• Which would you choose?

• Total voters

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Porsche. A buddy had a vette a few decades ago and we spent more time fixing things that would break than our old junkers back in high school. But in reality I'd probably skip both for the same reason as someone else stated. I'm older and crawling out of either is not graceful in my age. I found that about 10 years ago when I had a low profile sports car.
    Target Sports

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    20220124_083452.jpg
    [ATTACH
    20220124_083530.jpg
    20220122_164543.jpg
    =full]348822[/ATTACH]
    20220122_164458.jpg

This came in a while back. A guy bought it for his Dad's birthday but it was having some electrical gremlins

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Two werds fer ya!

Crown Vic! (or Gran Marquis)

View attachment 348815

:roflsmile:
    1977 one buddy had a brand new Grand Marquis and another bought a brand new Crown Vic. I can still picture cruising around listing to The Talking Heads & other music you would never expect from an old mans car.

And that was both of their rational that most cops aint figuring on WTF was happing behind the tinted glass of a senior citizens ride.

The Grande Marquis ended up taking a bath in Lake Michigan after I moved to Texas. I think they went up to catch Smelt or Alewife.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    I’ve had 5 Corvettes and 2 911’s. I like them both for different reasons. The Vettes are explosive, in-your-face fun. The Porsche 911’s also have alot of power but it is more linear and subdued than the Vette. Different personalities. I didn’t have many mechanical issues with either. I raced my last corvette at the drag strip in Sealy and got low 12’s with just long tubes and an open exhaust. Both really fun. No room for anything larger than a cheeseburger in either one. My current daily driver 2011 Camaro SS is alot more practical, still fast (I like fast cars) but good trunk space and easy entry/exit.

Last edited:

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    911 GT4 would be my choice of the 2.

I want a 63 split back vette coupe. Candy apple red please.

Not a daily driver.

Back in 1990, there was a classic car place in Houston on BW8 between 59 & 45. I stopped in one day with my dad when I was about 15. They had Hemi's in all flavors of cars, but the 1 car I've always wanted was a 63 Split window. They had a red with white racing stripes, side pipes & some fat tires on the back on some Centerline rims. They wanted $10,500 for it. We was poor so it sat there & I didn't drive it home. I was very disappointed because it would have made a killer 16th B-day present.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

Back in 1990, there was a classic car place in Houston on BW8 between 59 & 45. I stopped in one day with my dad when I was about 15. They had Hemi's in all flavors of cars, but the 1 car I've always wanted was a 63 Split window. They had a red with white racing stripes, side pipes & some fat tires on the back on some Centerline rims. They wanted $10,500 for it. We was poor so it sat there & I didn't drive it home. I was very disappointed because it would have made a killer 16th B-day present.
    My brother bought a 59 Corvette to take his now wife to the prom in. Short;y after that he blew up the enging & shoved it into dad's 2.5 car garage. He decided he was going to buld up the enging more & do a restoration on it. The motor & transmission were pulled & he starts. I guess he was one love struck fool because nothing else was done.

My dad pissed & moaned about that car for a couple of years taking up room in his garagemaking getting the mower or snow blower out a PITA. Next thing you know my brothers getting married, and there was no progress on his vette. Finally my dad told him he either moves it or the old man would.

My brother writes an ad for the Jolly Shopper a local free paper. His the girlfriend calls in the add & it got all phuced up being listed as a 1959 Vette $500.00. This was long before cell phones & number given was our house. My brother was never home as he was either working or in pussy heaven. And theme to call was after 6:00 pm. All it took was one night of retards calling up not even knowing a Vette was a Vet. The ad was cancled but out in print. So the calls lasted 2-3 months. My brother got the car moved real quick because dad would rather watch it burn then be without his garage. My brother priorities changed as he had a early 70's Nova that was way over built & cost him big money in tickets and replacing parts.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I had a C6 and it was a fine daily driver. Traded in on a 2017 GT350 and I’m still happy about the change. Aside from everything else, you can’t get a manual transmission in a GT500 or a C8 Corvette. Sure, paddle shifters are faster but I’m still a fan of manuals.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Neither. And if I were to be given either, or both, it, or they, would be sold by the end of the month.

I was never really that much of a sports car guy.

With one exception. The Lamborghini Countach, without the whale fin.

Otherwise, a pickup will do.

Last edited:

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

My uncle had a '63. I sat in it. I lusted after it. I was depressed when he sold it.

'63 split back coupe in candy apple red, white interior w red piping that matched the car's color. A rebuilt 327 motor w side pipes. I was poor as dirt back then w 3 small kids and couldn't afford the $27K he sold it for.

But my lust for that car or one like it has never gone away. If I find myself sitting on crazy money one day, I will find one and buy it.

My uncle also had a '74 (or '76?) L88 Vette. I never got to drive that one.

Last edited:

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Which woul you choose for a daily driver a Porsche or a Corvette?Personally I'd choose a Porsche because they are ten times the car the Corvette is and Corvettes are way over-ated an way over-priced for what they are.
    My thoughts exactly.

Corvette. But not a new one. I had a 1962 and that's the year model I would want.
    If I absolutely had to go with a Corvette, it would be a 63 to 67.they lost their personalities in 68 and later.
    I didn't like the looks of the first Vettes but would take one over the newer ones.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    LOL.....all the talk about a 63 split window..........

When I bought our first home as a SGT., the next door neighbor had one for sale........the wife said there wasn't room for two kiddie car seats and the answer was an emphatic...no..................

He sold it for $2500.00.....

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    I have a friend that was a Porsche mechanic for years, he would never own one. He agreed they are fun but expensive if you can't work on them yourself. And no, even knowing how to work on them he wouldn't own one. I have driven a vette but that is all I know. I like the late 60's models and I admittedly like the new Ferrari look alikes out today. Wouldn't own either one.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Had a 911 Targa, and later a 928. I loved both of them. My mechanic loved them too. They put his kids through school...

My coworker has a Corvette. When we take it to lunch you have to avoid about half of the bumps or entrances to avoid the scraping noise underneath.

A stock Corvette is a hell of a good track car. If you don’t believe me give Spring Mountain in Nevada a few bucks, and they will let you prove it. Everyone knows the new one is, I am talking a C5 or C6…

Top Bottom