Lynx Defense

Judge rules illegal alien has 2A rights.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    They claim asylum because they have been told those are the magic words that will allow you to enter and stay until your case is heard in 2087 and you have to leave.
    A good percentage of them do not even show up and we have to put detainers on them. Problem is most of them reside in sanctuary jurisdictions and will not honor our detainers especially in States like California, New York, Illinois, and MA.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    The entire discussion surrounding asylum is meant to delay any legal process that could result in them being forced to leave the country, period. Nobody believes these people are actual refugees. Not our government, not the people crossing the border, and not the people who are paying for the “caravans” to come here. If things were so bad in their country that they were forced to flee, they wouldn’t be leaving their wives and kids behind.

cbp210

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Humble, TX
    The entire discussion surrounding asylum is meant to delay any legal process that could result in them being forced to leave the country, period. Nobody believes these people are actual refugees. Not our government, not the people crossing the border, and not the people who are paying for the “caravans” to come here. If things were so bad in their country that they were forced to flee, they wouldn’t be leaving their wives and kids behind.
    You brought up another great point. Marriage fraud is another problem in this issue. many of these people marry US citizens but hid their past marriage until they complete their process and wait several years to be removed from conditional to permanent status. then they divorce the petitioner spouse and wait several months to petition for their real spouses and family to come. I caught alot of these types during my 22 years with no regrets.

Paul Saver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2023
    North Texas
    ScreenShot_20240326030718.png

Haystack

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2021
    Edom, TX
    One could argue there is a national security element to be considered here. Millions of people from other countries have poured over the border, many of them young men of fighting age. Organize them, arm them, and let them stand behind the 2A, and you have a problem.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    I think this video short sums up the issue of illegal aliens granted any sort of 2A right.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

Moderate conservatives like me believe in upholding the Second Amendment and protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens to own firearms, but the issue of extending these rights to individuals who have entered the country illegally presents a complex challenge.

It is essential to recognize that the Second Amendment is a fundamental right enshrined in the Constitution, intended to protect the individual’s right to self-defense and ensure the security of a free state. While this right should be safeguarded, it is crucial to consider the implications of extending this protection to individuals who are in the country unlawfully. They are already breaking laws by being here illegally, and it’s the law-abiding citizens who have the rights under the Constitution.

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    It says "the right of the people." Most, maybe all, of the various attempts to bypass the Constitution have included an attempt to exclude a person from "the people". If you allow one exception, you allow another. Excluding them now allows excluding you then.

"They might do something bad" is what the enemy says. Freedom is freedom; not freedom is serfdom at best.

Do not be distracted from the need to protect and defend the Constitution. Many of us here have sworn that oath. Don't let the enemy suggest otherwise.

x12aesq

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2009
    On US 77 kind of north of I-10
    Read more at Bearing Arms blog.

Moderate conservatives like me believe in upholding the Second Amendment and protecting the rights of law-abiding citizens to own firearms, but the issue of extending these rights to individuals who have entered the country illegally presents a complex challenge.

It is essential to recognize that the Second Amendment is a fundamental right enshrined in the Constitution, intended to protect the individual’s right to self-defense and ensure the security of a free state. While this right should be safeguarded, it is crucial to consider the implications of extending this protection to individuals who are in the country unlawfully. They are already breaking laws by being here illegally, and it’s the law-abiding citizens who have the rights under the Constitution.
    No. It's "the people". I think that's why the drafters used that language. If the rights are God-given, as the founders said, and as I believe, then no human fiddling can abridge them.

We can and should make laws about harmful uses; not about possession.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    No. It's "the people". I think that's why the drafters used that language. If the rights are God-given, as the founders said, and as I believe, then no human fiddling can abridge them.

We can and should make laws about harmful uses; not about possession.

Exactly. If the Founding Fathers intended it to only apply to US citizens, it would have read "the right of citizens to keep and bear Arms..."

I guess some don't understand that even illegal aliens have inalienable rights!

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Well, now we see why so many illegals are males of military age are being imported by the Pedo in chief...
    They will probably be handed an AR, along with their free cell phone.
    And a voter registration card already filled out in English which they don't understand! Instructed to just drop it in the box and they will take care of it for you!

Top Bottom