• ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It doesn't matter...you are already dead.

But...if it is me vs. a whole swat team who has the drop on me and guns trained on me, hmmmm I think I will go ahead and put my hands up, it doesn't mater who is right of wrong at that point in time.

remember this: Shooting at cops gets you nothing but dead.

Actually, the original question I was responding (with question) to was "a dude"......not knowing more are behind him.
    ARJ Defense ad

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    TXcop, as far as I would be concerned, he could have been a convicted felon. Would not have had any idea he was a cop. Especially since there is no reason for a SWAT team breaking down my door. Anyone can buy a SWAT or Police patch for their tactical vest.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Police Impersonator Arrested In Boca - cbs4.com

Police say 60-year-old Andrew Novotak of Delray Beach pulled several motorists over in Boca Raton and asked if they had alcohol or drugs in the car.

He was convincing enough driving a white Ford Crown Victoria with dark tinted windows similar to what law enforcement officers drive nationwide,

Novotak also was authentic looking because he was wearing a police-type badge around his neck and was carrying a loaded Glock 9 mm handgun in a holster.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Man Posing As Undercover Police Officer Arrested In Mt. Pleasant - kdka.com

Oct 20, 2010 11:55 pm US/Eastern
    Alleged Police Impersonator Arrested

MT. PLEASANT (KDKA) ―
    mtpleasantimpersonator.jpg
    Click to enlarge 1 of 1
    David Ritenour, 24, is in jail after he tried to arrest someone at a bar in Mt. Pleasant, posing as an undercover police officer. KDKA

Close
    ico016x014close_modal.gif

numSlides of totalImages

A man is in jail after he allegedly tried to arrest somebody at a bar in Mt. Pleasant.

David Ritenour, 24, was all smiles on his way to jail. He's accused of impersonating a police officer from two different departments and a deputy sheriff.

"As a South Connellsville undercover police officer, as well as an undercover Scottdale police officer," Mount Pleasant Police Officer Justin James said. "Mr. Ritenour had identified himself as a deputy Westmoreland County Sheriff as well."

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    You can pull up those stories all day long.
    All I am saying is that if you shoot at the cops, that is the overwhelming majority of cases, you will be dead shortly after that. Especially if shooting at an entry team breaking down a door. I am not judging who is right or wrong, either way you will be dead.
    So if you are so concerned with being right that being dead doesn't matter...please proceed

KAK

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Waco
    Ok Texascop. You are OBVIOUSLY BIASED because you are a cop. Put yourself on the couch eating subway. An UNKNOWN intruder has broken down the door. You would be stupid not to shoot him.

If the guy does not belong in your house, you shoot him, PERIOD. If that cop busted in my house wrongfully then he is just as dangerous to my life as a criminal.

I should not have to screen all of the armed intruders to my home. They nock or die.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    OK, just to clarify, don't the police have to announce themselves even during any forced entry? Even if it is just before they break the door down, I don't believe they have a right to enter a person's dwelling without alerting them to their presence.

And while I do believe the skill and training level of police officers are higher than the average citizen, there are many who have had military or other training and wouldn’t be as quickly killed as someone who did not have this experience.

As such, making the blanket claim that “you will be dead” is simply incorrect. As a matter of fact, I have seen some pretty poor shooting by police officers in high stress situations; so there is no guarantee that they’ll come out on the “winning side” in such a battle…

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I was shot at by a Motorcycle LEO decades ago. Crime : 4 teenages in a Lincoln, splitting a six pack of beer, parked. Police car rolls up, driver of Lincoln decides to take off and outrun them. The Lincoln easily does but the Harley-Davidsom and old trigger happy riding it keep right behind. Takes his right hand off the throttle at 95 mph and puts three jacketed ,38 rounds into the trunk lid. Myself and the other backseat occupant wrestle for the lowest position in the floor.
    we make a gentle curve, trigger happy cannot and continues down a straight road and we are rid of him, Mr. smart alec driver is apprehended the following day and he or his parents pay hundreds in fines, we others decided riding with him is hazardous to our health from thence. A few years later we read in out local paper that Mr. trigger happy, on vacation with his family on some turnpike way up in Pennsylvanis ia shot at by some wacko sniper, nobody injured. I had a silent chuckle, what goes around sometimes comes around. Moral, don't run from the Leo or ride with anyone that does.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    Ok Texascop. You are OBVIOUSLY BIASED because you are a cop. Put yourself on the couch eating subway. An UNKNOWN intruder has broken down the door. You would be stupid not to shoot him.

If the guy does not belong in your house, you shoot him, PERIOD. If that cop busted in my house wrongfully than he is just as dangerous to my life as a criminal.

I should not have to screen all of the armed intruders to my home. They nock or die.
    Why am I biased? If you read my post I stated that I am not judging who would be right or wrong, simply stating if you shoot at them you will most likely be dead.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    OK, just to clarify, don't the police have to announce themselves even during any forced entry? Even if it is just before they break the door down, I don't believe they have a right to enter a person's dwelling without alerting them to their presence.

And while I do believe the skill and training level of police officers are higher than the average citizen, there are many who have had military or other training and wouldn’t be as quickly killed as someone who did not have this experience.

As such, making the blanket claim that “you will be dead” is simply incorrect. As a matter of fact, I have seen some pretty poor shooting by police officers in high stress situations; so there is no guarantee that they’ll come out on the “winning side” in such a battle…
    1.) They dont have to announce their presence. It is called a "no-knock" warrant and can be issued if the judge believes announcing their presence will result in the destruction of evidence.
    2.) No there is no guarantee, but as described by another member, "if you are sitting on you couch eating subway" and a warrant entry team kicks down your door with AR-15 in hand....I will place my money on them 100 out of 100 times. They arent the typical patrolman. These teams are usually the most highly trained with firearms and they have the element of surprise...oh and they have an AR already pointing at your head before you even realize what is going on. Enjoy your $5 footlong......

Sid

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2010
    Austin
    1.) They dont have to announce their presence. It is called a "no-knock" warrant and can be issued if the judge believes announcing their presence will result in the destruction of evidence.
    2.) No there is no guarantee, but as described by another member, "if you are sitting on you couch eating subway" and a warrant entry team kicks down your door with AR-15 in hand....I will place my money on them 100 out of 100 times. They arent the typical patrolman. These teams are usually the most highly trained with firearms and they have the element of surprise...oh and they have an AR already pointing at your head before you even realize what is going on. Enjoy your $5 footlong......

And say goodbye to your dog.

Google

Top Bottom