Lynx Defense

People I hate, even though I've never met most of them.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    One my biggest "hates" on the highway is the guy that insists on running up my ass in heavy highway traffic where all lanes are clogged as far as you can see... and flashes his headlights for me to get out of his way. I'm generally not the guy he wishes I was at that point.

I'm pretty indignant towards the guy that switches lanes 20 times per mile trying to weave his way through heavy traffic too. I love watching them get trapped over and over...

IDIOTS!
    Texas SOT

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I stopped a middle aged woman a week ago for driving on I 35. She rode in the left hand lane and I saw about 15 cars drive around her and pass her in the middle lane. Well I pulled her over. The first reason is that she was committing 2 (obscure) traffic violations for driving in the left hand lane while not passing etc, the second was that she never hit her brakes or flinched, I thought she might have a medical issue.

I pulled the lady over and of course she starts the attitude before I can even get my name out of my mouth. By her bitchyness, it was safe to assume she did not have a major medical problem. She told me she was not speeding and I agreed and told her about the two traffic laws she might not be familiar with. I also pointed out that there were cars passing her and that the left lane was for passing only, there are often signs all through Texas stating such. She replied, "yeah well nobody pays attention to those roadsigns anyways".
    Bottom line, she was an angry, old, rich bitch. She was driving a brand new Lexus and she talked like a person who is used to getting their way. She tried to argue with me about the law so I asked her when the last time she read the Texas drivers ed/license book they give you to study before the test. She said it was "quite awhile" ago. I would estimate in the 1970's by her age.

I gave her a verbal warning since that law is obscure etc but I wanted to write her a ticket and I would have loved to see her in court and her holier-than-thou attitude in front of the judge.
    My point is that I really hate dealing with the "entitlement" crowd, whether it be teenagers or rich old widows.

Thank you! I wish more of these idiots would get pulled over for hogging the passing lane.

To set it up. You are at a red light in the right hand lane. There is another car in the left hand lane. The light turns green and he hauls ass, pulls into the right hand lane ahead of you, then brakes and turns, causing you to have to brake. Hey knucklehead, how about just getting in BEHIND me , since there are no cars back there ANYWAY!.

I laugh at the guy who violently changes lanes on the freeway from left to right, to left...running up on the rear end of other cars desperate to get ahead. I stay in one lane, look far down the road and judge my speed to take advantage of natural gaps, and the doofus keeps passing me, then ending up behind me, then passing me, then behind me, the ahead, then behind.......

Yep. And most of the time, you'll get off the freeway and they're still right there near you. All that effort for nothing. Cruise control wins.

I have issued many citations for "Slower Traffic Fail to Keep Right". The left lane hogs that try to enforce their version of the Transportation Code deserve special attention. As far as "blocking someone in"? I firmly believe I want any and all drivers crazier and drunker than me to be IN FRONT OF ME so they cannot run into me.

You are my hero!

And forget blocking anybody in. Not worth it.

I forgot about those guys! I don't much care for them either. But the ones I really get annoyed with are the ones that go slower than the traffic around them and when someone tries to pass they speed up and try and block the guy or gal trying to pass. If you're going slower than the rest of the traffic just get in a slower moving lane. (And I'm not talking about the folks going 70 in the left lane when the limit is 65. I'm talking about the guy going 30 in the left lane when the posted is 65.)

You just have to learn how to use them. If you ever need to find a gap in traffic, find one of these assholes. Then just give him a fake pass. All you have to do is get up fender to fender if you time it right... then as he accelerates to block you out, tap the brakes gently and slide in behind.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    I remember one time coming back from Lake of the Ozarks at night, some guy in a truck was coming at me with his brights on. So I flashed mine at him to turn his off.
    Big mistake, them weren't his brights, and when he did turn on his brights I was blind for a few seconds. Pitch black out, eyes fully dilated and his brights were about three time brighter than the blinding normal headlights on his truck.

Some times them what you think are brights, aint. And you don't want to see the real ones.

WhoDat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I seriously don't know how Y'all handle those situations, as it would drive me nuts. About 12 years ago, as I was coming back from a Guard weekend in California, I almost hit two cars that were stopped in the middle of a dangerous mountain pass (it had just started raining). The cars had been involved in a fender-bender, on a blind curve, and were staying in-place for insurance reasons. I pulled over and saw about six other cars almost hit them, within a minute... cars were wiping out everywhere. I yelled at them to GTF off the road, and they said they were waiting for the police. After a few more near misses, the younger couple in front pulled off the road. But the elderly lady in her new Jaguar, insisted on staying in the middle of the road.

I finally ran across the road, opened her door, and pretty much pushed her over into the passenger seat. As I drove into the shoulder, she was threatening me, and asking my name for a lawsuit. She started spouting some BS about how her son was a lawyer, and I would now be responsible for the wreck... a wreck she caused. I didn't give her my name, but she was savvy enough to lift my name and rank off my uniform.

Anyhow, 10 minutes later, the cops showed up. They surveyed the situation, chatted with everyone for a few, and then told me I should scram. I volunteered to stick around and even testify, but the officer said something like "trust me, you don't want to deal with this". So, I bolted. I can't imagine dealing with that stuff on an almost daily basis.

Nothing against age, BTW (and I'm starting to get up there), but this chick was seriously Cruella De'ville. She acted as if she owned all that she surveyed, and talked down to the person trying to save her skin, as if he was a peon. No, couldn't pay me enough.

My point is that I really hate dealing with the "entitlement" crowd, whether it be teenagers or rich old widows.

Rabies

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Texas
    When you're driving down the road, doing the speed limit, no cars behind you and a few blocks ahead you see a car pull up to the stop sign at a side street. They wait at the sign until you're a quarter of a block from them and then pull out and go 10 mph slower than you. Why? You had all day to pull out before I got there. There's no one behind me. You could have gone right after I passed. Knuckle head.

People who don't signal and people who leave the signal on. And people who signal one way and then go another.

Everyone who says, "It never snows or ices here. We don't know how to drive on this." It has snowed and iced every year I've lived here. Yes, it sucks to drive on but, don't act like it never happens.

And the drunk drivers in the DFW. Wow! Does anyone driver sober between 2 and 7am on a Saturday or Sunday?

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    When you're driving down the road, doing the speed limit, no cars behind you and a few blocks ahead you see a car pull up to the stop sign at a side street. They wait at the sign until you're a quarter of a block from them and then pull out and go 10 mph slower than you. Why? You had all day to pull out before I got there. There's no one behind me. You could have gone right after I passed. Knuckle head.

Add to this the idiots who decide to merge right in front of you when there is nobody behind you for a mile and a half. They could have just decelerated a little bit and dropped in behind you, but nooooooo.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Louisana drivers... MOST OF THEM!!!

I have driven through there on my way to Atlanta a time or two and every time I am in Lousiana I can be on the cruise control at 70-75 and will pass a car, ten minutes later that car is passing me, ten minutes after that I am passing them again, and it keeps on and on... mind you... this is all while on cruise control that I never had to take off to pass them or be passed by them...

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    Psshh...You native Texans don't know how good you have it. I grew up in Maryland, and learned to drive in and around Baltimore. Texas, even downtown San Antonio during rush hour, or Dallas on I-30 during construction doesn't hold a candle to Baltimore from 7am-10am, or DC on any weekday. You want to see stupid drivers, head northeast. The worst trouble I had when I first moved to Texas is figuring out why San Antonio let a drunk 5 year old design it's highway system. I got in a yield fight with a guy because I didn't know WTF a frontage road was or how to negotiate it, so I stopped, and he was yielding to me trying to get off of I-10.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    The big problem I have is people that pull out in front of me. I dont understand why people cant wait till after Ive gone by them? Especially on 1431 by that sonic.. good grief!

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    I've noticed it doesn't matter how many lanes are open, the guy that pulls out from a stop sign will ALWAYS go to MY lane and I have to change lanes to go by him. Not really a big hassle, just interesting that no matter where I'm at on the road, he will go to that lane.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Yes, the people who do not know to turn to the FIRST available lane. They are too damn lazy to actually turn the steering wheel enough to turn to the first lane. They go to the LAST lane.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I used to get a kick out of the cops that would follow me for 5 - 10 miles while I was driving home after the car meet.

I love people that try to intimidate you on the road with their cars thinking that some-how their 5000 lb. Dodge Ram entitles them to drive like an idiot, or the people that change lanes in front of you with inches (literally) to spare. I usually just act like they are not there, in fact, I had a guy merge into my lane without a signal and I rode the same 2" off his bumper until he decided to move back into his lane.

People that don't make me mad are the people that cut you off but instead of driving slow, they get on it and speed up to the flow of traffic.

People that when it comes time to merge 2 lanes into 1 that push ahead to try to cut in front of the line are my pet peeve though. I enraged some lady one day because I wouldn't let her cut in front of me on IH35. She had 2 wheels off in the grass before she decided that I wasn't going to move, then proceeded to jump behind me and ride my ass, flashing her lights, and for the grand finale, she then tried to act like she was going to run me off the road (swerving at me). Little did she know that I was fully intent on driving my Nissan into her rear quarter and committing to a PIT maneuver, LOL.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Yes, the people who do not know to turn to the FIRST available lane. They are too damn lazy to actually turn the steering wheel enough to turn to the first lane. They go to the LAST lane.

So if you are making a left hand turn you have to turn into the left most lane? That's how I've always remembered it, but I don't know if it's right. It makes sense at a 4-way since the oppo traffic is turning onto the right most lane.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    My favorite drivers are the ones who need to get over to exit but decide not to use a signal and cut someone off at the last second to get onto/off a highway (183N from Mopac comes to mind). They are basically willing to endanger the property and potentially lives of others(patiently waiting) for a few seconds of their own time. If they would just use a signal I would gladly let them over but instead they'll cut you off while slamming on their brakes and then drive off after you get rear-ended by someone else. I hope the day never comes when I will be willing to sacrifice some of my time for their property/lives but you never know.

CZ guy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Left of Galveston Bay
    When making a left turn, unless turn marks indicate otherwise (like when two lanes turn left), you may go to ANY lane open that moves in that direction.

A right turn requires you to be at the right hand curb and turn into the right hand lane. Curb to curb.

And when making a right on red......... the law says you must STOP first. I had a delivery guy the other day griping that the law changed and you have to stop now. He didn't believe me when I told him that was always the law. (Yeah, he drives a TRUCK for a living!)

Top Bottom