• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Did they not mandate a real heavy trigger in NYC on their Glocks?

Also no one is considering that if it had a manual safety, those cops might have already dropped it by the time it got to that instant where their currently configured sidearms were discharged.

Glock does have its issues, but so do a lot of pistols if you nitpick long enough you will find them.
    Capitol Armory ad

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Didn't read the whole OP.
    Didn't read the comments.

But, I wonder. Can we find records of people like this from the mid to late 1800s?

Samuel Colt
    John Moses Browning
    Winchester and Remington

Gotta be some public record of the commie sumbitch that started blaming tools instead of users.
    Damn!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    There should be.

Unless they burried them in an underground government facility to keep the truth hidden. Can't let facts get in the way of progress now can we?
    Actually, the CDC website has a lot of info on causes of death. They are restricted on gun tesearch but not cause of death and I believe homocide or other causes. It can be a major pain to sift through though. DOJ has some too, but takes searching to find what you want. I didn't save it, but much of what I found on there at one time was because of footnotes and references by other reports.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    ...Can we find records of people like this from the mid to late 1800s?
    Gotta be some public record of the commie sumbitch that started blaming tools instead of users.
    There was more than a little yellow press that depicted bolt action rifles as "killing machines suitable only for the military" back in the 1890s and very early 1900s. Civilians only needed single shots and, maybe, lever actions. I remember reading some of those articles and thinking "If they'd just update the names of the firearms, this prose would be published today."

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    What was the reason for the switch to safety-less handguns in the first place?
    My recollection is that there was a desire for more firepower with no more complication than the service revolvers being replaced. I'm sure someone who was wearing a badge in the 1970s and 1980s will come along with a more nuanced explanation.

I do distinctly remember Jeff Cooper writing about the DA-only Detonics and saying that the concept was a worthy one. There was a broad-based search, back in the day, for a sidearm that held more ammo but was as simple to shoot as a revolver.

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Those 20% of LEOs that don't automatically flag their trigger finger when under stress need to be fired.....simple as that. You are a liability to the force until you can prove that you can handle the basics under stress.

str8shot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2015
    Those 20% of LEOs that don't automatically flag their trigger finger when under stress need to be fired.....simple as that. You are a liability to the force until you can prove that you can handle the basics under stress.

Agreed. If you can't qualify regularly and show safe gun handling then you should not be able to patrol and carry.
    Finger off the trigger until ready to shoot which means having acquired a sight picture.
    1911 is best carried cocked and locked IMHO. If in a room clearing mode finger is off trigger and safety is off.(I should either have my M4 or shotgun for this BTW for best results)
    If you have not had a ND then you are not shooting enough. I had mine at 12 yr/old with a ruger mark I. Learned real fast to keep finger off the trigger.
    I would not have any problem stacking up in front of you with a 1911 as long as you have muzzle awareness. But you should have a better weapon if we are stacking and breaching.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    If I have mine in my hand, it's because I need it. Safety is off. Finger is only on the trigger when it comes up. It has a light trigger and I know it. So I try to make sure I never touch ot intill I am ready to shoot. It's not one I would prefer to carry for that very reason. 3 times I have double tapped a target without intending too, so I I use a diffrent one for home defense. I would prefer to have an XDs for EDC. Longer trigger travel, less chance of a ND.
    Either way, the only way to insure a ND does not happen is,
    A: trigger decipline and follow the rules. Or,
    B: never touch a firearm.

Naw, the second one is out of the question for me.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    How long is a Glock's pull anyway, a half-inch or so (serious question there, I have no idea)? Single-action pull with a revolver is measured in millimeters if not fractions of millimeters, and yet it's still hard/impossible to ND unless you violate at least two rules of gun safety.

Mreed has it right - keep your finger off the trigger and you'll be fine.

ETA: Comments, as usual, are more entertaining than the article.

The factory Glock is a bitch to pull even under stress. Glock even went out of there way to provide an optional Gorilla 8lb NEW YORK trigger for them to install and use. More Libtards trying to blame and inanimate object to then fleece money from the manufacture.

Even when they fire their guns they can't hit shit. Where is the article about some dudes that they unleashed a hail of gun fire on and only TWO bullets hit there mark out of 187 or whatever.

Seems the NYPD needs more training lol

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Where is the article about some dudes that they unleashed a hail of gun fire on and only TWO bullets hit there mark out of 187 or whatever.

Seems the NYPD needs more training lol
    Maybe they don't. Their DA covers their ass. Remember when they started charging the perps with all gunshot wounds to bystanders? There was a huge public outcry the first time they did it so I don't know if it's policy now, but they actually charged the guy they were chasing with a crime for every bullet they fired that struck an innocent bystander. That's a new level of insanity, imo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/n...rs-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html?_r=0

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've never had a ND and I'm a fanatic about safety techniques! Even so, when a bunch of us were shooting clay birds, I left a live round in my new Remington 1100 shotgun. It wasn't chambered, the bolt was locked back, but it was darn sure loaded. It was a brand new 1100, unfired and unfamiliar and the group I was with were mostly new to me.

I was nervous, had equipment that was unfamiliar and it bit me in the butt! A friend checked my shotgun and advised me that I screwed up. I will be forever grateful for his warning!

We ALL have a part in safety and my friend James, prevented a possible tragedy. Lesson learned? If you see something wrong,.....SPEAK UP!

The point to my post is that "safeties", magazine disconnects, loaded chamber indicators are simply mechanical crutches. None of those things are necessary if proper gun handling techniques are used. I screwed up with my shotgun and no safety feature is going to protect against that. I was responsible and the Buck stops with me.

Flash

Last edited:

rushthezeppelin

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Cedar Park
    Maybe they don't. Their DA covers their ass. Remember when they started charging the perps with all gunshot wounds to bystanders? There was a huge public outcry the first time they did it so I don't know if it's policy now, but they actually charged the guy they were chasing with a crime for every bullet they fired that struck an innocent bystander. That's a new level of insanity, imo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/05/n...rs-shot-by-police-near-times-square.html?_r=0

Words cannot describe the idiocy.

Se7en62

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2015
    That Holler Up Yonder, Texas
    "...does exactly what they are supposed to do all of the time with cyborg certainty, there will be no problems with the Glock or other popular pistols..."

Right. Training is to blame…not the gun. These liberals will NEVER learn that responsibility rests entirely on the shoulders of the shooter/handler.

We don't blame cars for DWI fatalities…why would we blame guns for shooting fatalities? They both have a specific purpose, so when used outside of that purpose or without proper training, operators of each have the ability to kill. The difference? One behaves more like a grenade when there is user error.

TexbyChoice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    Is there any factual evidence of the Bloggers political affiliation or leaning? Unfortunate that he focused on the gun used instead of the more important factor noted. All his examples cited stressful situations with adrenalin pumping. Regardless of training, officers are human and subject to all human traits and instincts. Thrown into dangerous and life threatening situations, they are supposed to maintain perfect trigger control? We hope so, but there is no guarantee. Any of you claiming to never having a ND actually had a gun pointed at you, been shot at or walked through a door not knowing what is on the other side? Because you have perfect trigger control at the range, a cop is expected without fail to duplicate your perfection with his life at stake?

Absolutely, we should expect cops to be better trained and perform better than the average Joe. The point that should be taken from the article is that under STRESS even well trained humans can make mistakes. Any gun is a mechanical object that does only what the operator commands - intentional or accidental.

peeps

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2014
    We don't blame cars for DWI fatalities…why would we blame guns for shooting fatalities? They both have a specific purpose, so when used outside of that purpose or without proper training, operators of each have the ability to kill. The difference? One behaves more like a grenade when there is user error.[/COLOR]

Heh..wait until Google and others perfect the self-driving car and want to start making money. Then you'll see all sorts of shit come out blaming the old manual driving relics we drive now...

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    Just a week ago a Garland PD officer using a Glock 21 in .45ACP took out two armed and shooting terrorists. Betting everyone inside the exhibit hall was extremely happy he had a Glock.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Heh..wait until Google and others perfect the self-driving car and want to start making money. Then you'll see all sorts of shit come out blaming the old manual driving relics we drive now...

I just read an article about those driverless cars and the accidents they've been involved in. Apparently none have been their fault and half of them happened while a human was in control of the car (getting sideswiped while waiting at a light to turn, etc.). So far, they're proving to be relatively safe, but it's a very, very small control group and points out that driverless may well require separate infrastructure to keep them safe from everyone else that's still manually driving.

Just a week ago a Garland PD officer using a Glock 21 in .45ACP took out two armed and shooting terrorists. Betting everyone inside the exhibit hall was extremely happy he had a Glock.

This.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    587m7.jpg

Attachments

• 587m7.jpg
      587m7.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 163

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    OT Warning

... driverless may well require separate infrastructure to keep them safe from everyone else that's still manually driving.
    Pretty much every "personal rapid transit" system proposed (and the few that are in use) have all reached the same conclusion that driverless cars on regular, crowded-with-dumbasses roads are simply too hard to develop and that the best approach is to separate the traffic streams.

Take a look at the web sites of all the vendors here: Personal rapid transit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They all want to get up in the air and away from normal traffic.

Top Bottom