• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Pipes on the outside are well insulated by a small section was exposed, I guess I had a minor freeze on the PVC in that area, ran the water and broke it loose. Got lucky this time. Forgot to let it drip over night. Going to need to go to Home Depot and get more insulation for that section.

will_em

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2016
    Got down to 15 in the Piney Woods last night with a high of 34 today.

Despite living here basically my whole life I've always liked both the hot and cold weather TX has to offer... I leave a window cracked pretty much year round. As long as I wear a jacket and have a wool cap for the noggin I'm good down to the low 30s. Today, though, it actually got cold enough that I was uncomfortable in my shorts :banana:

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Got down to 15 in the Piney Woods last night with a high of 34 today.

Despite living here basically my whole life I've always liked both the hot and cold weather TX has to offer... I leave a window cracked pretty much year round. As long as I wear a jacket and have a wool cap for the noggin I'm good down to the low 30s. Today, though, it actually got cold enough that I was uncomfortable in my shorts :banana:

Sweep away the cheetoes

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    IMG_0080.jpg
    From the farm.
    Best I can tell, the temp shown is legit.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Already have the faucets in the house in drip mode since its 26 out, news website says 30 but my truck begs to differ, it's always colder here in Salado.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Already have the faucets in the house in drip mode since its 26 out, news website says 30 but my truck begs to differ, it's always colder here in Salado.

I have to opposite situation here in Austin. My weather station (outdoor sensor) always tells me it is warmer at my house by about 4 to 6 degrees than what the local weather reports say.

And in the summer, the opposite occurs - the outdoor temps at my house are always 4 to 6 degrees cooler.

I attribute these differences to being located very near the water.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Well, we decided to brave the weather and drive 'back east' to Madison, MS on Saturday. Drove by Magnolia Market and the Silos in Waco for a side-trip and stopped too many times along the 560 mile trip. As a result, we crossed into Mississippi well after sunset and the temp was dropping fast...25 degrees @ 8pm. The runoff that flowed across the highway after melting in the relatively warm sunshine of the afternoon was re-freezing right zippy!! There were a couple of tricky patches if you didn't pay attention and we saw numerous rescue vehicles attending to cars and trucks that had run off the road for whatever reasons. THEN,we got past Vicksburg toward Clinton and the westbound lanes of I-20 were STOPPED !!! I am SURE glad we were headed the other way and could get through! The back-up was 1.5-2 miles in length by my estimation and it was 25degrees and headed into the mid-teens overnight!!! We encountered a few more icy patches on the way to Madison...22 degrees when we arrived. That's plenty cold enough folks!!!!!

One more day of this, then a serious warm-up begins. Might be back in shorts by Tuesday!!!

Let's be careful out there!

Top Bottom