• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2014
    I'm traveling to San Antonio in May and checking around some Hilton properties to see if they allow CHL carry in their properties. One property by the airport I talked to, the girl literally went blank when I tried to tell her what CHL stood for. She did not even know what it meant. Embassy Suites - Airport

The second property I tried calling that is in New Braunfels does allow CCW as long as you have your license with you. Yeah!! I'll be booking this one. Hilton Garden Inn

:)
    Venture Surplus ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    The second property I tried calling that is in New Braunfels does allow CCW as long as you have your license with you.

:)

Why would they need to see your license? Are you advertising to them you are carrying? There should be no reason for them to ever know you have a gun. No legal sign and it's not against the law, no need to do anything.

pilotranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2014
    They just restated their policy to me. I did not know if the property allowed it or not, she just stated "it is allowed and you do not need to show us your permit."

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    I believe they have to inform you first, both on the website and if you call. You have no obligation to seek it out yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotranger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2014
    I believe they have to inform you first, both on the website and if you call. You have no obligation to seek it out yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to know. I thought the burden was on us to find out the policy. I checked their website and it did not list their policy. Therefore, I made the call into them.

jocat54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Lindale, Texas
    The only people I would tell would be if I was checking a firearm in checked luggage on an airline.

Just did (Delta). Flew to Lewiston Idaho and drove back. Been back about 3 hours now. Carried my firearm in the truck and into every motel we stayed at threw 5 states. They do not need to know----a motel is like my home while I am there. Don't know the particular laws of each state though. I do believe Texas considers a motel room like your home though (could be wrong about that).

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    In Texas, they're required by law to put a notice on the website. Occupations Code 2155, Subchapter C:

SUBCHAPTER C. FIREARMS POLICY NOTICE
    Sec. 2155.101. DEFINITION. In this subchapter, "hotel" has the meaning assigned by Section 156.001, Tax Code.

Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 237 (H.B. 333), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.

Sec. 2155.102. APPLICABILITY OF SUBCHAPTER. This subchapter applies only to a hotel that has a policy prohibiting or restricting the possession, storage, or transportation of firearms by hotel guests.

Added by Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 237 (H.B. 333), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2013.

Sec. 2155.103. NOTICE REGARDING FIREARMS POLICY. (a) A hotel shall include on the hotel's Internet reservation website the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms.
    (b) If a hotel provides a written confirmation or a written statement of terms and conditions to a consumer after accepting the consumer's hotel reservation by telephone, the hotel shall include information specifying how the consumer may review applicable guest policies. The guest policies must indicate the hotel's policy regarding the possession, storage, and transportation of firearms by guests.
    (c) A hotel owner or keeper commits an offense if the person does not comply with this section. An offense under this subsection is a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than $100.

Englishman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    The New World
    I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn in Corpus. The SMS confirmation I received said to check with the hotel regarding their gun policy. Odd way to communicate that you have a policy and nothing on the website.

dvmpiper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Terrell, Tx
    I guess they followed the letter of the law. Seems to fit in Sec 2155.103(b) as shown above, in providing information on how to review the guest policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Concealed means concealed. It's none of their business.

Generally, unless the police have a reason to become involved. And as private property, they do have the ability to set their own rules.

I agree, though, that violation of those rules should be a CIVIL matter between the hotel and patron, not a CRIMINAL matter between patron and state.

roadkill

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Leave gun in car. Pay for room then cc from Lobby to room and then room thru lobby to car. All legal.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    A friend of mine does not and can't obtain a CCL due to a prior conviction he had a while back. He carries everywhere. He refuses to let the law stand in his way to protect himself and family.

Top Bottom