• ...and so much more!
  • Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Naples TX.
    It’s ready to start ticking. Aug 30 the proposed rule was submitted to the Federal Register. The clock starts when it’s published as an NPRM in the Federal Register.

It’s not published yet, but should be in the next week or three.
    Agreed.
    I should have said, get ready to mark your calendar, it is coming.
    I wonder what the next formal assault, under the banner of The Safer Communities Act, will be.
    The future is wide open.

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    More on hidden anti-2A parts of this new law from the Truth about Guns blog.

In what seems to be another attempt at discouraging firearm activities, the Department of Education has decided to withhold the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) funds from hunting and archery education programs nationwide....The specific provision in the act was an amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which prohibits federal funds from going to programs that “provide to any person a dangerous weapon or training in the use of a dangerous weapon.”

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    So, for all of y’all that clutch your BOS as a talisman of “protection”, allow me to quote the ghost of Joe McCarthy;
    IMG_7419.jpeg

TXAdj.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2023
    Burleson, TX
    With signage of the so-called “Bipartisan Safer Communities Act”, 18 United States Code, Section 921, paragraph (21)(C) deletes the term "with the principal objective of livelihood and profit” and replaces it with “to predominantly earn a profit”. It also adds a new paragraph 22 which list only 2 reasons for private sales of firearms.

There are other issues that may or may not be troublesome to 2nd Amendment lovers. My personal issue is that a federal bureaucrat, most likely from BATFE or an appointee of an elected anti-gunner will be determining what your private sale is actually for. That the BATFE is asking for so many extra agents in their budget and given the weaponization of federal agencies against the individual or freedom loving group, how soon before classified forum posts from any forum become the new "rogue gun dealers" of the Brandons of this world?

My two cents.
    First off, if it's a private sale, how is anybody going to know to begin with? And short of having receipts, how would anybody know if you made a profit or not?

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    Gun shows will be doomed into oblivion.........
    I haven't really noticed that many "private collection" sellers at shows... so it will just hurt them but not doom them - we will probably see some more dealers see an opportunity and fill in the tables. But I agree, its not good for the shows - none of this is good for any of us period.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Gun shows will be doomed into oblivion.........

They'll just become trade shows where gun retailers, all selling the same shit, for the same price meet up and try to get your business using nostalgia of the gun shows of old.

I haven't attended a gun show in 17 years - I know that because the last time I went to one was when my wife and I were dating, and it was one of the "good' gun shows, small town where more private people than dealers, and it was still trash back then. Lots of pop corn vendors, beanie baby vendors, a kydex bender, and mostly dealers.

I've never bought a gun at a gun show, because the "deals" just weren't there. I found a few pieces I contemplated, but I could find similar pieces at my regular "home" gunshop.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    They'll just become trade shows where gun retailers, all selling the same shit, for the same price meet up and try to get your business using nostalgia of the gun shows of old.

I haven't attended a gun show in 17 years - I know that because the last time I went to one was when my wife and I were dating, and it was one of the "good' gun shows, small town where more private people than dealers, and it was still trash back then. Lots of pop corn vendors, beanie baby vendors, a kydex bender, and mostly dealers.

I've never bought a gun at a gun show, because the "deals" just weren't there. I found a few pieces I contemplated, but I could find similar pieces at my regular "home" gunshop.
    You might want to try again. I live in San Antonio - and the show here was pretty good = I actually found two deals - one was really good on a milsurp rifle and the other wasn't a bargain but the price was what it should be - not inflated. That later was a private seller... The bargain was actually an ffl dealer -but milsurps weren't his thing and apparently he got the rifle for a song...

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    You might want to try again. I live in San Antonio - and the show here was pretty good = I actually found two deals - one was really good on a milsurp rifle and the other wasn't a bargain but the price was what it should be - not inflated. That later was a private seller... The bargain was actually an ffl dealer -but milsurps weren't his thing and apparently he got the rifle for a song...
    If you can make the Fort Worth Original Gun show you would be surprised. I went in early 2023 and was very impressed with number of dealers. Plus a bonus for me was selling couple of guns to finance a new semi-auto shotgun.

Back on the topic of new definition proposed rule of who is a gun dealer and needs FFL. The rule is only proposed so far and has to go through long process before final approval. Giving many of the 2A advocates time to prepare lawsuits like for the pistol brace rule. If this new rule goes into effect it will make the 2024 elections even more important to get the right minded reps in Congress and White House to reverse the rules.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Publised 9/8.

Comment period open thru Pearl Harbor Day (12/7/23).

ETA: of the 12,000+ comments received already, the vast majority (11,148) are meaningless canned letters supporting the rule.

Because the NPRM is adopting the definitions required by law (BCSA), there’s not much to successfully argue. Note personal collection, personal collection of firearms, and personal firearms collection are now defined by BCSA and implemented via the NPRM.

Note also there is objective criteria for presumptively being engaged in the business. For high volume traders and private sellers, this is where your comments are needed and can potentially influence the outcome.

Last edited:

DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    More on hidden anti-2A parts of this new law from the Truth about Guns blog.

In what seems to be another attempt at discouraging firearm activities, the Department of Education has decided to withhold the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) funds from hunting and archery education programs nationwide....The specific provision in the act was an amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which prohibits federal funds from going to programs that “provide to any person a dangerous weapon or training in the use of a dangerous weapon.”

From the Truth about Guns blog some senators waking up to disaster that is the law that Senator Cornyn was the lead on getting past into law. Give the anti-2A crowd any leeway they will go on forever.

“The administration has stated its intent to ‘move the U.S. as close to universal background checks as possible without additional legislation.’ But Congress has not authorized universal background checks, and the administration does not have the authority to impose this policy unilaterally,” the letter read. …

The senators argued that the proposal misinterprets the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act’s language in order to place firearm purchases under the ATF’s purview. Notably, the rule ignores the legislation’s exemption for a person who occasionally engages in firearm transactions from being labeled a firearms dealer.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LAKRAMER1211
    Top Bottom