• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    right, a cult meeting to deal with the outsider, of course...
    As I said a decade ago, to some long forgotten members.

"It's not about you. Get over it."

I say that to myself daily. If I'm on line.

Off line, I'm with family and friends. I try to make it about them.
    Here, it's just a local tavern where everyone has a chance to shine or eat crow.

If you're here, you're not an outsider, you're just not as comfortable as some of us are.
    Hang around. Find your feet. Learn the crowd.
    Venture Surplus ad

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    When one takes inflation into account, rarely does an investment make money. In 1980 my salary was $30,000. Today I would need to make $90,000 $900,000 to squeak by as I did in the ‘ 80s

So I do not look at making money from things I enjoy. I just enjoy them
    Pick up trucks were $5,000 in 1980. They are $125,000, today...

FIFY!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    right, a cult meeting to deal with the outsider, of course...

9972907.gif

First and foremost, thanks for derailing my thread on gun values!

Secondly, you're not in California anymore, so you're gonna have to toughen up! We're not so concerned about people's "feelings" in Texas as they are on the Left Coast. As the old saying goes, Texas is hell on women and horses; so whining about how you are being treated will cause people to think you fall into one of those two categories.

Thirdly, you brought a lot of this on yourself. Your admission to asking vendors at gun shows how many guns they've sold throws up huge red flags! You also joined with the expressed intent to sell firearms, which appears to mean you didn't even bother reading (or complying) with the rules of the forum. Then you defend yourself, followed by a statement about taking firearms back to California to sell.

You seem to either are oblivious to the fact these are not the smartest comments to make as a new member of a gun forum, or you're doing it deliberately to draw attention to yourself. Either way, that will rub people the wrong way and now your whining about being mistreated is only causing them to confirm they were right!

200w.gif

I don't think the damage is irreparable, but you need to make a concentrated effort to learn the culture of this forum and those on it. We don't all get along, but we know each other. You are a complete unknown, and you're not doing yourself any favors with posting comments like the one above.

If you truly wish to stay a member on here, take some friendly advice and truly think about what you are posting before you do so.

Or, you can throw caution to the wind and let the chips fall where they may.

At this point, it doesn't matter to anyone except yourself; and if you can't adjust to the way we are (and stop expecting people to adjust to you like most millennials do), then I'll just so 'so long!' now as I doubt you'll be on here much longer!

200w.gif

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    What do you think the "economic impact" (for themselves) would be to a small group of Globalists who controlled the world without recourse? Tyranny is very profitable, for a select few.

Priceless.

HtownARAK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2022
    Houston
    I think it would depend on the firearms themselves more than general firearms appreciating in value. My biggest jump was a SLR-104 AK-74 sold with N75 ammo for 3X what I paid. My ARs aren't going up in value though, because supply is plentiful for people. I think if you find niche firearms those would be going up more.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Hey, major madman can Iask why it will be changing come May 20th. I have been out the loop on guns for many years now.

TXAZ

:)
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    South of the Red, North of the Gulf
    I know for a fact everyone of you has lost your shirt on every gun transaction you’ve ever made, even though you lost you original bill of sale, you know in your heart and on the witness stand, you’re ashamed to admit you lost money.
    Face it, only the licensed dealers actually make money.
    Agree or disagree ?

(just in case the ATF is monitoring) :shades:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I know for a fact everyone of you has lost your shirt on every gun transaction you’ve ever made, even though you lost you original bill of sale, you know in your heart and on the witness stand, you’re ashamed to admit you lost money.
    Face it, only the licensed dealers actually make money.
    Agree or disagree ?

(just in case the ATF is monitoring) :shades:

You can bet they watch us here............

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    I'm a Kali occupant and yes the place is a screwed up mess, but I live in ag dirt, it's a whole different animal than the metro enclaves. Back to the thread. I've bought from all over the country for many years, mostly SKS iron (because I'm a SKS whore), and I've scored hard over the decades. Since 2018-19, I started to move a lot of Chinese dupes (an Alby & Romy too) at the height of the plague panic. Since I'd had my rifles for decades, I made bank or traded up. 2 ratty SKSs & 2 Big 5 Mosins for an SVT, 3 SKSs (M59/66, Commercial SKS, & home-grown Paratrooper) for a LUX FN49 (the LGS was asking $2400), 2 Chinamen SKSs for a Winchester Garand + 300 rounds in bandoleers with clips. But I've been patient and lucky. Before binging on SKS rifles for 10-12 years I picked up every .22 that crossed my path (and a few Mossberg 500s). Those little guys turned some profit but if inflation is factored, prolly a push. I buy what I want/likr, I'm a C&R milsurp kinda guy. What I really want is a Ferret. PAX

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom