• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    Just watched the debates; most of it was out of control with talking heads trying to talk over other talking heads. Vivek seemed to be the main contender with Pence and the Pillsbury Dough Boy and they screamed at each other a lot and few points made.

One thing that did get my attention is that DeSantis said he would use spec ops to make incursions into Mexico and kill cartel members/leaders and blow up drug factories. He got a good reaction but I doubt if I were running I would tip my hand like that; he is basically saying he would invade Mexico as I doubt he would get any backing from the Mexican prez. Trump did a great job with partnering with Mexico and forcing them to close their southern border and send their troops up to our border and ensure illegal crossings were kept to a low level.

Tim Scott seems like he is running for VP and Nikki, Asa and the N. Dak. gov. were pretty much non events.

SARGE67

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2021
    Texas
    Wife and I tried to stomach a few minutes of the debate, but went into it with the attitiude if Donald isn't there, it's a nothing burger. He was absolutely correct in skipping this farce. He is so far above these folks, not necessarily as a person but for sure as presendential material. The proof is in the pudding - what all the Dems are doing to him with prosecutions is asinine and come from their fears. Go to bed and wake up in a country that arrests its political opponents. Ever happened before ?

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Just watched the debates; most of it was out of control with talking heads trying to talk over other talking heads. Vivek seemed to be the main contender with Pence and the Pillsbury Dough Boy and they screamed at each other a lot and few points made.

One thing that did get my attention is that DeSantis said he would use spec ops to make incursions into Mexico and kill cartel members/leaders and blow up drug factories. He got a good reaction but I doubt if I were running I would tip my hand like that; he is basically saying he would invade Mexico as I doubt he would get any backing from the Mexican prez. Trump did a great job with partnering with Mexico and forcing them to close their southern border and send their troops up to our border and ensure illegal crossings were kept to a low level.

Tim Scott seems like he is running for VP and Nikki, Asa and the N. Dak. gov. were pretty much non events.
    Yeah, we saw the same, I think. Here is my scorecard:
    * Didn't win - Christie, Hailey
    * Scored a few points - Ramaswamy
    * Held ground; didn't implode - deSantis
    * Virtual no-shows: Hutchison, Burgum
    * Was he there??? - Tim Scott (mostly about the pathetic moderators)
    * Wanted to be class bully - Pence
    Did I miss anyone? The high points were every time Christie got roundly booed.

Oh, Loser of the evening: FOX

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    We watched it. As expected Humpty Christie could only throw darts at Trump. Pence stressed his allegiance to the Constitution, Ramaswami succeeded in making enemies of all the other candidates by stating that he was the only one running who wasn't bought and paid for. They all seemed to have a problem answering questions and frequently questioned the question. Typical politicos. Ramaswami had too much coffee.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Y’all that watched obviously didn’t follow the rules; your writing is too coherent.

re: winners/losers; debate isn’t about winning/losing, it’s about an exchange of ideas which doesn’t sound like it happened.

re: everybody talking over everybody else; what did y’all expect with all those gas bags in one place? Also, is that what you really want in a candidate?

re: Trump; you don’t win the Presidency with the base, you win it on the margins unless you’re truly something special. Reagan was the last to do that; DJT not only isn’t something special and he alienated too many people. There wasn’t a Reagan moment out there last night or we’d have heard about it right now.

Given the Rs hope to win 24, I caution every candidate to remember hope is not a plan.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    I watched Trump, then switched to the debate for a very long 30 seconds.

One thing T said, that (if true) is mind-boggling.

Paraphrased: What T asked Pence to do on Jan 6th re the electors, Pence had the right/authority to do, so much so that shortly after the swearing in they changed the rules to take away that ability from the VP from that point forward. Which means, T didn't ask P to do anything P didn't have the authority to do... let alone be unconstitutional.

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Paraphrased: What T asked Pence to do on Jan 6th re the electors, Pence had the right/authority to do, so much so that shortly after the swearing in they changed the rules to take away that ability from the VP from that point forward. Which means, T didn't ask P to do anything P didn't have the authority to do... let alone be unconstitutional.
    Now, that, is deserving of an actual fact check. Who is "they "?
    A real fact check...nothing Meta or Google. Or probably Snopes.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Now, that, is deserving of an actual fact check. Who is "they "?
    A real fact check...nothing Meta or Google. Or probably Snopes.
    I don't recall precisely who T said 'they' was, but was left with the impression it was a combined R & D effort. Surely there's a set of rules covering process around somewhere: a 2019 edition and a 2021 edition...to compare.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Top Bottom