• ...and so much more!
  • Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    Sorry to hear that. Nothing wrog with crying when about to lose a loved one. If I heard the same about my current pooch, I would be devastated. When I was still in NY our mutt Mimi was diagnosed with cancer in her spleen. She would be full of energy for a few to several days, then lethargic for a like amount of time, then spring back to being full of energy again. They claimed that was because she would bleed internally from the cancer which was wrapped around several organs including the spleen. It would make her bleed internally, likely from the spleen, and tire her out. After resting a few to several days she would get her energy back because the bleeding would stop. The thing was, once she ran around again, she would start to bleed again. We had her put down and it was really tough. She was the first of our several family dogs that I had picked out, my wife had chosen all the others. This is her getting her last treat, from my wife, for energy to cross The Rainbow Bridge.

20180814_214232.jpg

She passed August 14, 2018 but I am tearing up now just thinking of her. She was a dear friend.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    Sorry to hear that. Nothing wrog with crying when about to lose a loved one. If I heard the same about my current pooch, I would be devastated. When I was still in NY our mutt Mimi was diagnosed with cancer in her spleen. She would be full of energy for a few to several days, then lethargic for a like amount of time, then spring back to being full of energy again. They claimed that was because she would bleed internally from the cancer which was wrapped around several organs including the spleen. It would make her bleed internally, likely from the spleen, and tire her out. After resting a few to several days she would get her energy back because the bleeding would stop. The thing was, once she ran around again, she would start to bleed again. We had her put down and it was really tough. She was the first of our several family dogs that I had picked out, my wife had chosen all the others. This is her getting her last treat, from my wife, for energy to cross The Rainbow Bridge.

View attachment 391357

She passed August 14, 2018 but I am tearing up now just thinking of her. She was a dear friend.
    Mimi looks beautiful.

Unconditional love is so rare. We have to work so hard to experience it with other people.
    For a dog, its just natural. This is why we miss them so much when they leave us.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    My GSD is 7 in a few days. Got her the day after we got married for way too much. She has EPI so we know that she has a shortened life expectancy from that. Always seemed far off but she is getting there now. I dont really like pets to be honest but Ill miss her when she is gone.GSDs are about the only dog breed that I would ever own. Very loyal and brave.

Hope you have some good times with your dog between now and then. I know mine is turning the corner and I make sure she eats good every night

rotor

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2015
    Texas
    I really feel your pain. I have put down 2 dogs in the last year and cried each time. Wonderful dogs to always remember. Their deaths were painless and in our arms. The biggest mistake we make is prolonging their lives when they suffer. No matter how hard it is, don't prolong things.

BigRed

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2021
    Midwest
    Went to the vet today and got the news I didn't want to hear. My GSD, Kimba, my loyal, trusting, and faithful friend has cancer and only a few months left.

The symptoms, and they came on fast, were constant panting, excessive water consumption, and seeming to struggle with bowel movements. I knew something was wrong, but was hoping it was something treatable. If it was something like diabetes, I would absolutely make sure she got however many shots and pills a day to keep her going. But the vet even ruled out chemo. The only good thing is they don't believe she is any pain. And based on her behavior, I think they are right. She still wants to walk and play and get a good butt rub, she just tires easily. I've been given a pharmacy shelf of drugs to administer and will be taking her in for blood work every 30 days.. My vet said that the medicine would make her feel like a young dog again, but that it would only work for a while, and when the symptoms return, it would be that time.

I raised this little girl from a puppy. She's not yet nine, so she didn't even get a full run at life. Me, I'm almost seventy, so I've had to do this before. But I swear to God it gets harder every time. Cryin' over a dang dog. Getting old has turned me into a frikkin' wuss.

View attachment 391345

My sincere sympathies.

A good dog is amongst the greatest of gifts.

LeadChucker

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2019
    Dallas TX
    I really feel your pain. I have put down 2 dogs in the last year and cried each time. Wonderful dogs to always remember. Their deaths were painless and in our arms. The biggest mistake we make is prolonging their lives when they suffer. No matter how hard it is, don't prolong things.

Guilty. Years ago I had a Dobie that I was so afraid of losing that I didn't realize how far gone she was. I still feel guilty for not letting her go earlier. With Kimbi, as soon as life isn't fun, she will go as peacefully as possible and in my arms.

Johnny Diamond

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2022
    US
    Tough thing, I know. Wrecked me when I put my cuttin horse down, bought a bottle of bourbon ordered pizza in and drank and wept over my best friend, like a girl.
    Take care of your pal and just give her your best.
    Johnny

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Went to the vet today and got the news I didn't want to hear. My GSD, Kimba, my loyal, trusting, and faithful friend has cancer and only a few months left.

The symptoms, and they came on fast, were constant panting, excessive water consumption, and seeming to struggle with bowel movements. I knew something was wrong, but was hoping it was something treatable. If it was something like diabetes, I would absolutely make sure she got however many shots and pills a day to keep her going. But the vet even ruled out chemo. The only good thing is they don't believe she is any pain. And based on her behavior, I think they are right. She still wants to walk and play and get a good butt rub, she just tires easily. I've been given a pharmacy shelf of drugs to administer and will be taking her in for blood work every 30 days.. My vet said that the medicine would make her feel like a young dog again, but that it would only work for a while, and when the symptoms return, it would be that time.

I raised this little girl from a puppy. She's not yet nine, so she didn't even get a full run at life. Me, I'm almost seventy, so I've had to do this before. But I swear to God it gets harder every time. Cryin' over a dang dog. Getting old has turned me into a frikkin' wuss.

View attachment 391345
    So sorry to hear this.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Dogs are Gods way of teaching us what unconditional love is. The worst part of having that gift is that their lives are far too short.
    And like some here, I have shed more tears over dogs and other pets than I have people. Knowing the hurt from the loss, I still go back for more. I just can't imagine life without a dog. At least not for long.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I still mourn my Tess of 15 years, gone now 10 years...

And my current Buddy is 12 years now and his arthritis is so bad, I doubt he will be with me another...

The upshot is that dogs just don't live long enough...

All you can do is love them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

View attachment 391345
    damn that sucks

Top Bottom