• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Unincorporated East Harris County
    I ain't got no love for Slick Rick but there ain't a whole lot he could say. He says, "ZOMG! There's 27 people EXPOSED with another 85 they EXPOSED, with another 978 that they EXPOSED... " Well, you get the idea. People would freak the hell out. I can just see DFW evacuating like Houston did for Rita. Better to calm fears than to stampede the herd.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I ain't got no love for Slick Rick but there ain't a whole lot he could say. He says, "ZOMG! There's 27 people EXPOSED with another 85 they EXPOSED, with another 978 that they EXPOSED... " Well, you get the idea. People would freak the hell out. I can just see DFW evacuating like Houston did for Rita. Better to calm fears than to stampede the herd.

I get what you're saying, but he deliberately withheld the truth, just read the script, like a little puppet.

You can be frank with people and talk about some precautions without causing panic. He could have blasted the policy that allows people from West Africa to travel here. Blast Obama's immigration policy and his indifference and arrogance regarding the Ebola situation.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi

He's got a foot out the door and won't will any political office. Who cares what he says?

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    He's got a foot out the door and won't will any political office. Who cares what he says?

If Rick Perry came on the news this evening and said "EVERYONE IN DFW, EBOLA IS GONNA GET YOU, GET OUT NOW!" You would see utter pandemonium. Most people could care less what goes on in politics. People get it in their heads their family is in danger, they will stampede, and it will be very ugly.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    If Rick Perry came on the news this evening and said "EVERYONE IN DFW, EBOLA IS GONNA GET YOU, GET OUT NOW!" You would see utter pandemonium. Most people could care less what goes on in politics. People get it in their heads their family is in danger, they will stampede, and it will be very ugly.
    But it's stupid because Ebola is only spread by body fluids. Don't touch people's body fluids and you'll be cool.

I I just want to make another point- wtf Africa? Aids and now this? If you decide to go to west Africa I think they should warn you that you can't come back.

BG1960

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    But it's stupid because Ebola is only spread by body fluids. Don't touch people's body fluids and you'll be cool.

Yah, a fast food worker couldn't possibly sneeze or cough on an order...
    Grab a door handle or shopping cart at a store and rub your eye...

Sure the chances are remote, but Google up Ebola and check out what that remote chance looks like.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas

I I just want to make another point- wtf Africa? Aids and now this? If you decide to go to west Africa I think they should warn you that you can't come back.

Ha ha. So how are people getting it genius? How did this guy in Dallas get it? Do you think even in Africa folks are just going around and intentionally touching bodily fluids? Stupid.

It spreads through droplets that become airborne. Or from surfaces. What planet are you on?

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Listening to Michael Savage. He's right, Rick Perry has lost any sort of credibility that he might have had. Should not be the next president. Withdrawing any support I had for him. He is following the "everything will be fine" "it's not that contagious" script that the CDC and Obama have been following. This is some pretty nasty stuff that is really contagious, and it is here.

Wait a minute, I thought it was George Bush's fault, now you're telling me it's Rick Perry's fault? Man, I can't keep up to you "conservative-haters".

To put the record straight, it was Obama that recently said it is unlikely that the Ebola virus will make it here.
    Obama, Two Weeks Ago: 'Chances of an Ebola Outbreak Here ... Extremely Low' | The Weekly Standard

Funny how quick some people are to slag Conservatives.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol.

"We need to control this"

"Cool, I'll go freak people out and make sure these possibly infected people flee all over the state"

Riggghhhht.

At any rate, the conditions here aren't nearly as probe to spread disease as some 3rd world country with no medical infrastructure, little running water, terrible hygiene, and many who actually fear going to the doctor.

For the lethality of the disease and the circumstances in that area, it's not been as devastating as people are acting. Yup, terrible shit going on, but not the doomsday disease.

I'm more concerned with the fact that my PS3 just took a crap and I can't watch movies.

OH SHIT, maybe it go Ebola!!!!!!!!

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Ha ha. So how are people getting it genius? How did this guy in Dallas get it? Do you think even in Africa folks are just going around and intentionally touching bodily fluids? Stupid.

It spreads through droplets that become airborne. Or from surfaces. What planet are you on?

Not the same as airborne.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    Wait a minute, I thought it was George Bush's fault, now you're telling me it's Rick Perry's fault? Man, I can't keep up to you "conservative-haters".

To put the record straight, it was Obama that recently said it is unlikely that the Ebola virus will make it here.
    Obama, Two Weeks Ago: 'Chances of an Ebola Outbreak Here ... Extremely Low' | The Weekly Standard

Funny how quick some people are to slag Conservatives.

Okay Hannity, I never said it was Perry's fault. Are you serious? I'm not a conservative?

It's Obama and the CDC's fault. Rick Perry is just showing himself to be a spineless puppet, reading the script they want him to read.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I did research and wrote a couple of papers several years on weaponizing VHF's, viral hemorrhagic fevers including Ebola, for a Masters degree.

Don't buy into the media hype. It is very difficult to contract Ebola without direct contact of infected body fluids. It is not airborne transmissible.

Wash your hands, stay away from sick people in suspect groups (and they do look sick), carry on and stay calm.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Unless old boy is coughing blood at you, it's probably not too risky.

It has been found in semen for up to 70 or so days after recovery, so what out for that.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    This is some pretty nasty stuff that is really contagious, and it is here.
    True, but it can be stopped with Purell. How many of the exposed people have tested positive for it?

Do you think even in Africa folks are just going around and intentionally touching bodily fluids? Stupid.
    Surprisingly, yes... The communities it is spreading through over there don't have any concept of what we'd consider sanitation and some even parade their corpses around.

JohnnyLoco

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Texas
    I did research and wrote a couple of papers several years on weaponizing VHF's, viral hemorrhagic fevers including Ebola, for a Masters degree.

Don't buy into the media hype. It is very difficult to contract Ebola without direct contact of infected body fluids. It is not airborne transmissible.

Wash your hands, stay away from sick people in suspect groups (and they do look sick), carry on and stay calm.

Did you research this particular strain of Ebola?

I'm no expert, and I am not saying it is airborne. Neither am I panicking. All I know is this guy caught it somehow. It does spread. Potentially one of his family members has it.

How are these people getting it if it is so hard to contract? Just answer that question for me. The scenario y'all are describing of just going around and touching people's fluids or putting your face right up against someone while they cough or sneeze blood just doesn't sound realistic, even for Africans.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1qwerty
    Top Bottom