Target Sports

People I hate, even though I've never met most of them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    First: People who don't realize that you're supposed to accelerate on an on-ramp. If the traffic on the freeway is going by at 65 and you get to the merge point doing 45, you shouldn't be on the goddamn freeway. Bonus points for the morons who do this then shoot across two busy lanes. Extra bonus points if they go all the way to the fast lane. Mega bonus if they keep doing 45 the whole time they're on the freeway.

Second: People who use their high beams to make up for a deficiency with their lows. Either because one of their lows is out (I can imagine them driving around for months before taking five minutes to change the bulb) or because they think their lows aren't bright enough (I've actually got a BMW in the shop right now with that complaint... high beams were on :banghead:) Nothing like saying "gee, I'm having a little trouble seeing, so I'd better blind everybody else on the road!" It should be legal to put these folks down at the side of the road. Big bonus points if they run high beams at dawn/dusk - you don't need headlights to see, but because of the light conditions the highs are bright enough to blind other drivers. Geniuses.

I'll think of more later. I've got a lot of hate.
    Target Sports

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    The one type of people that bug me when driving are the "Lets come to a complete stop in the road before I turn right into the store, restaurant and what not" are they afraid that if they don't come to a complete stop that they will roll the car while turning?

The other one is the people that are on their phones in the left turn lane, because 99 times out of 100 they wont pay attention when the green arrow comes on and I have to honk my horn to make them go, and by then its already turning yellow.

Burt Gummer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Williamson County
    I stopped a middle aged woman a week ago for driving on I 35. She rode in the left hand lane and I saw about 15 cars drive around her and pass her in the middle lane. Well I pulled her over. The first reason is that she was committing 2 (obscure) traffic violations for driving in the left hand lane while not passing etc, the second was that she never hit her brakes or flinched, I thought she might have a medical issue.

I pulled the lady over and of course she starts the attitude before I can even get my name out of my mouth. By her bitchyness, it was safe to assume she did not have a major medical problem. She told me she was not speeding and I agreed and told her about the two traffic laws she might not be familiar with. I also pointed out that there were cars passing her and that the left lane was for passing only, there are often signs all through Texas stating such. She replied, "yeah well nobody pays attention to those roadsigns anyways".
    Bottom line, she was an angry, old, rich bitch. She was driving a brand new Lexus and she talked like a person who is used to getting their way. She tried to argue with me about the law so I asked her when the last time she read the Texas drivers ed/license book they give you to study before the test. She said it was "quite awhile" ago. I would estimate in the 1970's by her age.

I gave her a verbal warning since that law is obscure etc but I wanted to write her a ticket and I would have loved to see her in court and her holier-than-thou attitude in front of the judge.
    My point is that I really hate dealing with the "entitlement" crowd, whether it be teenagers or rich old widows.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Well said. I do not like the people that for whatever reason decide to keep at least 50yards in between them and the rest of the cars in front of them. I especially dislike those that speed up to 80 mph when you try and pass them even tho they will wait for you to get back behind them and start going 45 again.
    Round 2.) If these people would drive when their phone was on I'd have no problem with this but .... These people drive 45 while the phone call is going and 95 when they turn it off.
    And when it when it rains there is always guys that think that 45 is the magic number and the rest think 90 is good. And if there is a cop on freeway forget about it they slow down to 45 and hold the officer and the rest of the traffic up but lord they aren't going to speed!

Young Gun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    DFW, TX
    I also get really frustrated when there is a cop ahead and EVERYONE is afraid to pass him, even if he is driving under the limit. I pass cops all the time and have never had a problem because of it. It's probably because I don't speed the rest of the time, so I'm not always paranoid about getting pulled over. Everyone else doing 80MPH+ on the freeway sees a cop and freaks out, like he is going to know 3 miles back you were speeding and cut off 5 other drivers so you could get to your Mocha Frappuccino 27 seconds faster at Starbucks; all while screaming at your children in the back seat and driving with your knees.

I drive a small car so I think I'm naturally a more defensive driver than most other people on the road. But no matter how careful I am, there is always someone out there that is paying absolutely 0 attention. Usually, multiple people.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Since I hate everybody there just not enough time to go through it all - and some of these folks I hate more than others - ROFLMAO!!!!
    Y'all are doing a fine job of hitting on the ones I hate the most, so proceed!

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Geez, I could spend all day here! Of all the idjit drivers I hate, the ones that think they are more important than everyone else on the road and NEVER use a signal of intent, are top of my list.

It is hard to protect yourself against someone weaving in and out of traffic if they don't let everyone around them where they are going. I so bad want a bumper sticker that says "Visualize Using Your Signal Lights". Guys in Hummers, Dodge and 4X4 Ford pickups seem to be the worst of the lot and believe they OWN the road and it is our responsibility to get out of their way.

My gas mileage sucks due to my trying to block Mr. HOT SHOT into a hole he can't get out of!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    To set it up. You are at a red light in the right hand lane. There is another car in the left hand lane. The light turns green and he hauls ass, pulls into the right hand lane ahead of you, then brakes and turns, causing you to have to brake. Hey knucklehead, how about just getting in BEHIND me , since there are no cars back there ANYWAY!.

I laugh at the guy who violently changes lanes on the freeway from left to right, to left...running up on the rear end of other cars desperate to get ahead. I stay in one lane, look far down the road and judge my speed to take advantage of natural gaps, and the doofus keeps passing me, then ending up behind me, then passing me, then behind me, the ahead, then behind.......

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Young'n, I was a cop in a dedicated traffic enforcement unit 25 of my almost 30 years in law enforcement. If I get too old to get pissed at a bad driver, it'll be time to bury me!

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Young'n, I was a cop in a dedicated traffic enforcement unit 25 of my almost 30 years in law enforcement. If I get too old to get pissed at a bad driver, it'll be time to bury me!
    Young un? This 48 year old appreciates that. Just as an FYI, I was a cop too. I have learned to just let it go. Much better on the blood pressure. Although, I do catch myself looking at inspection stickers occasionally.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have issued many citations for "Slower Traffic Fail to Keep Right". The left lane hogs that try to enforce their version of the Transportation Code deserve special attention. As far as "blocking someone in"? I firmly believe I want any and all drivers crazier and drunker than me to be IN FRONT OF ME so they cannot run into me.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    Aw heck, tell me it isn't fun to see someone blasting through traffic, passing everything in front of them and you see his next move coming ....... and YOU are in position to slide up a little and trap his butt behind paw paw in a Roadmaster. You KNOW you'd do it too!

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    People who don't care how fast they run over speedbumps, Whatever...but they expect me to fly over them. I choose to go slow over them and they get right on my bumper...seems I REALLY slow down when that happens...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    To set it up. You are at a red light in the right hand lane. There is another car in the left hand lane. The light turns green and he hauls ass, pulls into the right hand lane ahead of you, then brakes and turns, causing you to have to brake. Hey knucklehead, how about just getting in BEHIND me , since there are no cars back there ANYWAY!.

I laugh at the guy who violently changes lanes on the freeway from left to right, to left...running up on the rear end of other cars desperate to get ahead. I stay in one lane, look far down the road and judge my speed to take advantage of natural gaps, and the doofus keeps passing me, then ending up behind me, then passing me, then behind me, the ahead, then behind.......

I forgot about those guys! I don't much care for them either. But the ones I really get annoyed with are the ones that go slower than the traffic around them and when someone tries to pass they speed up and try and block the guy or gal trying to pass. If you're going slower than the rest of the traffic just get in a slower moving lane. (And I'm not talking about the folks going 70 in the left lane when the limit is 65. I'm talking about the guy going 30 in the left lane when the posted is 65.)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    People who don't care how fast they run over speedbumps, Whatever...but they expect me to fly over them. I choose to go slow over them and they get right on my bumper...seems I REALLY slow down when that happens...

It's funny you know, my car slows down when someone get to close to. Huh! It must be a safety feature or something.;)

Top Bottom