• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    You kind of touch on one element of how the EOTech vs Aimpoint threads will always go on the other forums.

The problems associated with EOTech will always be something like maybe battery terminals coming out along with the battery. For Aimpoint, the issue is usually simply the cost.

Primary Arms can probably get the Chinese to make you something superior to the EOTech. I think maybe they already have.

Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    ok so you have to put in a description of the failure and what if you have not had a failure with your particular sight?
    I thought after reading early on that you could send it back for a refund

I don't have one, but from what I've read they won't hold nor maintain a zero. It may not matter to someone who isn't going to use it in a combat situation, but if it was sold under the pretense that it would perform to a certain standard in any condition but especially in extreme heat, and there's a chance it won't, then that alone is a good enough reason to return it. If you want to trust an expensive scope that has been proven to fail, and the company acknowledged that fact, I don't see why you wouldn't want your money back! From what I've seen, they're refunding people with no questions asked...

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I've read where people have had them for several years, and are still getting a refund. Check with EOTECH's customer service...

I'll have to think about it. I haven't been harmed that I know of, so taking advantage feels cheap. If my unit is defective or covered, that's a different story.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I bought mine for my SHTF gun
    It bothers me knowing it could fail when I need it the most

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'll have to think about it. I haven't been harmed that I know of, so taking advantage feels cheap. If my unit is defective or covered, that's a different story.

I compare it to a design safety recall on a car, there's no real decision about it even if it means every model may not be effected. I don't have a dog in this fight, as I don't own one; but it isn't like EOTECH wasn't aware of the issue. The fact that they knew about the problem and still sold them anyway would be enough to convince me to get my money back, especially considering what the item could be used for!

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Does anyone know what kind of temperature shifts could cause problems, or have any detailed info on the actual problem?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    So if Iam reading the suit correctly, my 2006 unit is eligible for return? It is a mint unit with the single red dot and not the stupid circle that looks like the sun. lol I darn sure don't want a failure on my go to battle rifle if the time ever came.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I got mine on my son's recommendation from his time in the sandbox. I'll keep it based on that recommendation as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I had one for a few years and it was pretty sweet. It held perfect zero and was very nice to shoot with. I wouldn't hesitate to use one again. If I can get a good deal on one, I'll gladly buy one.

Top Bottom