• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I can't stand D Patrick because she got in to NASCAR based solely on her appearance and the fact that they wanted to throw a woman on the track in another lame attempt to increase sales.

I can't stand seeing all the "new face of NASCAR" crap from someone who has done nothing to earn the title and get sick of hearing about what she is doing through the entire race.

If she wants to race and can keep from crashing everybody that's great, but they Gould quite trying to use here marketing scheme.

My dad said he was done with NASCAR after they went to here before any other driver after the race. First interview generally goes to 2nd place driver.

Makes me wonder how many fans they are losing by pushing her compared to what they are gaining.
    Hurley's Gold

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    I can't stand D Patrick because she got in to NASCAR based solely on her appearance and the fact that they wanted to throw a woman on the track in another lame attempt to increase sales.

I can't stand seeing all the "new face of NASCAR" crap from someone who has done nothing to earn the title and get sick of hearing about what she is doing through the entire race.

If she wants to race and can keep from crashing everybody that's great, but they Gould quite trying to use here marketing scheme.

My dad said he was done with NASCAR after they went to here before any other driver after the race. First interview generally goes to 2nd place driver.

Makes me wonder how many fans they are losing by pushing her compared to what they are gaining.

I dunno NASCAR is a promotional sport. I think she's there simply because she's a pretty face, not a terrible driver, and comes with her own sponsors.
    She is pretty good today. Ran up from the whole day, Didn't cause anything.

How many other NASCAR drivers have continual commercial spots in the Super Bowl?

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011

Really?

How does anybody get into professional motorsports? By knowing somebody.

You act like they took some girl off the street and threw her in a racecar. She got pole position at the Daytona 500 for pete's sake. And she didn't do too terribly in IRL...

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Diehard NASCAR bubbas resent Patrick being in a car for any reason. They are the same ones who swore they would never watch a Toyota run. After a while, she'll blend in like any other driver. Right now I can't blame NASCAR for using her for publicity. After all... it's ALL about the money.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not saying she shouldn't be on the track, just don't see the hype and it causes resentment.

@Alex: she came from F1, not sure how she did there but she got IMO she got in on looks, not driving ability.

It does seem she has started to figure it out but above statement still applies.

BTW, it's NASCAR, don't need a reason to hate another driver,lol. I bet she sabotaged Kenseth's engine.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    @Alex: she came from F1, not sure how she did there but she got IMO she got in on looks, not driving ability.

Actually, she came from IRL, not F1.

Whether or not she got in because of her looks has nothing to do with the fact that she is a damn good racecar driver.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Gotta say....I wouldn't have answered the phone or left the house if it was on fire until after the race ended!

I watched the pre-race shows and they were really interesting. Those cars are wide open throttle all around the track and they fly the cars around in the air envelopes around the cars. On the last lap when they passed Danika, you could see her car slow when their wind caught her.

The game with those cars is to follow a line that scrubs off as little speed as possible and use the front/rear draft and side draft.

Did you see how the leader got rid of the paper clogging his air duct? He drafted the pace car on yellow and the suction pulled the obstruction off. That was slick!

The closest thing I can identify with was a boat that I had some years ago. It was an 18.5 foot Skeeter with a 200 Black Max on it. At speed, when trimmed right, only the last 18" of the boat was in the water. You actually flew that boat at 70 MPH! You had to watch wind and wakes because the boats would catch the wind and flip! She came up a few times but never went over.

Flash

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    First before I answer your question about why Danica should be racing in the Sprint Cup, I want to thank 'NFA Gun Trusts and Double Action CHL classes' for their generous sponsorships and giving me the opportunity to be on Alan's board. Without their support and my Fujitsu laptop, fueled by Duncan Donut's coffee and Land of Lakes 1/2 & 1/2 in my cup I would not be here today.

You guys seem to forget that DP won an Indy car race in 2008, and was the top American driver in the series that year. She has street credibility as a racer.

While her looks have helped her, they also have been a distraction at times, allowing the criticism of her being just there as a pretty face. She seems like she is tough enough to handle it, and has done a good job so far. (Glad she got a boyfriend, beginning to wonder if she liked Richard or not, LOL)

NASCAR is about marketing, a lot of drivers have better status with the fans than their race career supports, and a lot of good drivers are not as popular.

She is good for the sport.

(She must be, we are talking about her on a gun board where even football threads don't last long. ;) )

Last edited:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    you mean like Jr?

Humm, really did not think about him:rolleyes:

Notice how he has won the 'Most Popular Award' for every one of the last 10 years, and has zero championships to show for it? That puts him above excellent drivers like Jimmy Johnson who won 5 straight titles in that time frame, Smoke with 3 titles during that period, even Jeff Gordon got a title during that time??? Heck, a lot of people don't even remember that the blue deuce and it's driver winning last year, LOL.

I do like Jr., just don't think he has had the skills and team support structure behind him to be a serious contender until now. This year may be different.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Ya, when people ask me who my driver is, I tell them Gordon and Stewart, and that they've been my driver for decades. It's funny when people ask me, "Stewart? Is he any good?" lol, nah, he's just 3-time NASCAR Cup champion, IRL champion, USAC champion, etc.

I also like Marcos Ambrose and Juan Montoya. Two more drivers that people ask, "who are they?"

I think Keselowski is one helluva driver, even though I think he races pretty dirty. He deserves the title, but I think he does get overshadowed by 5-time champ JJ. He may fade out of memory much like Kenseth... Lots of series champions still in the mix like the Labontes, yet nobody seems to remember them.

Ask anybody that's not into NASCAR, if they can name a driver, and my bets on them saying "Dale Jr." :rolleyes:

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    I hear you alexrex20. JJ moved to the top of my list when HBO did the series with him and showed what kind of guy he really is. Smoke, Edwards, Martin and a few others that just do their job well impress me. Not a big fan of the brothers Kurt and Kyle, seem like assholes. Glad to see some other fans of the sport on here and chiming in.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Kenseth is far from forgotten.
    He led the points most of last year. He's quiet and clean for sure. Borderline boring.
    That's why I started rooting for him after Sterling Marlin got black listed and squeezed out.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Kenseth is far from forgotten.
    He led the points most of last year. He's quiet and clean for sure. Borderline boring.
    That's why I started rooting for him after Sterling Marlin got black listed and squeezed out.

People that know, know Kenseth. But for some reason he's not nearly as "famous" as many other drivers that are arguably... shittier. lol

I guess that's the price you pay for being a gentleman driver in NASCAR. :p

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    D54G
    Top Bottom