• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    100% non-satire. Look at my post, then tell me where that leads you to believe Democrat? The look at your reply with an immediate jump to derogatory, personal attack... hmm, now what ideology do we normally associate that with?

Why do we feel that kinda of behavior is acceptable? Even if I might agree there is a severe level of incompetence at most grocery stores (or society in general). Serious question.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    A spade is a spade, a bucket of .... you get the gist. Stop getting all butt hurt, it seems you cannot take criticism. You were the one who apparently thinks an employee should get a participation trophy just for breathing. I have always had to perform at a job, a warm body that does not perform is just an unneeded expense. When you are in sales you need to sell, that is where the money that pays ones salary comes from.
    Target Sports

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    If I go to an establishment to purchase an item, and said item is available, and I am or you are stonewalled by incompetent employees... figure it out for yourself. Those working at this place of business are there to provide a service, if they fail at providing said service when the product is available, then they are not performing the function that they were hired to perform. In other words they are incompetent, and deserving of criticism.
    Your condoning such incompetence speaks volumes about your views of society and its failures and lack of work ethics. My perception of how you chose the words to criticize the OP for voicing his frustration.

If you would, please quote what led to your conclusion of my condoning of incompetence. Businesses do not provide a service. Businesses sell a service. Although the distinction may seem insignificant, I don't believe it is. Being critical does not require slander. My point is that we can't complain about what the other side of the political spectrum is doing if we do the same thing and allow it a pass as long as we agree with it.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    Today, as now I type this, is my wife's 62nd birthday. Yesterday I went to HEB to see if they had a small cake or cupcake for her birthday. There was nothing available, even if the fat slugs working there could have found something. So I went across the street to Kroger. In the case, looking fresh, were 2 cupcakes with Happy Birthday on them, with a single candle. Nobody was around. So I went to the deli section, which is adjoining, and asked if someone could please help me with something from bakery. The single old crone working there couldn't hear any better than I can, and when she finally understood that I wanted to buy something from bakery, told me that she could only get something that was a special order. This was 4:30 in the afternoon. Does every one leave early? After about 2 minutes of trying to get her to get the cupcake, or find someone who could, I gave up and walked out. Why won't Kroger allow me to buy a cupcake? It's for my precious, invalid, beautiful wife. All I want is one cupcake and they won't let me have it. What the hell is wrong with people?
    Prayer sent for you & the Mrs....

d8e7ebf6ad1c1e52599990ab4dd64007.gif

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    If you would, please quote what led to your conclusion of my condoning of incompetence. Businesses do not provide a service. Businesses sell a service. Although the distinction may seem insignificant, I don't believe it is. Being critical does not require slander. My point is that we can't complain about what the other side of the political spectrum is doing if we do the same thing and allow it a pass as long as we agree with it.

I am absolutely fine with playing by the rules the not people have laid out.

Taking the “high road” has gotten us where we are today.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I usually get confused looks with the change after paying. Imagine my total is $15.50 and I give a $20 plus 2 quarters.
    I've had several use a calculator, some say they don't do that or they have to call someone else to figure it out.

I'm not doing it to be a jerk, sometimes I have the correct change on me.
    One nice young lady that works at the local Diner?

Great Waitress!!

Just? Mathematically Challenged....."silver money"? Totally confuses her...."Foldy" money? talking rocket surgery!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I am absolutely fine with playing by the rules the not people have laid out.

Taking the “high road” has gotten us where we are today.
    I don't necessarily agree, but I see your point. I think the larger problem is we let them change the rules. That's what got us into this whole mess for sure. Now how do we reset the rules?

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    One nice young lady that works at the local Diner?

Great Waitress!!

Just? Mathematically Challenged....."silver money"? Totally confuses her...."Foldy" money? talking rocket surgery!
    A FEW MONTHS AGO WIFE AND I STOPPED AT THE SONIC TO GET DINNER WIFE GAVE THE CARHOP EXACT ANOUNT CARHOP SAID SHE HAD TO GOINSIDE AND GET THE CHANGESMH WIFE AND I LAUGHE ABOUT IT THEWHOLE TRIP BACK TO THE HOUSE!

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I usually get confused looks with the change after paying. Imagine my total is $15.50 and I give a $20 plus 2 quarters.
    I've had several use a calculator, some say they don't do that or they have to call someone else to figure it out.

I'm not doing it to be a jerk, sometimes I have the correct change on me.
    There are children that don't know what paper money is. That's a crazy thought.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    KROGER'S IS A SHITHOLE STORE EVEN WALMART HAS THEM BEAT IN OUR TOWN!WORST SERVIC EVER!

EXACTLY IT'S TIME TO FIND A MANAGER AL GIVE THEM AN EARFUL OF WHY YOU'RE UPSET!
    I had a pleasant experience at Rite-Aid, last evening.

Recently, they started closing the Pharmacy at 19:00hrs. (used to be 20:00hrs)

My new Dr. had called in my new NITRO scrip ...... I got there at just about 19:00 hrs.

Nice young Lady Pharmacist said, "No Problem"....had my scrip ready, coached me through the new fangled machine hooked up to the cash register (made cash "co payment")...which could have been a problem....

In & out. ....

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I had a pleasant experience at Rite-Aid, last evening.

Recently, they started closing the Pharmacy at 19:00hrs. (used to be 20:00hrs)

My new Dr. had called in my new NITRO scrip ...... I got there at just about 19:00 hrs.

Nice young Lady Pharmacist said, "No Problem"....had my scrip ready, coached me through the new fangled machine hooked up to the cash register (made cash "co payment")...which could have been a problem....

In & out. ....
    WE SWITCHED PHARMACIES WHE KROGERS REFUSED TO FILL A PRESCRIPTIO ALL BECAUSE THE DOCTOR WAS IN DALLAS AND NOT LOCAL!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I don't necessarily agree, but I see your point. I think the larger problem is we let them change the rules. That's what got us into this whole mess for sure. Now how do we reset the rules?

The way you are thinking is why we are where we are at. They declared war. Y’all pretended it was something else and tried to rationally debate and convince fanatics to not put us in gulags.

Your way has failed from the second it was attempted and has been failing for generations.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    The way you are thinking is why we are where we are at. They declared war. Y’all pretended it was something else and tried to rationally debate and convince fanatics to not put us in gulags.

Your way has failed from the second it was attempted and has been failing for generations.

Well, I would infer that standing our ground and standing by our morales are not the same thing. If you don't do both, you can't do either. We've just given up so much ground.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapata
    Sorry for the late reply, digging potatoes this morning, about 150 lbs. so far.

A business provides a service and/or good for sale. If the op had gone off on the employee in store, then he would have been acting entitled, as it was, he voiced his opinion on a privately held forum, open to the general public. The OP as is his Constitutional Right voiced his thoughts on the subject of employee incompetence. Slander would be saying something untrue, BUT voicing what occurred, therefore it is not slander.

"Slander HEB workers by calling them fat slugs and then an older woman because she is troubled in hearing you." What is the reason for a bakery to exist if there are no baked goods available? As far as the hearing impaired woman, once again, it was a comparison to his own inability to hear well.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    If I go to an establishment to purchase an item, and said item is available, and I am or you are stonewalled by incompetent employees... figure it out for yourself. Those working at this place of business are there to provide a service, if they fail at providing said service when the product is available, then they are not performing the function that they were hired to perform. In other words they are incompetent, and deserving of criticism.
    Your condoning such incompetence speaks volumes about your views of society and its failures and lack of work ethics. My perception of how you chose the words to criticize the OP for voicing his frustration.

Edit to add, If you had any ability in reading comprehension, you would take note that OP was equating the hearing of the lady behind the counter to be as poor as his own.
    I was in management before retirement, my employee would been terminated for that behavior.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    With a few exceptions, I have seen decent customer service and friendly staff over the last couple of years.

Top Bottom