• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Granted we were poor when we got married, but we did pepperoni pizza from Little Ceasers and Schlotzkys sandwiches for food. Everyone had a great time and 14y later we are still married.

The sole focus on the bride and making bridezilla an acceptable creature to be, I think, shows the problems with modern society and is a BAD sign for the relationship.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
    AMEN!
    Venture Surplus ad

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    As a former wedding photographer I've been to more weddings and seen more behind the scenes than most folks. I long ago decided that if my fiancee insisted on a big wedding, I needed to revisit the whole concept of the relationship.

It never happened and I'm too old to worry about it ever occurring. I guess old age isn't all bad. :)

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Maybe its because i'm a cheapskate but I think that money is better spent on a house or other future goals like a kids college fund, getting out of debt, or whatever else. I've got some kinda low-income cousins that did a back yard wedding and their best photo was in front of a portajohn they didn't bother to photoshop out when they sent their celebratory cards. Whatever, be marry, be married, be happy. Who cares about a 1 day party.

Hey if you're going to be in Krum check out "The Bore and Barrel" gun store. My buddy runs it. Its very small and has a little antique militaria room. Might find an oddity to look at if you have the time.
    I am up and down 380, a lot. Running from Suffering Springs to Jacksboro. Krum is just off of 380 by Denton. Bore and Barrel? In beautiful down town Krum?

OutlawStar

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 14, 2017
    Anna
    I am up and down 380, a lot. Running from Suffering Springs to Jacksboro. Krum is just off of 380 by Denton. Bore and Barrel? In beautiful down town Krum?
    Haha yeah its right across from the police station. He gets a lot of really oddball stuff through his shop as he mostly does gunsmithing work and while he is an FFL his primary business isn't gun sales like most gun shops. But if you're like me with 15 minutes to waste in a new area, why not check out a gun store? What else is there to look at, a new McDonalds?

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    Haha yeah its right across from the police station. He gets a lot of really oddball stuff through his shop as he mostly does gunsmithing work and while he is an FFL his primary business isn't gun sales like most gun shops. But if you're like me with 15 minutes to waste in a new area, why not check out a gun store? What else is there to look at, a new McDonalds?
    Checking out old hardware stores, and gun shops with a gunsmith, with oddball stuff, is my idea of a great day.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW
    Maybe its because i'm a cheapskate but I think that money is better spent on a house or other future goals like a kids college fund, getting out of debt, or whatever else.

Over 30 years ago, my wife and I got married on my lunch break at city hall. One of our friends was witness, then I went back to work and they had lunch down the street. We did go to Hawaii for a vacation trip a couple of days later, but saved money not having a wedding and bought our first house the following year.

No cell phone cameras or digital ones back then, we didn't even think to get a photograph.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    I was blessed by and with a good woman.

Friends asked us a while back how long we've been together. Told them we've been married for over 30 years.

Buddy said, "That's not what I asked."

Did the math and said, "Most all of our lives."

Buddy and his wife were at our wedding... yet that event never even came up in the discussion.

Blessed with a great wife and great buddies.

If I die today, I die a man of great wealth!

Money has nothing to do with it.

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    The first wedding was a big deal, the woman, not so much. Lasted almost seven years before I realized what a piece of trash she was.

Mrs. Whistler and I stood in front of a JP and her secretary on New Year's Eve in a snow storm and stopped at a liquor store for champagne on the way home, thirty some-odd years ago.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The first wedding was a big deal, the woman, not so much. Lasted almost seven years before I realized what a piece of trash she was.

Mrs. Whistler and I stood in front of a JP and her secretary on New Year's Eve in a snow storm and stopped at a liquor store for champagne on the way home, thirty some-odd years ago.
    I ALWAYS HAD THE RECEPTION AT A LOCAL WATERING HOLE THEY ALREADY HAD ALL THE TABLES CHAIRS AND ALCOHOL!

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Someday I’d like to be married again. But I gotta be open to the idea that’s not in my cards. No that’s not a feel sorry for me post. I genuinely love that a lot of you found a good woman. Ran into my ex and she’s moving fast. She’s got her future man already. I felt sorry for her. People move fast just to fill what’s missing because of loneliness. But even if people lie about me or enjoy seeing me suffer, everyone deserves happiness and I hope they work.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Someday I’d like to be married again. But I gotta be open to the idea that’s not in my cards. No that’s not a feel sorry for me post. I genuinely love that a lot of you found a good woman. Ran into my ex and she’s moving fast. She’s got her future man already. I felt sorry for her. People move fast just to fill what’s missing because of loneliness. But even if people lie about me or enjoy seeing me suffer, everyone deserves happiness and I hope they work.
    IT TAKES TIME TO HEAL FROM A DIVORCEIT TOOK ME YEARS TO GET OVER HATING MY EX-WIVES

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

Some people try to fill that hole in their soul with the wrong stuff.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I know this post is about weddings. Been married twice and hindsight is 20/20.

If I had to do it all over again, I would get a passport and learn Thai and Spanish. Keep a woman in countries that speak those languages and visit when I want and leave when I want. The women stay there. My life would have been much less complicated and my retirement fund much larger.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom