• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    I am absolutely fine with playing by the rules the not people have laid out.

Taking the “high road” has gotten us where we are today.
    I read it differently.

Option 1. Calmly ask for a manager and quietly and rationally explain the situation, your desired outcome, and ask for help. I seriously doubt store policy or union bakery rules prevent the sale of cupcakes between the hours of 3-5pm. Probable outcome: manager retrieves cupcake, apologizes, and offers free cupcake in gesture of human kindness; you leave happy; employees receive training update in next newsletter.

Option 2. Demand in irritated manner that minimum wage drone from other department perform a task they are demonstrably unqualified for. Vent frustration built up over days over unrelated issues and stomp off. Return home and use Internet to rant and paint entire grocery chain as hearlless monsters and specifically call out elderly employee for lack of understanding and physical disability. Probable outcome: no cupcake; no real satisfaction to you, other than starting an Internet fish-slapping contest; no improvement in store policy or performance.

The Internet and our cultural shift has created an atmosphere of incivility and unrest we may never recover from.

Deep breaths, everyone. Try to remember how people interact in a healthy way to overcome intermittent first-world inconveniences.
    Guns International

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    With most business unable to find employees nowadays let alone finding good employees this is more common. Perhaps the influx of all of the illegals will actually help. In my suburban town most people are pretty helpful.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I’m so glad I read through this thread.
    I have learned Kroger employees have declared war on us, are throwing us in the gulag, and we have a constitutional right to slander them on the internet.
    10/10 would read again.
    Just the response from a "Cut N Shoot" resident! :evil: :roflfunny:Just bustin' yer balls buddy, nothing serious intended.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Why do you feel you were so entitled to a cupcake? Slander HEB workers by calling them fat slugs and then an older woman because she is troubled in hearing you. This kind of mentality and behavior is no better than an entitled child and what we should not accept as OK, on either side of the isle of socially acceptable behaviors.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    "Entitlement to a cupcake" has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Insert whatever product you wish, so long as it's an every day item, it should not have to be so difficult to buy. I, personally, do not see any slander being leveled here, the HEB employees probably were fat slobs, therefore it's an apt description, the woman at Krogers was simply hard of hearing, that's factual. The indictment here is against crappy customer service, in this case 2 large grocery chains neither of which I spend my hard earned money at for this very reason. The OP did not display any "mentality" or "behavior" other than to call out piss poor "mentality" and "behavior" on the part of these 2 companies. Who's the one that should be called out for "this mentality and behavior" for immediately disparaging someone's opinion by calling him an "entitled child"? It is exactly this acceptance of poor company performance, poor customer service, lack of interpersonal skills WITHOUT consequence that has landed us where we are, as a society, today. I remember a Texas where companies would not have been allowed to get away with this kind of nonsense, not because of what wasn't getting done, but because the employees cared as much as the customers and therefore the Krogers employee would've simply stepped over and put the cupcake(s) into a bag/box, probably would've wished his wife a happy birthday, and everyone involved would've walked away a little happier. It's a little something that USED to be unique to Texas, and maybe something you're not familiar with, being from somewhere else. The more we "go along to get along" and the more we allow actions without consequences, the further we're going to slide down in to a moral morass the likes of which we'll never recover from.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Sorry for the late reply, digging potatoes this morning, about 150 lbs. so far.

A business provides a service and/or good for sale. If the op had gone off on the employee in store, then he would have been acting entitled, as it was, he voiced his opinion on a privately held forum, open to the general public. The OP as is his Constitutional Right voiced his thoughts on the subject of employee incompetence. Slander would be saying something untrue, BUT voicing what occurred, therefore it is not slander.

"Slander HEB workers by calling them fat slugs and then an older woman because she is troubled in hearing you." What is the reason for a bakery to exist if there are no baked goods available? As far as the hearing impaired woman, once again, it was a comparison to his own inability to hear well.

I don't agree that because he didn't "go off" on the employee absolves the act or feeling of entitlement. I'm not sure when Constitutionality came into play. That's a different topic. So, to keep on topic:

My call of it being slander stands. Unless you are saying "fat slugs" is a statement that is factually accurate and NOT malicious?

What about the "old crone" statement? Although I would say that one is not slander (probably was an ugly old woman, but is subjective), but it is unecissarily derogatory (my opinion) and I'll admit I've said far worse in frustrationand anger.

Provide implies no expectations of return for services or goods, i.e. donations, but for arguments sake, I'll concede semantics there. A bakery exists to make money. It has no duty to you to provide or sell anything. It may be a terrible and unsustainable business practice, but there's no obligation for you to buy or them to sell.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I’m so glad I read through this thread.
    I have learned Kroger employees have declared war on us, are throwing us in the gulag, and we have a constitutional right to slander them on the internet.
    10/10 would read again.
    LOL!

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I don't agree that because he didn't "go off" on the employee absolves the act or feeling of entitlement. I'm not sure when Constitutionality came into play. That's a different topic. So, to keep on topic:

My call of it being slander stands. Unless you are saying "fat slugs" is a statement that is factually accurate and NOT malicious?

What about the "old crone" statement? Although I would say that one is not slander (probably was an ugly old woman, but is subjective), but it is unecissarily derogatory (my opinion) and I'll admit I've said far worse in frustrationand anger.

Provide implies no expectations of return for services or goods, i.e. donations, but for arguments sake, I'll concede semantics there. A bakery exists to make money. It has no duty to you to provide or sell anything. It may be a terrible and unsustainable business practice, but there's no obligation for you to buy or them to sell.

LMAO FUNNY!

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    I reiterate, I upbaided employees in front of customers for that kind of rude behavior..... and courtesy and customer service were once the pride of all of the south, if not once of all of America! Look at what has happened for dispensing trophies and ataboys to everyone for anything!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    "Entitlement to a cupcake" has absolutely nothing to do with the OP. Insert whatever product you wish, so long as it's an every day item, it should not have to be so difficult to buy. I, personally, do not see any slander being leveled here, the HEB employees probably were fat slobs, therefore it's an apt description, the woman at Krogers was simply hard of hearing, that's factual. The indictment here is against crappy customer service, in this case 2 large grocery chains neither of which I spend my hard earned money at for this very reason. The OP did not display any "mentality" or "behavior" other than to call out piss poor "mentality" and "behavior" on the part of these 2 companies. Who's the one that should be called out for "this mentality and behavior" for immediately disparaging someone's opinion by calling him an "entitled child"? It is exactly this acceptance of poor company performance, poor customer service, lack of interpersonal skills WITHOUT consequence that has landed us where we are, as a society, today. I remember a Texas where companies would not have been allowed to get away with this kind of nonsense, not because of what wasn't getting done, but because the employees cared as much as the customers and therefore the Krogers employee would've simply stepped over and put the cupcake(s) into a bag/box, probably would've wished his wife a happy birthday, and everyone involved would've walked away a little happier. It's a little something that USED to be unique to Texas, and maybe something you're not familiar with, being from somewhere else. The more we "go along to get along" and the more we allow actions without consequences, the further we're going to slide down in to a moral morass the likes of which we'll never recover from.

The slander is factual, based on legal definition of the word. Not speculation or opinion.

I 100% agree that crappy customer service is a pandemic. I was disparaging his opinion. Only his way of handling it and expectations of outcome.

"I remember a Texas where companies would not have been allowed to get away with..."

Saying you're saying that a private entity that you have no stake in shouldn't be able to do whatever they want. I would say that business should be able to do whatever they want and suffer any consequences all at their choice. If that business wants to set polices to prevent interdepartment employees from assisting a customer, so be it. I think it's a silly practoce, but it's not my business . I AM from somewhere else, and from a lineage that was directly involved in the freedom of this country, but that is neither here nor there. It is a shame the Constitution State cares not for the Constitution.

I'm not saying we should accept anything we don't agree with.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    The slander is factual, based on legal definition of the word. Not speculation or opinion.

I 100% agree that crappy customer service is a pandemic. I was disparaging his opinion. Only his way of handling it and expectations of outcome.

"I remember a Texas where companies would not have been allowed to get away with..."

Saying you're saying that a private entity that you have no stake in shouldn't be able to do whatever they want. I would say that business should be able to do whatever they want and suffer any consequences all at their choice. If that business wants to set polices to prevent interdepartment employees from assisting a customer, so be it. I think it's a silly practoce, but it's not my business . I AM from somewhere else, and from a lineage that was directly involved in the freedom of this country, but that is neither here nor there. It is a shame the Constitution State cares not for the Constitution.

I'm not saying we should accept anything we don't agree with.

HOW DO YOU PROVE SLANDER WAS COMMITTED?

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    @A.Texas.Yankee, different POV, this is really not a subject worth arguing about. A friendly discussion no problem, we just see things differently. I see them from the POV of someone who has seen Texas change, in many ways for the worse, less honesty, integrity and morality.

I'll disagree with how we treat others is not a subject worth arguing about, but will 100% hands down agree this great state is changing and I can't say for the better. I absolutely hate the influx of those fleeing other states and bringing the reason they fled with them.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    HOW DO YOU PROVE SLANDER WAS COMMITTED?
    I don't understand your question entirely, without context. So I'll guess that if we're talking about a scenario of a court case or something civil court like that, I would say it would be by admission of the OP saying he did, in fact, say those things. I'm just going on a rudimentary definition of the word and OP's admission.
    aty,

Are you lonely?
    Well, I'm a bit bored and felt like a little playing a little devil's advocate would entertain me. I don't think I've ever felt lonely in my life. I'm very blessed in that regard, thanks for asking!

Top Bottom