Venture Surplus ad

Driving from Texas to New Jersey next week. What do I do with my gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

ScottDLS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2020
    Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas
    If you must travel to NJ, take your gun with you. Just before you enter NJ, stop at a bank and rent a safe deposit box. Place your gun and ammo in the box. When you leave NJ, stop and retrieve your gun and ammo.
    Even better. Stop in Pennsylvania. Establish residence, get a FFL, and open a gun shop. Then take your personal gun into inventory in your new shop, then release it to yourself when you're driving back and close the business and send your FFL records to ATF.

Westpacwill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2020
    Farwell, Texas
    Do not even pass through NJ with a weapon in your vehicle. I was just passing through enroute Rhode Island, but the NJ, NY, Connecticut part of the drive is a gamble you won't be pulled over (as I was in NJ for NM plates). Thank God for delivering me from that nightmare. The suggestion of leaving the weapon in a safety deposit box at a bank before NJ sounds like the best advice to me.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    I have driven to NJ three times in the last five years. I left my guns at home. But, I have never been stopped even with my Texas plates. I even took my daughter to an indoor gun range in the neighborhood. But she lives in NW NJ, lots of MAGA hats in that part of the state, if you get my drift.

Reactions: MTA

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    I'd be very careful about traveling through more stats the just New Jerksy. Illinois would be another state you better watch you ass in. They see out of state plate & if your have a nice ride they figure your muling dope. Large amounts of cash too.

Tennessee was very bad about that not too long ago. Although it did not happen to me it did happen to people I know who traveled on I-40 and those with out-of-state plates who were pulled over fast. They are looking for money more than anything. Traveling past Jackson on I40 heading towards Nashville I was tailed by a deputy vehicle but I told my wife to count to 30 and he would pull away. I did get pulled over in Loudonville, OH near the Amish towns and the local cop wanted to know if I was lost and I told him no and he asked if I am in business and I told him no I was eating at a recommended Amish restaurant and was heading back to our hotel in Polaris North of Columbus as my daughter is a competitor at Cardinal shooting center. He just wanted to know if I was in an operation.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Maybe he's sitting in jail for having forgotten about a carry hide out piece in his glove box that some overzealous tail light chaser found after pulling him over on some bullshit traffic violation then running a "drug" dog around the car and tapping the car to get the dog to "alert" - poor dude probably has a stretched out corn cutter, sore knees, and can't real Saul Goodman to save his life. Hopefully the OP gets rescued by an extraction team and makes it home to Texas with minimal PTSD from his experience.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom