ARJ Defense ad

Outdated/Useless Gun stuff of Yesteryear..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Dardick, and it's trounds

download (43).jpeg
    The-Dardick-Revolver-11.jpg

Nearly bought one for $300

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I strongly disagree.

For the actual size show me a better option. If your option starts with "it's a little bigger but....." then no.

I had my Montana aka my MT husband buy 2 as in TWO NAA revolvers within the last couple of years.

I know some retired LE and military men who carry them (Back east for sure - my OLD friends.) and some other people who use them for a back up gun OR where the SIZE matters in carrying a gun.

One of them (NAA) is by my husband's Lazy Boy Chair right now and he normally carries a .380 acp or a 45acp pistol on a DAILY BASIS too.

We are into knives as some of you may or may not know and have been most of our lives.

My late husband (Great Lakes region in farm/lake country where I lived with him for over 30 years in the former house that we built together.) and my own NY/MD family plus my MT husband were raised around KNIVES.

I NEVER owned or bought a NAA revolver for MYSELF. I thought about it though and I spoke to NAA way back when in the late 90's and ON.

I have not shot his NAA revolvers but I NO longer shoot, own or carry ANY handguns due to my old lady hand issues.

I DO shoot some very specific rifles.

I DO carry and USE fixed blade quality made knives. I do not use folding/pocket knives for MYSELF but I did in the PAST.

Two super close friends here in Montana who walk, exercise, HIKE, hunt, etc. with my husband on a daily basis carry a NAA too.

Plus one of those SAME men goes to my husband's Church too. That one man ALWAYS has a knife or two knives on him AND he ALWAYS carries one OR two guns on him. That man's late Dad was a sheriff's deputy too. So that close friend - man carries in Church too. Church and Bible Study since they don't have expensive 'guards' and the DOORS are ALWAYS OPEN for people to come in when they have something going on.
    It is a SMALL building - Small Church with not many 'hiding places' if some criminal wanted to ENTER and harm someone.

My MT husband carries at Church and at Bible Study too.

Plus my husband ALWAYS has a knife or two of them on him too. He has always carried a KNIFE on his body or in his pocket for his entire life - he grew up that way as I did. (We are in our 70's.)

KNIVES were not a NO NO when I grew up like how people ACT NOW if they see a knife ON a person or from their pocket or purse or briefcase.

There are a LOT of ex military, older and younger men, retired men, working and retired policemen who attend his gym, go to other places where he goes plus at his SMALL Church.

NINE or maybe eight out of TEN of those men carry a KNIFE and a GUN on them - ALL OF THE TIME.

Plus in my very BIG, 2 story with a full basement former house back east and in my SMALL house that I built out here - I had KNIVES and my own former handguns on the first and second floors but not in my basement. (I did not keep a GUN in the basement and it was not 'finished or heated'. It usually was in the 50's or so down there. There was a KNIFE down there though.)

My late husband had a couple of his 'tools' spread out and around the house and garage too. NOT in the small barn though.

Even when he was dying of cancer, he told me that since I was more able and caring for him in our house - to ALWAYS keep a GUN and a knife close to me as I did when he was healthy and strong.

And to NEVER EVER give up the IDEA of self preservation - self defense as I got OLDER or as a WIDOW or even if I ever remarried at any age.

Old Lady Cate

(I will be 74 years old this summer if I should LIVE so long and there will ALWAYS be a fixed blade - quality knife on me when I go OUT or CLOSE TO ME in my own house. Plus I have some 'hawks and a sweet camp axe - Estwing. Some others are here too.)

TYPOS and added more!

Last edited:

Catherine1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    USA
    I gifted my MT husband a NIB SAK knife from SW out here with not so many do dads on it plus several of my other PERSONAL folding/pocket knives several years ago. This is when I went to using FIXED BLADE knives more and, later on, only using FB knives due to my hand issues.

Plus some of my late husband's knives too.

My late husband was into knives as I previously stated and I gave some very specific knives to his BEST friend and to some other people back east too. One of them was a nice SAK knife too.

My late husband had MANY PA, NY, German, English, etc. made quality made knives.

Plus his military knives from the USN - on a destroyer (Nam era and all around the world time.) and Air NG Fighter Wing time.

Some of those KNIFE companies were VERY famous and many of them closed up or merged.

Other ones are still IN business.

Old Lady Cate

Top Bottom