• ...and so much more!
  • jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Would someone please explain to me how being in front of a 1911 with the safety off, is any more dangerous than a Glock, S&W, Ruger or any other gun? I'm sorry, I am a little slow. If there is not a finger on the trigger, how is it more dangerous? If you are in front of it, you most likely did something way wrong and it needs to be off.
    I have 2 of them. And niether of them have ever gone off without a finger to assist them.
    I realize I am human, I make mistakes, but I try to never touch the trigger unless I intend for it to go off. Regardless of the model of firearm, if it is pointed at you, it's because I intend to shoot. Uless you do something in the meantime to cause me not to.
    I don't care who you are, or what gun you have, your brain and your finger are the main safties.

Edit: that is said with great respect for TXI, I do not question his intelligence, but sometomes his logic.

Last edited:

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    If you're too stupid or untrained to keep your booger picker off the bang switch till you're ready to fire you need more training not different hardware. Don't care if it's a Glock, 1911 or any other whizz bang high dollar firearm. Without proper training and repetition you'll screw it up. End of story. Either forget to take he safety off and get shot or cost your friends their lives cause you can't engage a threat or you'll shoot a shadow cause it frightens you and you have your finger on the trigger.

It's NOT a hard concept to comprehend. We are all patting people on their backs for making their players spend countless hours mastering a useless task like a free throw, but aren't willing to devote the same time to a life saving skill. Go figure.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Million dollar idea: make plastic training guns with 100k volt stun device on the trigger. Have all trainees carry them everywhere in their hands for a week like they made us do with those dummy M-16s in basic training. That should fix poor finger placement habits fairly quickly.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    Maybe shooting leagues where police and non-police can compete next to each other. It is a wonderful way to have fun, learn something and get to know good people.
    IPDA and the such is great, however, I think we need to pull in more "average citizens" that shoot for the fun involved and to be prepared for self defense.

Tcruse

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Corinth
    "being in front of a 1811 with the safety off is more dangerous" - In real terms the difference is so small as to not exist. However, in the fringe case if you 1911 is a series 70 (thus no firing pin block) you could argue that if the gun was dropped (just exactly right, from probably an unreasonable height) the gun could fire. There are a few cases where series 70 guns have fired when dropped but not very many.

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    Maybe shooting leagues where police and non-police can compete next to each other. It is a wonderful way to have fun, learn something and get to know good people.
    IPDA and the such is great, however, I think we need to pull in more "average citizens" that shoot for the fun involved and to be prepared for self defense.

Sounds like a great idea. I'll vote for that. I would like to get to know my local LEOs at times other than when getting a speeding ticket.

Top Bottom