• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    I believe you have to make a profit on the gun for this requirement to come into play.

Or some ATF flunky has to decide you may have made a profit. Besides, why shouldn't you make a profit from selling your own property? Should the Colt Python you bought in 1988 for $550 not bring you current market prices if you sell it this year?

What right does the government have to require you to take a loss if you sell your own private property? Especially property like firearms that can increase in value over time?

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    In order to make a profit, would inflation need to be taken into account, time value of money, etc?

You buy a $1k 1911 in 2004 dollars. That money spent sits in the safe, not gaining interest and not working for you. 2024 you sell it for $1200 in Biden dollars. Face value of the transaction says you made $200, but practically speaking you probably lost $200 on the deal due to inflation and lost opportunity cost with the $ tied up in the 1911

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    In order to make a profit, would inflation need to be taken into account, time value of money, etc?

You buy a $1k 1911 in 2004 dollars. That money spent sits in the safe, not gaining interest and not working for you. 2024 you sell it for $1200 in Biden dollars. Face value of the transaction says you made $200, but practically speaking you probably lost $200 on the deal due to inflation and lost opportunity cost with the $ tied up in the 1911

Is a generic $1k 1911 going to increase in value 20 years later?

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Or some ATF flunky has to decide you may have made a profit. Besides, why shouldn't you make a profit from selling your own property? Should the Colt Python you bought in 1988 for $550 not bring you current market prices if you sell it this year?

What right does the government have to require you to take a loss if you sell your own private property? Especially property like firearms that can increase in value over time?

They aim to disarm everyone. Tiny step at a time.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX

1. it is clearly unconstitutional.
    2. It is a gun registering scheme.
    3. They will extend the bad rules later.

SOP of BATF and DOJ

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    The imagined scenarios that ^^ brings are overwhelming.
    They can come here if they want to see me. I'm not going anywhere.

We cannot predict the future. Communist seldom allow themselves to be removed at the ballot box. I believe the public is sufficiently motivated this time, we will test that, first.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    They can come here if they want to see me. I'm not going anywhere.

We cannot predict the future. Communist seldom allow themselves to be removed at the ballot box. I believe the public is sufficiently motivated this time, we will test that, first.
    I applaud your optimism re the election. They came very close to getting caught in '20... and they won't let that happen again.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    I applaud your optimism re the election. They came very close to getting caught in '20... and they won't let that happen again.

Probably true. But even with the influx from the border, I believe most of Texas is motivated to vote the embedded criminals out of DC and in our State Government. Even moderate GOP, sense it. Unless they are the Bought RINO's.

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Probably true. But even with the influx from the border, I believe most of Texas is motivated to vote the embedded criminals out of DC and in our State Government. Even moderate GOP, sense it. Unless they are the Bought RINO's.
    That could be. Sadly, it might be that in the US - like in other third-world nations - it's no longer who votes that count, it's who counts the votes... and the recent arrival of a few million people wouldn't factor in that whatsoever.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    That could be. Sadly, it might be that in the US - like in other third-world nations - it's no longer who votes that count, it's who counts the votes... and the recent arrival of a few million people wouldn't factor in that whatsoever.
    United Nations Human Rights Treaty (Committee is now headed by Iran)

Document:
    CCPR/C/USA/CO/5

Concluding observations on the fifth periodic report of the United States of America*

Search-> "gun"

Shows paragraph 34 and 35

Now you know where all this crap is coming from in DC.

Connect the dots.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Texas is just a spec on the map as far as votes go.

Well, whatever. Almost any place you go in the world, they know what we are. It has long been that way. During WWII my father had Texas written in red letters on his helmet, he stumbled into some Moroccans, he said they treated him like Royalty. Smile. We are know to be a little ornery.

@TX_1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rolling Plains of TX
    Phuc the UN with a broken whiskey bottle.

Yes, there is a song; You can put it where the sun don't shine.

Slo Joe is a graft collector. He takes money from anyone for favors. I'm sure he somewhere gets payola from the UN. (we are the largest contributor to that circus)

By the way, I like revolvers too. I have an Uberti that great in all aspects.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom