• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Two less Flat Brims that we, the good citizens of America have to put up with.
    ARJ Defense ad

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    That store owner should have taken that 'memorial' and shoved it in a trash can and any mementos that followed from the family and friends of the SOBs that tried to rob the place. Quit treating POS criminals like they are worthy of something other than the cold plot of ground they bought with their choices.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    When I lived in Maryland a few "good kids" spent their free time sticking up gas stations and convenience stores. They were all middle class and average or above in academics and high school sports.

One night the ringleader stuck a pistol in a storekeeper's face and ended up with a shotgun blast to his own face.

Their high school held a candlelight memorial for them, and some students even protested at the store "demanding justice."

You can't make this stuff up.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    You give stupid a bad name.

I suppose it's possible that I'm the stupidest person on the forum. I do have fun with it, though.

My research reveals almost no amplifying information.

Shooter was a friend of the store-owner. He hears commotion, so he comes out of the basement. I think my analysis tells me that he used an exit from the basement to the outside of the store. An exit like that is common with basements up there. In any case, he tells them to stop - they draw their weapons - he gives each one a single shot to the chest. One robber is DRT; the other moves 20 feet and is dead.

One robber was a 21-year old father of four.

I'm sure none of us know those families. I guess it's possible that the lady boo-hooing on the TV may have a job changing tires at Discount Tire for 12 hours a day. I don't know how likely that is.

The sudden need to pay for a funeral has to be a shock for quite a lot of the people who live within the city of Reading. I would imagine they all had that money just one month ago when they got their so-called "tax refunds". That money tends to go very quickly, though.

I'm sure I'm over-thinking it, wondering about things that don't really concern any of us.

I was in Reading about this time last year to bury my grandmother. We almost let her get buried in the wrong plot. That's another story for another day.

I wonder if I'm the only one who watched the video and almost immediately thought "Holy hell! They have their own Wendy Davis." I'm talking about the newscaster lady.

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Well folks. I'm going to go out on a limb and be the one guy who sticks up for the family (somewhat).
    I love my kids to death and I am loyal to them. My kids could make a lot of mistakes and I would still love them. There are limits to this, but the act that these punks did are withing those limits.
    So, I don't blame the family for being angry and irrationally wanting justice (the amount of grief they are experiencing would explain that). But I do think Mama and Papa (if there is one) failed to raise their children right and that is why they are where they are today.

And the police are doing what they should - ignoring a family's pleas for justice (since they actually received the justice they had coming) and upholding the law.

I do my best to raise my kids right and I'm pretty damn sure that none of my children will ever end up like these kids. But if they did, I'd love them and try to protect them, right after I whipped the ever-loving shit out of them.

As for the shooter, glad things worked out the way they did, but once they removed the gun from the storekeeper's direction, I would be out of sight, trying to get a plate, and calling the police.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Nobody blames the family for being upset, or "wanting" justice for their child, unfortunately their children were idiots & got burned playing with fire.

Lucas Mccain

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2012
    Trophy Club Texas
    What's wrong is if the family of the dead wants to retaliate against the shooter protecting his life. This is why "Wanting Justice" scares me becasue they may look to take it in their own hands if they see that the police is wrong and thinks their little "Baby" is innocent.

ECS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2014
    Victoria TX
    If you do a search that looks something like +reading +shot +robber you'd see that they apparently have a problem up there.

An 18-year old tries to rob a 53-year old at a laundromat with a sawed-off bolt action rifle. They get in a scuffle, the older man gets shot in the head, yet he's able to drive himself to the hospital. Then the 18-year old is arrested when he shows up at the hospital for treatment.

How is it that an 18-year old receives injuries that require treatment in that scenario?

Two teens knock a 65-year old man off a bicycle. He shoots the 16-year old dead. The 15-year old is shot but survives.

I would imagine the DA is tired of all that. I would imagine the people are, too.

I'd like to feel for those families. I would imagine the people of Reading have long since grown tired of the attitudes they see out of "those people", though.

xd.40

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    dallas tx
    "what if everyone patrolled the city with hand gun on their side, how much worse is it going to get"- Uhm, its going to get better. just like thay did with your thug relative.

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    When I lived in Maryland a few "good kids" spent their free time sticking up gas stations and convenience stores. They were all middle class and average or above in academics and high school sports.

One night the ringleader stuck a pistol in a storekeeper's face and ended up with a shotgun blast to his own face.

Their high school held a candlelight memorial for them, and some students even protested at the store "demanding justice."

You can't make this stuff up.

It's amazing how stupid people are. They are too quick to forget the dead:
    a) were committing a violent crime
    b) are not protected against the use of deadly force because of 'a'

I always wonder, If these kids are so "good," why do they get themselves killed by committing crimes.

you will never understand the left. these are the same people who want a list of CHL holders, but think its invasive to make sex offender info public.

Burnt Jeep

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2014
    Woodway,TX
    I have two issues with the families statements. One they keep referring to them as "good kids" but they were all Adults. They are trying to use that term to skew other peoples perception of the robbers. Second the cousin is stating that armed citizens protecting themselves would be a bad situation but defends his family members carrying and using a gun to rob people. It's bad to them when citizens arm and protect themselves because it makes the criminals job dangerous.

Odiferous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Evans, Georgia
    I have two issues with the families statements. One they keep referring to them as "good kids" but they were all Adults. They are trying to use that term to skew other peoples perception of the robbers. Second the cousin is stating that armed citizens protecting themselves would be a bad situation but defends his family members carrying and using a gun to rob people. It's bad to them when citizens arm and protect themselves because it makes the criminals job dangerous.

I hate it when the press refers to 18- and 19-year olds as "teenagers." They're adults. Young adults, maybe, but adults nonetheless.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    No I personally wouldn't think of a 18 or 19 as a kid legally that is doing violent crimes.
    I also don't think that most people are smart enough to vote at that age due to life experience and still consider them as kids.

Top Bottom