Gonzales, Texas
    4a9be30a59f074e0412610cf90943735.jpg

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Houston, 32 degrees and after spending 30 of my 70+ years in the desert southwest, I think of "cold" as just another dirty four letter word that should be banned from public use.
    This!

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Houston, 32 degrees and after spending 30 of my 70+ years in the desert southwest, I think of "cold" as just another dirty four letter word that should be banned from public use.

Sounds like you need a nice warm "safe space".
    It was 15 degrees when I woke this morning, we're supposed to get to a balmy 32 today.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There's a special place for people who like cold weather.

It's called "Canada".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wyldman

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Too damned cold for rational, thinking beings.

Crush, kill, mangle, maim, destroy.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    In Chicago, at 19 degrees below zero, the night air was still and dense and you could hear people talking in a normal voice 1-2 blocks away!

On the two huge motorcycle trips around the western US, I spent lots of time cruising through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and the Dakotas, there were many things that were foreign to a Texan.

Electrical outlets were installed on parking meters for those who drive into town at 30-40 below zero! They plug their vehicles in like toasters to keep them warm!

In Montana and Wyoming, there were miles of snow fences to keep snow from drifting across the road.

In Montana, when they close the highway due to high snowfall, they actually have gates that they close and lock up the highway!

Being told that snow drifted 8 feet deep in the town of Laramie, Wyoming.

Seeing doors built into the roofs of houses. The snow drifts so high that the people can't get out, otherwise!

Tire chains. Awful to install and terrible to drive with!

Studded snow tires were considered a gift from God, until they saw wear the studs caused to the roads.

Having a spare pair of snow tires on rims in the garage to install before a storm.

Snowplow drivers are insane! They roar down the highway and completely bury parked cars or worse..........smash into them. If your vehicle gets smashed, it's your own fault.

Snowplows clear the road, but they also block your driveway with huge piles of snow. You dig out.

Yup, it's chilly in Texas, but I'll take this gladly compared to what the northerners get!

Flash

Last edited:

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    All the ducks water had frozen over. I busted up the top ice a few times but they didn't really care for that. I filled up a bucket with hot water for them and it was like they had a hot tub, lol...

Top Bottom