• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Your standards are duly noted.

Personally I don't have a problem with him trying to protect himself & family. Man just can't obtain a CCL. he can purchase all he wants, just not that. Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 sort of deal.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    He lives here in Texas. He was convicted of a felony about 12-15 yrs ago. Young and dumb. He earned the right to purchase again, just not a CCL or a hunting license.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Given the info provided? Yep.

That seems pretty narrow minded IMHO given the man just wants to keep him and his family safe from others that wish to do harm. I think he would sleep better in jail knowing that his family is still alive and safe cause he chose to defend them with a firearm.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    He lives here in Texas. He was convicted of a felony about 12-15 yrs ago. Young and dumb. He earned the right to purchase again, just not a CCL or a hunting license.

I take it getting it expunged isn't an option?

He's not just flirting with UCW, he's flirting with felon in possession charges. Federal time, minimum sentencing guidelines, etc., depending on his scenario.

At the very least I think I'd have to consider a trade-off for a non-prohibited weapon in this case.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    I take it getting it expunged isn't an option?

He's not just flirting with UCW, he's flirting with felon in possession charges. Federal time, minimum sentencing guidelines, etc., depending on his scenario.

At the very least I think I'd have to consider a trade-off for a non-prohibited weapon in this case.

Understood. The logic is what he's thinking I guess.
    I personally don't have a CCL. But I keep one in the truck. I don't carry with me in public to avoid the legal issues. I do try to avoid gun free zones. The best I have is a can of cold steel and a blade. Each to his own I guess. I don't condemn him but I don't promote it either.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    That seems pretty narrow minded IMHO given the man just wants to keep him and his family safe from others that wish to do harm. I think he would sleep better in jail knowing that his family is still alive and safe cause he chose to defend them with a firearm.
    Isn't that what 2A is all about: the natural right to defend ourselves????

So, your boy is in the pokie for whatever reason, again! Explain to me how the 2A is helping him protect his family now.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    The reason would be: he defended himself with a firearm even though he does not have a CCL.
    The logic in the 2A is that you have the natural right to defend yourself. Rather it be from a tyrannical government or a bad guys.
    I'm not saying that will hold up in court, but at least he lives and one less bad guy in the street.
    My point was he values his life and the lives of his family over the law. I don't condemn it nor condone it. I see the logic in his thinking.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    Btw, I did not mean to thread jack here. I would like to hear more opinions on this subject however.

Ironhorseromo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2014
    You'll get both sides, but you're right, it probably is worth a separate thread since it's a tangent to hotel carry. Go start one!

Meh, there's really no need. The situation is what it is and is not up for debate on whether he's gonna carry or not.

Top Bottom