• ...and so much more!
  • Driller

Life Member
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    Conroe,TX
    There is a Dentist in town who had a patient arrested when they had their tooth pulled and did not want to pay when they were leaving. Theft of service I think. Patient showed up never intending to pay. they had no idea you could be arrested for that.
    Target Sports

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    What blows my mind is all the times I've been told tough, when we called after being shop lifted. Never had one thing recovered, with license plates and everything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Frisco, TX
    Manager was an asshole for the way he handled the situation. Period!

I can't tell you how many rebates, freebies, etc. I've given guests at work due to some problem they may be having (half the time, it's not even our problem, but we try to help a guest having a bad day!). It's called "customer service".
    If you're gonna aspire to be in the hospitality business, you need to be freakin' hospitable!

This ^^^

Five of us were at Plucker's the other evening. Our server was really bad. It took her forever to get to our table for drink orders; she got one of our appetizers wrong and it was not corrected after repeatedly informing her (when we could flag her down) and her co-workers (food runners). The manager happened to visit every table and we informed him about the situation. We weren't expecting anything in return, we just wanted him aware that his server needed to step it up a few notches so other people after us wouldn't get the same crappy service, but he ended up removing all of the appetizers we ordered from our bill.

GaryH

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Cowtown
    Having a mandatory gratuity for large parties is not uncommon. We should all know that, and if we don't want to participate we need to go elsewhere.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    What i dont like is when say 4 or 5 couples go out to eat together and each one pays their own ticket but each ticket gets the mandatory "Gratuity" added to them.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    What i dont like is when say 4 or 5 couples go out to eat together and each one pays their own ticket but each ticket gets the mandatory "Gratuity" added to them.
    The service required is the same, the time larger parties sit at tables is generally more.

I didn't have this policy at the place I worked and generally no waiter wanted to take large tables as they got less $$ at the end of the night.

steve-o

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Arlington
    Oh please. No fire code, law or moon phase was broken by the business. If you stiff a restaurant bill for under $50 you probably just get a ticket, more than that you go to jail.
    My main point was that if the gratuity is included, there should be some guarentee of good service. If they mess up the order, don't keep your drinks full, or are rude, then you're getting ripped off.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    If there is a mandatory gratuity going to be added regardless, what incentive is there for the wait staff to do a good job???

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Failing to pay a listed fee, regardless of what it is called, is theft of service. A person can detain another to prevent the consequences of theft.

Can't argue with that

But I have to wonder about the manager of that restaurant. The negative publicity recieved over a $20 dispute which draws attention to poor service makes me think the manager isn't very good at managing people nor looking out for the greater good of the business.

Now from where I sit, grattuity is earned. It's not an entitlement. I tip according to service provided. I've stiffed the server (loosely described) before and sleep very well at night.

Leper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    If you don't like the policy, go somewhere else. Simple as that.

The customers were probably as rude, if not more so, than the staff they are whining about. Entitlement mentality at its core. "the rules don't apply to me, I can do what I want, I don't care what it says"

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    If you go to a resturant and don't like your 1. food, 2. waitstaff, or 3. managment, pay your bill and never come back. Its that simple. Eating out is too expensive and there are too many places to eat.

The manager in the story went through a lot of trouble to make sure this group paid. Either they were very stupid or very angry. I wasn't there.

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'd have paid the bill but let the manager know that I intend to give them really poor reviews on Zagat, 4 square, Yelp, Google, etc.

When people measure their actions by legality, and not what's right, they deserve to have the free market kick them square in the ass.

ChunkyMonkey

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, who knows what kind of customers they were. I think it was in Arizona, I believe. A guy tried complaining about his food and demanding a discount I believe. When the manager called the cops, he admitted to the cops he was just trying to get a comp. Cops arrested him. Ill look for the article.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    Usually the automatic gratuity ends up costing the waitstaff. I'll pay the 15% since they insist on defining it in advance. Most of the time I tip 20%. I look on it as a volume discount.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I can about imagine what kind of people these were... there is a big double fault here. As a manager, right or wrong you should at least try and make the customer happy. If you have ever been in this business, you know exactly how pleasant customers can be....

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Customer service has become a thing of the past in the majority of American establishments... It's a damn shame and as previously mentioned by a couple of others just safer and easier to eat at home...

Top Bottom