• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    If these numbers are correct, we gun owners didn't have a very good showing. 318,000 comments submitted with Everytown and Moms Demand claiming 274,000 of those comments.

After ATF considers public feedback and makes any changes because of the comments, providing the agency still wants to proceed, it will publish a final version of the rule to the Federal Register, describing and responding to the comments received. That final rule includes a date for when the change becomes both effective and enforceable, generally 60 to 90 days in the future.

https://www.guns.com/news/2023/12/0...ule-sees-318k-comments-46-states-choose-sides

Out of those 274,000 comments, how many people commented a hell of a lot more than once?
    ARJ Defense ad

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Out of those 274,000 comments, how many people commented a hell of a lot more than once?
    I don't know how many individuals submitted more than once, but I saw a ton of cut and paste comments, all from different individual anti gunners. So I don't know how much weight they will carry. I submitted 15 unique comments.

"Weighing in on support for the Biden Administration’s new rule is a host of gun control groups large and small. Using cut-and-paste advocacy, the Bloomberg-backed Everytown group channeled 238,000 comments from its supporters to the rule."

"Also in support of the rule were 160 Democrat members of Congress led by U.S. Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-IL) and U.S. Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL-02). California Attorney General Rob Bonta, joined by another 19 state AGs as well as the attorney general of the District of Columbia, who filed comment this week as well."

"Likewise, a coalition of 26 attorneys general led by Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen and joined by the Arizona legislature, submitted a nine-page public comment opposing the rule change on a number of points."

So all in all it looks like there were only about 44,000 comments submitted in opposition to the rule. If you take out the 238,000 duplicate cut and paste comments, that leaves 36,000 in support of the rule. How much weight the ATF will give to the shear numbers is the unknown question.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    "Background checks help prevent guns from being sold to people convicted of crimes, teenagers and others who are legally blocked from owning them, said the agency's director, Steve Dettelbach."
    BS - doesn't stop anything.
    From Colllin county
    "Prosecutors also presented evidence that ****** was arrested in Harris County twice while in possession of firearms while on bond for this murder charge"
    See a problem here?
    <>

I see “twice”.

Under Trump, EVERY “Felon in Possession” case was prosecuted. During the 8 years of Obama, fewer than ten cases were prosecuted by the Feds.

So, yes, I do see a problem there. . . . .

<>

garabae

</null>
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    DFW
    Two (almost) random thoughts:

1. Re: comments on the proposed rule. Anyone still believes these actually make any difference?

2. Cornyn is trash.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    Sorry, is this a rhetorical question?

Hint: I doubt anyone is really trying to take aviation away from you personally.
    You'd be surprised. The anti lead people and people that don't like noise, and real estate types and environmentalists all hate aviation almost as much as people hate our guns. I don't think you've thought this through very well.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You'd be surprised. The anti lead people and people that don't like noise, and real estate types and environmentalists all hate aviation almost as much as people hate our guns. I don't think you've thought this through very well.
    I got clued in on this many years ago. There's an attitude in much of the world that no one needs to own a plane. In many places, general aviation as we think of it mostly doesn't exist.

Top Bottom