• ...and so much more!
  • glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Today, as now I type this, is my wife's 62nd birthday. Yesterday I went to HEB to see if they had a small cake or cupcake for her birthday. There was nothing available, even if the fat slugs working there could have found something. So I went across the street to Kroger. In the case, looking fresh, were 2 cupcakes with Happy Birthday on them, with a single candle. Nobody was around. So I went to the deli section, which is adjoining, and asked if someone could please help me with something from bakery. The single old crone working there couldn't hear any better than I can, and when she finally understood that I wanted to buy something from bakery, told me that she could only get something that was a special order. This was 4:30 in the afternoon. Does every one leave early? After about 2 minutes of trying to get her to get the cupcake, or find someone who could, I gave up and walked out. Why won't Kroger allow me to buy a cupcake? It's for my precious, invalid, beautiful wife. All I want is one cupcake and they won't let me have it. What the hell is wrong with people?

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Wait until you want to buy spray paint or some other item behind a locked case at a retailer. I tried to buy some spray paint but after pushing the call button multiple times, I found the same paint online at Amazon and at the same price. Placed the order with Amazon while waiting on someone.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My wife and I were talking about this recently. By and large, most people working these types of jobs today are extremely incompetent and we were discussing about how it might just be hourly workers today but tomorrow it will be doctors and pilots.

We stopped at a chipotle last night and got my daughter a cheese quesadilla. When we sat down to eat, the quesadilla wasnt cooked fully so I brought it back up to the counter to ask them to nuke it or throw it back on their tortilla warmer. The guy behind the counter looked extremely confused and said I will be right back. He went and got his manager who had to remake the quesadilla and show him how long he needs to keep it on the warmer for it to cook fully....

This is why I am homeschooling my kids. Im amazed this guy didnt have a sticker on his arm reminding him to breathe

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    I tried to buy a fishing license at the local Walmart, once. After asking 2-3 employees that wandered by to page someone to "Sporting Goods," and hearing someone actually paged twice, I was on my way out the door when someone finally did show up. Amazingly, he even knew how to run the machine that prints licenses.
    Total time elapsed, probably 40 minutes (I was being exceptionally stubborn that day). I resolved to never, ever waste my time there on that errand again. I now walk into Academy, go to the cashiers, tell them what I want, and am done in 2-3 minutes.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Why do you feel you were so entitled to a cupcake? Slander HEB workers by calling them fat slugs and then an older woman because she is troubled in hearing you. This kind of mentality and behavior is no better than an entitled child and what we should not accept as OK, on either side of the isle of socially acceptable behaviors.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Just about every big box store these days have a few idiots working there.
    About the worst I’ve dealt with are the gun counter maroons at Academy. I’m surprised they could breathe.
    It’s just normal these days. I try not to get perturbed about it.
    What does get me riled is the lack of inventory that their websites show as in stock.
    You get over there and nada. Grrrrrr

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Why do you feel you were so entitled to a cupcake? Slander HEB workers by calling them fat slugs and then an older woman because she is troubled in hearing you. This kind of mentality and behavior is no better than an entitled child and what we should not accept as OK, on either side of the isle of socially acceptable behaviors.

I do hope your post is satirical in nature, otherwise you sound like a brainless Democrat leech.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I do hope your post is satirical in nature, otherwise you sound like a brainless Democrat leech.
    100% non-satire. Look at my post, then tell me where that leads you to believe Democrat? The look at your reply with an immediate jump to derogatory, personal attack... hmm, now what ideology do we normally associate that with?

Why do we feel that kinda of behavior is acceptable? Even if I might agree there is a severe level of incompetence at most grocery stores (or society in general). Serious question.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    Just about every big box store these days have a few idiots working there.
    About the worst I’ve dealt with are the gun counter maroons at Academy. I’m surprised they could breathe.
    It’s just normal these days. I try not to get perturbed about it.
    What does get me riled is the lack of inventory that their websites show as in stock.
    You get over there and nada. Grrrrrr
    @candcallen loves the Academy gun counter

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    If I go to an establishment to purchase an item, and said item is available, and I am or you are stonewalled by incompetent employees... figure it out for yourself. Those working at this place of business are there to provide a service, if they fail at providing said service when the product is available, then they are not performing the function that they were hired to perform. In other words they are incompetent, and deserving of criticism.
    Your condoning such incompetence speaks volumes about your views of society and its failures and lack of work ethics. My perception of how you chose the words to criticize the OP for voicing his frustration.

Edit to add, If you had any ability in reading comprehension, you would take note that OP was equating the hearing of the lady behind the counter to be as poor as his own.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    KROGER'S IS A SHITHOLE STORE EVEN WALMART HAS THEM BEAT IN OUR TOWN!WORST SERVIC EVER!
    If I go to an establishment to purchase an item, and said item is available, and I am or you are stonewalled by incompetent employees... figure it out for yourself. Those working at this place of business are there to provide a service, if they fail at providing said service when the product is available, then they are not performing the function that they were hired to perform. In other words they are incompetent, and deserving of criticism.
    Your condoning such incompetence speaks volumes about your views of society and its failures and lack of work ethics. My perception of how you chose the words to criticize the OP for voicing his frustration.
    EXACTLY IT'S TIME TO FIND A MANAGER AL GIVE THEM AN EARFUL OF WHY YOU'RE UPSET!

Top Bottom