• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Main reason I refuse to watch the new 'real FBI' show, just ex's trying to justify their responses on the job. ATF not the only ones. We had a drug bust in the neighborhood few yrs back, flash bangs and everything early in morning when kids were waiting on school bus. Could have just waited till the people went out of the house.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    "Undercover agents bought firearms from Malinowski who was acting as an unlicensed vendor at a gun show. He did not ask the agents for ID or paperwork,"

If he was selling as an individual, there was not need for ID or paperwork.

This is why the ATF wants to rewrite the regs so that everyone who sells a single gun can be classified as a dealer.

Still no word as to how the shooting began. The brother's statement indicates it was a no-knock. ATF going cowboy again.

Perhaps he was a dealer, still no excuse for how this went down.
    This^^^

Joe

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    "Undercover agents bought firearms from Malinowski who was acting as an unlicensed vendor at a gun show. He did not ask the agents for ID or paperwork,"

If he was selling as an individual, there was not need for ID or paperwork.

This is why the ATF wants to rewrite the regs so that everyone who sells a single gun can be classified as a dealer.

Still no word as to how the shooting began. The brother's statement indicates it was a no-knock. ATF going cowboy again.

Perhaps he was a dealer, still no excuse for how this went down.

Yeah, my interaction with the ATF recently left me less than thrilled with them. The guy was personable enough - but he's brainwashed into the "Make sure you get a picture of the person's ID" nonsense - like sorry, not sorry dude - neither Federal law or State law require that from a private seller / buyer - I'm not a dealer, I don't make money by selling guns like that, and I'm not going to make your job easier IF a gun I sell winds up in the wrong hands down the road (which, I guess it did, along with other guns from other people)

They want to change the laws to eliminate private sales all together - meanwhile the a federal court just ruled that illegal aliens are A-OK to have guns. Illegal aliens cannot legally buy a gun through an FFL, so that must mean that private sales are A-OK. All gun laws are infringements, and ATF has no constitutional basis to even exist. Every ATF agent should be fired. But I'm the *extemist* that also thinks that 99% of federal cops should be fired, their agencies dissolved, and anything except for the US Marshals should be gone. USMS can handle prisoner transportation, executive protection, fugitive apprehension across state lines, coordinate with local and state LE agencies for multi-jurisdictional investigations and apprehensions, and be mostly hands-off and let local cops run investigations and do police work.

The number of Federal LE agencies is stupid, and the number of Federal LE agents is doubly stupid. Seems like every Fed fifedom has LE powers and agents. Pointless government bloat and waste. They can have non-sworn, non-arresting investigators that can coordinate with other agencies IF there are issues that need addressed like wire fraud, mail fraud, etc.

Wipe 99% of *federal* laws off the books, restrict states to only enacting and enforcing laws that jive with Constitutional protections, and hack the FedGov to a sliver of what it is today.

I'm honestly less concerned about illegal aliens invading my home and my land than I am about some jack booted Federal goon no-knocking my place at 3AM because I'm a middle aged white conservative male gun owner, especially with the current administation.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    The difference in this case seems to be most of us sell 0-4 or 5 per year. Most at a loss or a few bucks profit. While this guy seems to have sold a bunch of new guns.

I stand by my comment that he still didn’t deserve to die for that. Well known guy they could have taken anywhere.

Only thing you can take from that is if they show up, they are there to kill you. Saves a ton of budget money to not have a trial.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The difference in this case seems to be most of us sell 0-4 or 5 per year. Most at a loss or a few bucks profit. While this guy seems to have sold a bunch of new guns.

Eh, I've sold new guns before. A gun that feels great, seems to have a great trigger, great ergonomics can turn out to be a turd at the range. Surprisngly or not - I've had that happen with a few Sig pistols over the years.

Sig Pro 2340 and 2022 (I gave the SigPro a chance again after 10 years because they felt so damn good in hand...) - neither shot for shit for me. Conversely, the 220, 225, and 226 are all great shooters. The Sig X-Macro I bought shortly after they were released. Loved how it felt, loved the ergos - didn't shoot nearly as well as it should've for me and it was snappier than I cared for.

Selling new guns by itself doesn't warrant an investigation, let alone a no-knock where you wind up dead. But then again, I think that a guy should be able to sell brand new machine guns out of the back of his van in Time Square without being hassled, require a license, or otherwise getting permission from the King, er, government. That statement probably got me on *another* list. I'm sure their lists have to be organized by other lists at this point.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If you shot it, it ain’t new anymore.

And that 2022 was the only Sig-fail until the 320. That was an awful pistol. I tried to like it. Put 3 mags through it. Then traded it even up for a 10-22.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    And therein lies the problem. It's some arbitrary number that few even know (even in the three-alphabet agencies I suspect), subject to change with little/no notice.
    How about 15 guns? Am I a dealer still?
    How about five? One?
    Are you saying that you don't know if 150 would be a high enough number?

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Main reason I refuse to watch the new 'real FBI' show, just ex's trying to justify their responses on the job. ATF not the only ones. We had a drug bust in the neighborhood few yrs back, flash bangs and everything early in morning when kids were waiting on school bus. Could have just waited till the people went out of the house.
    Sometimes that is the best option.

They watch the kids leave, they know only adults are in the house and that everyone they want is still in the house.

There is a time and place for no-knock raids, but it doesn't sound like the ATF needed to do one. Worst case the ATF would end up with a barricaded subj, but with a drug dealer they can destroy evidence in a few seconds. You cant really flush ammo or a gun down the toilet... (but remind me why either are illegal?)

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Exactly.
    And, yes, 150 sounds like a lot. It's what....3 or 4 a week? You know "dealers" who could make it selling 4 guns a week?
    There’s also the issue of time.

Good guy gun owner keeps a BoS for everything he’s ever sold. Friendly ATF agent comes by just to talk. Friendly gun owner has nothing to hid. Brings out his 25 years worth of BoSs. Friendly ATF thanks him for his cooperation and leaves. Next day his door gets kicked in and he’s charged for dealing firearms without a license. They have proof he’s sold over 150 firearms. But they’ve take. This criminal off the streets.

Not saying that applies directly to this case. But this is why there’s a problem with the “dealing without a license” charge in general. There is no standard. 5 in a year? 10 in 5 years? Maybe you cleaned out the safe and sold off 10 on one year to fund something else? Who decides when you become a felon?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    AmyG
    Top Bottom