• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Adionik

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    san antonio
    Knid of a harsh reality, aint it. Either be in the papers as an innocent man shot and killed by the police, or be the innocent man who defended himself againt some idiot that was shooting at him.
    Policeman or not, aint nobody got an excuse for shooting at you unless they catch you commiting a life threatening act!!!

I'd like to believe that.

Some officers these days are just waaaaaaaay to trigger happy these days.

I would flee the country. Not sure where to go though...somewhere that doesn't expedite?
    Hurley's Gold

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I dont go anywhere. I dont hide and I wont be a subject of injustice.
    Believe it or not, i've had my fare share of issues that were a result of stupidity among LE.
    Everytime, they want you to settle for a fine or deferred adjudication when you know damn good and well you done nothing wrong!
    I dont settle. They can either drop the BS charges or we let 12 people decide and most likely, those 12 people will have the same opinion as I do.

jg3530

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2010
    Waxahachie, TX
    Well, I guess the point of view of LE might be in order. I agree with just about everything I have read. Some cops are jackasses and don't really have the right attitude. Cops are people too, you got good ones and bad ones. The age of cameras in the cars is awesome. It protects or convicts the officer depending on the situation. We are required by policy to activate our cameras for every encounter. Granted if you activate the lights/ siren/ hit the horn the cam comes on but a normal call out you have to do it yourself. But I digress....

I honestly can't see this happening but you just never know... If I wasn't LE and in the situation then I would go to the ground and prone out showing empty hands. Then he has no reason to keep shooting at you.

Now if he is actually trying to kill you (the bad cop theory) then take my chances I guess.

And yeah it's Capitol Murder to kill a cop in TX.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    I dont remember any issues in Texas where cops were accused of wrongfully killing anyone other than here in Midland. I cant remember if the cops kill the guy, but they did shoot his ass. He was a POS and the cops went to pick him up and ended up shooting the guy. As I stated, he was already a POS, so im sure the cops took extra caution.
    This issue resulted in Lulak and La Raza B.S. trashing up the community.
    Who know's the perfect answer when dealing with bad Cops? All I know is the issue should be addressed and subjected to Legislature!
    We all know that LE has dirtbags in it just like any other business. I know this for a fact!
    Police work cant be easy, not when your dealing with criminals. With to same thought, why does police work have to be difficult when dealing with the average Joe Texan?
    Are Cops suppose to make criminals out of someone who made a simple mistake?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I'd like to believe that.

Some officers these days are just waaaaaaaay to trigger happy these days.

I would flee the country. Not sure where to go though...somewhere that doesn't expedite?

I haven't experienced any trigger happy cops myself so I couldnt comment on that aspect.

Mexico wont extradite you unless the U.S. waives the death penalty first.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    hmmmmmm...

yeah im pretty sure i'd poop on myself and then pass out.

infact they might think i was dead. then all i have to do is keep my eyes closed till i get to the morgue, pretend to be a zombie or something, freak out the night guy and after he leaves screaming, make my escape ;)

either way. ill be stinky and prone in a matter of seconds.

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    Far too many cases of video footage from security cams and cruiser cams conveniently being off, unusable or plain go missing if a cop can be culpible.

A most recent example.
    United States Military Academy Class of 1994

Between the full on SWAT raids into innocent homes because of a secret informant's tip off and the "I thought I was shooting my taser" excuses, the scenario of being shot at by LEOs are not far off.

Even if you justly shoot a LEO in legal self defense, you'll likely be shot by the overzealous reaction by the responding officers. Read up on Ruby Ridge.

Eta: LEOs don't need proof or evidence to use deadly force on you. In fact, the evidence of their being in the wrong doesn't matter so long as they subjectively feel they're in imminent danger.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/sep/28/jury-shooting-justified/

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    If I am being shot at by the police, for no apparent reason or connection, I am shooting back. They've already broken the law by not identifying what they are shooting at, and at the point they are shooting, I'm not going to stand there and get shot because of some guy's ****-up. You are justified by Texas law to return fire, and I will gladly take my chances in court over being used as human target practice.

If I have an immediate avenue of escape or cover, I will take that route and not return fire.

Now if you are some criminal scumbag, you deserve to be shot by the cops.

I know this won't mesh well with many frames of thought these days, but it really is that vanilla to me.

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If I am being shot at by the police, for no apparent reason or connection, I am shooting back. They've already broken the law by not identifying what they are shooting at, and at the point they are shooting, I'm not going to stand there and get shot because of some guy's ****-up. You are justified by Texas law to return fire, and I will gladly take my chances in court over being used as human target practice.

If I have an immediate avenue of escape or cover, I will take that route and not return fire.

Now if you are some criminal scumbag, you deserve to be shot by the cops.

I know this won't mesh well with many frames of thought these days, but it really is that vanilla to me.

awesome.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I think the one recurring theme that should be apparent here is how we conduct ourselves in public goes a long way towards determining how others interact with us. Avoidance is probably the most important principle when it comes to carrying a gun. If we conduct ourselves in a friendly, cordial, and non-imposing manner, people will treat us differently. Unfortunately there are those of us with egos that feel they have to "flex their nuts" to everyone to prove how righteous they are. That is called looking for a fight, and if you do that, the fight is likely to find you and you will probably reap the whirlwind. There is a time and place to stand up for your rights, but don't be an A-hole and try to be a lawyer on the side of the street, it is not the time or place for it.

Regardless of the context in which it may occur, the state observed legal definition of serious bodily harm or death still stands. Conduct one's self with composure and in a friendly manner, and hopefully none of these situations will ever occur. Don't go looking for a fight. If one finds you for whatever reason, do what you have to in order to survive.

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Ok ive got one for ya.

You (law abiding citizen) are sitting on your couch watching fox news with your dog, and eating some subway when you hear the your door get kicked in and see a dude in black paramilitary attire with an AR scouting through your house. You are scared shitless so you spray his ass all over the wall with a 12GA. Then you find out he's swat team. Are you fucked?

Wolfwood

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Ok ive got one for ya.

You (law abiding citizen) are sitting on your couch watching fox news with your dog, and eating some subway when you hear the your door get kicked in and see a dude in black paramilitary attire with an AR scouting through your house. You are scared shitless so you spray his ass all over the wall with a 12GA. Then you find out he's swat team. Are you fucked?

yes.

most likely the way you'll find out is when you are all of a sudden perforated from the guys roping in through the windows, coming up from the toilet, and jumping out from under your couch.

your dog may live, but dont count on it.

you know, just like rainbow-six.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    The rest of his team will be right behind him. When they see a hole in their buddy they will place numerous holes in you. Therefore, yes, you are fucked.

Agreed.....but are you in the wrong if they are at the wrong house, & come busting through for no reason?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Agreed.....but are you in the wrong if they are at the wrong house, & come busting through for no reason?
    It doesn't matter...you are already dead.

But...if it is me vs. a whole swat team who has the drop on me and guns trained on me, hmmmm I think I will go ahead and put my hands up, it doesn't mater who is right of wrong at that point in time.

remember this: Shooting at cops gets you nothing but dead.

Top Bottom