Hurley's Gold

Does SHTF Seem More of a Reality to You Now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    After years of SHTF hypothesis, the issues now appear much more real to me since we are getting a small taste of panic driven chaos with economic chaos just around the corner.
    I do not think this corona crap is a SHTF situation, I think a SHTF situation is and always has been something like an immediate threat in your face assault, rape, robbery, riot, and so forth. I believe this is much more, I think it amounts to honest to goodness TEOTWAWKI. Note I do not mean this is the end of the world, I mean it is the end of the world as we know&knew it. It has changed forever and we never can go back after this insanity is my bet. Of course, it may be filled with SHTF situations but on the overall scale this is a much bigger ongoing issue of the human race losing its collective mind and may be overwhelming in its TEOTWAWKI craziness.

Planning and revamping plans or practicing those in place - a very good idea because who knows what is coming.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    This nation has seen worse. The world as we know it will be the same when this passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure it has seen worse, worse in reality. This so far apparently has been overblown fantasy land paranoia. Life will go on and maybe for you it will be the same - but no, it will not be the same after this subsides at least not for me - certainly not the same in the way I will view our nation and our people.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around this panic buying stuff. Sure the hand sanitizer and surgical masks I get. The stuff since then I don't. It's like the panic buying started, and now everyone is trying to figure out what to hoard next so they all just move on to the next category.

I think the panic buying slows dramatically as the next round of credit card bills come in and folks are starting to throw food away because they've let it spoil while ordering take out or delivery.

But it does give an indication of what percent of the population will be completely helpless during a real SHTF scenario.

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    If people would stop running around like their hair is on fire and just chill a bit we’ll get thru this.
    We would all have to take a turn going to the store for supplies etc.
    The .gov has to allow some movement to medical/food/etc.
    it’s gonna suck no doubt.
    Yep. This whole load of crap would be nothing more than a minor inconvenience if it weren't for the panic. The panic is the only thing that I'm really concerned about.

Top Bottom