• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....
    Quite a lot...and you'd need to separate a whole lot of carbon out of the bodies to alloy with the iron too, or you'll wind up with a crappy wrought iron "knife shaped object".

Rare earth magnets at strategic locations to collect iron for the Zod knife... hope everything works out for you.

Ok....so there's a plan. You & 2MG start on the mechanics. I'll work out the supply issue....
    Hurley's Gold

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Is the mystery word "elk"?
    Only thing I could think of.
    Ass meat, perhaps

IMG_1527.jpeg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    That sucks brother, hope y’all get it straightened out.

Have you tried multi day fasting followed by something like a Whole 30 plan? Kinda give the body a major reset then re-introduce foods and see what the body actually does.
    Yeah I did that when I got my celiac diagnosis.
    Elevated ferritin (iron) seems to be well understood - don’t consumer iron.

There are also chelators that draw iron from your blood. I’m on a drug called deferasirox that does that, and I’m on IP-6 supplements that do the same, and green tea which also does it.

My ferratin levels are 1000…Normal is 25-300, and Ive read testimonials of folks who can’t function or even get out of bed at levels lower than mine.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    …but I can’t east red meat for a while, and maybe anymore.

WTF is this shit, you ask?

I’ve been diagnosed with hereditary hemochromatosis, which means my body retains iron. Like, super unhealthy levels that could cause organ damage.

Never knew I had until the last year or so, very strange that it would manifest in my 50’s.

There’s no cure.
    Treatment includes regular blood-letting…seriously, its 2024 and this is the answer?

So now I’m sitting here wondering what the hell I’m supposed to eat.

It’s bad enough that I’m that gluten-free guy from CA. It’s celiac you MFers, another thing that manifested later in life.

That is all.
    Text me. We need to hang out anyway. Plenty of dishes you can make.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Outstanding!
    When you need to alter your diet for health reasons, you just do it.

In my case, gout has eliminated all pork, venison, beer, and wine, and many fruits (fructose), all former favorites, from my diet. It wasn’t worth the misery.

Chicken and fish, even some shrimp, are tolerated. I eat red meat (beef) one or two nights a week.

Gin has replaced beer and wine.

You will find your “zone”. Good luck and good health!

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    …but I can’t east red meat for a while, and maybe anymore.

WTF is this shit, you ask?

I’ve been diagnosed with hereditary hemochromatosis, which means my body retains iron. Like, super unhealthy levels that could cause organ damage.

Never knew I had until the last year or so, very strange that it would manifest in my 50’s.

There’s no cure.
    Treatment includes regular blood-letting…seriously, its 2024 and this is the answer?

So now I’m sitting here wondering what the hell I’m supposed to eat.

It’s bad enough that I’m that gluten-free guy from CA. It’s celiac you MFers, another thing that manifested later in life.

That is all.
    Sorry to hear that. Life is like a box of chocolates.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Treatment includes regular blood-letting…seriously, its 2024 and this is the answer?...
    You likely know this, but time to become your own Mayo Clinic. That starts with asking lots of questions and researching the answers, then asking more questions and doing more research.

Sometimes providers are operating reactively from a playbook instead of gathering all the info they can from your body and lifestyle to give you informed options.

Hopefully you’ve gotten liver function tests to establish a baseline since iron is pretty hard on the liver.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    You likely know this, but time to become your own Mayo Clinic. That starts with asking lots of questions and researching the answers, then asking more questions and doing more research.

Sometimes providers are operating reactively from a playbook instead of gathering all the info they can from your body and lifestyle to give you informed options.

Hopefully you’ve gotten liver function tests to establish a baseline since iron is pretty hard on the liver.
    Yeah I’ve read-up on it quite a bit.

I couldn’t believe it, but removing blood is the most-effective therapy…
    Good, because it’s not a drug.
    Bad, because it makes me feel tired and I sorta like my blood right where it is.

Diey is the second-most effective.
    Since I don’t bleed much, and chelation drugs have side effects, I really need to buckle-down on diet.

I’ve been dicking around for a while, hoping the chelation meds would help while I sorta cut red meat out a few days a week.

But that ain’t working so I need to get serious. My iron levels are pretty high but there are folks waaaaaay worse than me. The damage elevated ferratin causes w/my numbers takes time to manifest, so it’s not an immediate thing.

But time has been ticking so I need to take it more seriously, to maintain the good health (I feel great) I have.

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW

Bad, because it makes me feel tired and I sorta like my blood right where it is.

Since I don’t bleed much, and chelation drugs have side effects, I really need to buckle-down on diet.

I’ve been dicking around for a while, hoping the chelation meds would help while I sorta cut red meat out a few days a week.

But that ain’t working so I need to get serious. My iron levels are pretty high but there are folks waaaaaay worse than me. The damage elevated ferratin causes w/my numbers takes time to manifest, so it’s not an immediate thing.

But time has been ticking so I need to take it more seriously, to maintain the good health (I feel great) I have.
    Good luck Pronstar praying for you

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    If the only issue you have is not eating red meat, it will pass. Remember all foods only taste good for a minute then it's gone and then you have to live with the consequences. Many others are on very restricted diets of which I'd hate to be on.

Best wishes in your journey !

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks

Maybe you could put that piece of juicy steak in your mouth, chew chew chew chew, enjoy all the flavor of the seasonings and juices - then spit it out.
    Yeah, it seems like a waste, but you get to enjoy the flavor and it was just going to turn to poop anyway.

Last edited:

zonearc0

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 15, 2024
    SMITHVILLE
    Who cares what you eat. Anyone who judges someone for being a vegetarian, vegan, is compensating for a small d1ck with a big mouth. Think about it this way .. how does what YOU eat affect anyone else? So, you have a good reason to change your diet, do it!
    Now, I eat meat, but I only eat chicken and fish now. I had super high blood pressure @ 40. Ended up in the hospital once and almost didn't make it. Started exercising and switched my diet around. No more fast food, a LOT more whole grains and plant based (not all, just a serious increase), cut out most crap foods (candy, cake, cookies, chips, etc) and cut out red meat unless its a MAJOR event (birthday/christmas). That means 360 days a year I eat pretty darn healthy. Now, my blood pressure is that of a 25 yr old. Not bad.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Who cares what you eat. Anyone who judges someone for being a vegetarian, vegan, is compensating for a small d1ck with a big mouth. Think about it this way .. how does what YOU eat affect anyone else? So, you have a good reason to change your diet, do it!
    Now, I eat meat, but I only eat chicken and fish now. I had super high blood pressure @ 40. Ended up in the hospital once and almost didn't make it. Started exercising and switched my diet around. No more fast food, a LOT more whole grains and plant based (not all, just a serious increase), cut out most crap foods (candy, cake, cookies, chips, etc) and cut out red meat unless its a MAJOR event (birthday/christmas). That means 360 days a year I eat pretty darn healthy. Now, my blood pressure is that of a 25 yr old. Not bad.

Dude, easy. He's a popular guy here and was posting in jest to complain about new dietary restrictions. It's all in good fun. We're all among friends. Mostly. And those that aren't are easy to ignore.

Top Bottom