• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Not clone correct, if that's what you're going for, but I've recently been impressed by PA's micro prisms for a budget minded optic. Kind of like a mini ACOG.
    I have one of those on my Wasr. I want to love it, but the eye relief similar to the TA31 just kills it for me. Great optic really, but I'm am a looks kind of guy. I really need my rear buis behind the optic.

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    I have one of those on my Wasr. I want to love it, but the eye relief similar to the TA31 just kills it for me. Great optic really, but I'm am a looks kind of guy. I really need my rear buis behind the optic.

Sounds like didn't go for the Geissele. Good thing, cause primary has them right now for about 180 (can't remember exactly, got the email hours ago). It's not the 149.99 super sale but it's something. Just throwing it out there. And, yes, SSA > SSA-E.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    Sounds like didn't go for the Geissele. Good thing, cause primary has them right now for about 180 (can't remember exactly, got the email hours ago). It's not the 149.99 super sale but it's something. Just throwing it out there. And, yes, SSA > SSA-E.

I didn't. Larue was $99

brashears9567

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 12, 2016
    I didn't. Larue was $99

I've been meaning to grab a Larue for a few years. I guess I need to try one out. Last time I was on their website, it was a bit dated. I know some retailers carry Larue products now but I think triggers are not one of those items. I also remember long lead times to get one. Ah, I'll order one soon.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've been meaning to grab a Larue for a few years. I guess I need to try one out. Last time I was on their website, it was a bit dated. I know some retailers carry Larue products now but I think triggers are not one of those items. I also remember long lead times to get one. Ah, I'll order one soon.

Now is the time!

pdog109

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2023
    San Angelo
    TA31 of you want as close to issue as possible.

The TA11 however is a very good general purpose fixed power, you loose .5x magnification, and the optic is overall bigger, but the eye relief is much more forgiving.

View attachment 431081

Is that a surefire RC2? How does it mount to the rifle, does it just mount to the standard A-2 flash hider or do you need a different muzzle device? I recently got a sandman-s because I have 3 rifles with the nox muzzle device but i do want a colt 6920 one day.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Is that a surefire RC2? How does it mount to the rifle, does it just mount to the standard A-2 flash hider or do you need a different muzzle device? I recently got a sandman-s because I have 3 rifles with the nox muzzle device but i do want a colt 6920 one day.
    Yeah it's an rc2, it requires a surefire or b&t muzzle device.

The colt socoms are pinned and welded, but thats easy to work around. Regular 6920's are just threaded on so its easy to swap out.

houstongun807

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2023
    Houston
    If you haven't received it yet be sure to check for QC issues before doing the transfer, CZ Colt outsources all their barrels and receivers now and are a pain in the ass to deal with.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    If you haven't received it yet be sure to check for QC issues before doing the transfer, CZ Colt outsources all their barrels and receivers now and are a pain in the ass to deal with.

Colt has been outsourcing parts since before ww2.

The barrel on my socom and 6920 are colt, the ro901 upper i had was made by roscoe

Uppers were all colt.

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    I put the Larue in. They are my trigger of choice. I went looking at Acogs yesterday. Didn't like any of them compared to an LPVO. I'm throwing an old Eotech on it for now.
    ACOGs, like all prism scopes, have a short eye relief, this includes Elcans. You have to put them in the rearmost slot in front of the BUIS and use nose-to-CH TTP for shooting. Folks who work/worked in the Profession of Arms in one of the big GOV gun clubs in the last 25 years know this and it's second nature. It just takes some getting used to. Once you get in the eyebox though, you never forget it and it's pretty generous.

Big Army and Marines still use TA31s but are transitioning to LPVOs; SOF went from TA01 (SU237) to Elcan 1-4x (SU230) and transitioned to LPVOs but there are a bunch of old sights in the inventory.

zackmars

Novice Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    ACOGs, like all prism scopes, have a short eye relief, this includes Elcans. You have to put them in the rearmost slot in front of the BUIS and use nose-to-CH TTP for shooting. Folks who work/worked in the Profession of Arms in one of the big GOV gun clubs in the last 25 years know this and it's second nature. It just takes some getting used to. Once you get in the eyebox though, you never forget it and it's pretty generous.

Big Army and Marines still use TA31s but are transitioning to LPVOs; SOF went from TA01 (SU237) to Elcan 1-4x (SU230) and transitioned to LPVOs but there are a bunch of old sights in the inventory.

Not true of all prisms. The ta11 and ta44 have 3"+ of eye relief. Trijicon frequently understates their eye relief.

tekiwap

Fudds gonna fudd
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    SWOK
    Nobody in the military uses those and in the context provided is irrelevant. He had asked about which LARPer scopes he should be rocking. The two models (plus variants) are short eye relief. Same with the Elcan.

The two you referenced are actually 2.5” eye relief. Which is still pretty short although not the 1” ish of the issues sights. Doesn’t changed the fact that the sights he would need for LARPing activities have a short eye relief and affect his use of the rifle compared to an LPVO.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom