• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Have to like the way the police automatically assumed the guys with guns are the perpetrators. Those trying to defend history were labeled "vigilantes".

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-shot-new-mexico-protest-spanish-conquerors-statue

Perhaps the fellow who fired the shots was the initiator of the problem. But the article notes that "About five shots were fired by a single gunman after protesters started advancing on him". Was he being attacked and defending himself?

Maybe we will find out.
    Hurley's Gold

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I saw video earlier that showed he was retreating from the situation and they chased him down yelling threats. Then he was attacked. I don’t know what he had done prior to what was seen on the video. Lots of confusion but definitely easy to argue his actions were justified based on the video. I’m sure there is more to the story. Usually is.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    In case anyone was wondering, “the city will be removing the statue until the appropriate civic institutions can determine next steps,in order to limit the public safety risk.”

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I'm afraid this will continue to happen as long as there are butt-holes who want to erase our history. I have an great uncle who fought on the Confederate side and was wounded at the battle of Shiloh. We have a family cemetery that is listed with a Texas Historical Society and a monument plaque stating this.
    Would I defend this, yes. I want my kids, grand-kids etc, etc, to know and be proud of what their ancestors did for our great country.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I saw video earlier that showed he was retreating from the situation and they chased him down yelling threats. Then he was attacked. I don’t know what he had done prior to what was seen on the video. Lots of confusion but definitely easy to argue his actions were justified based on the video. I’m sure there is more to the story. Usually is.
    Where did you find the video?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    When all the monuments are gone, they will come after the last "painful reminders of history" aka white people. Just watch, the next 10-20 years in this country is going to be unreal

Lol, this isn’t about race. Never has been.

It’s about ideology. Just look at Candace Owens, Ando Ngo, Kevin Hart, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Well in attempt to find the video that shows him being chased and then attacked I can’t find it. It was on Twitter. I did find the video where he is on video throwing a woman to the ground for attempting to block him from waking or advancing forward in a crowd. If we’re gonna base our opinions on what we see those optics are not good.

While I’m so disappointed in what’s going on I’m personally not going to go to one of these events with my arms and try and make a stand. I only own weapons for my personal protection and the protection of my property. This is all so freaking crazy.

Based on what I just saw the guy who fired shots has some culpability here but then again, I’m not a judge nor jury.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    It appears that he wandered up, not a part of the original "protectors", then assaulted some people.
    If this is correct, he instigated everything.
    His right to claim self defense is gone, is it not?

Obviously, I could have seen it wrong.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    It appears that he wandered up, not a part of the original "protectors", then assaulted some people.
    If this is correct, he instigated everything.
    His right to claim self defense is gone, is it not?

Obviously, I could have seen it wrong.
    He was fleeing when he was beaten with the skateboard and tackled to the ground.
    Notice how the roaches run every time the “lights” come on?

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    He was fleeing when he was beaten with the skateboard and tackled to the ground.
    Notice how the roaches run every time the “lights” come on?

Yes he was, but did he not begin the chain of events which caused him to be chased?
    Did I see it wrong?

My understanding of the law, if you instigate a fight, and draw your weapon, self defense is off the table.
    Is that incorrect?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Yes he was, but did he not begin the chain of events which caused him to be chased?
    Did I see it wrong?

My understanding of the law, if you instigate a fight, and draw your weapon, self defense is off the table.
    Is that incorrect?
    He shoved a commie after the commie made first contact. His shove was probably excessive.
    He realizes his life is now in danger and attempts to unass the area. He is chased down and attacked.
    In Texas he would be justified in the use of deadly force per the definition in the penal code

if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force, unless:

(A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and

(B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful force against the actor;

Top Bottom