• Total voters

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    A friend has an older Maserati............same thing...he does his own maintenance or otherwise couldn't afford it....

Some of the older import super cars had be had for a reasonable price.......but parts and maintenance aren't reasonable.....................

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Neither. I hate both, but for different reasons than most.

Both are far, far too low to the ground for me and my back & hips to want to climb in and out of.

Both are a pain in the ass to load onto a flatbed or trailer without scraping - they require additional ramping / blocking. If you screw up - I know from personal experience that the stupid little air splitter on a Porche is over a thousand bucks to replace.

What would I pick instead? If we're talking money is no object - and thus repair costs and upkeep are likewise no object - then I'd probably go with an Audi A6S - it'll go fast enough for my desires, they're easier to get in and out of, and they benefit from the road hugging all wheel drive system.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    My dream vehicle
    Twin Commander
    18c2a39ecab7e538030116b9a1639429.jpg

Or

Aerostar 702
    98774283b8ded8b8010a0c6a98d8bf67.jpg

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    Y’all gonna laugh at me, but I’d go Miata if I could fit. Almost bought one about 5 years ago, but they are just on the line of not tall enough. I like fast cars as much as anyone else, but it’s a damn hoot to drive a slow car fast. If I had more garage space or at min more covered parking, I’d seriously consider a scat pack challenger with manual trans while they are still available. Never considered a MOPAR , but this might be the only time I would.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    Had a 911 Targa, and later a 928. I loved both of them. My mechanic loved them too. They put his kids through school...

My coworker has a Corvette. When we take it to lunch you have to avoid about half of the bumps or entrances to avoid the scraping noise underneath.

A stock Corvette is a hell of a good track car. If you don’t believe me give Spring Mountain in Nevada a few bucks, and they will let you prove it. Everyone knows the new one is, I am talking a C5 or C6…
    The C5 is a very capable car and dirt cheap. Same for earlier C6’s. So many guys baby them that there are super low mileage cars for low prices.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Y’all gonna laugh at me, but I’d go Miata if I could fit. Almost bought one about 5 years ago, but they are just on the line of not tall enough. I like fast cars as much as anyone else, but it’s a damn hoot to drive a slow car fast. If I had more garage space or at min more covered parking, I’d seriously consider a scat pack challenger with manual trans while they are still available. Never considered a MOPAR , but this might be the only time I would.

Miatas are the poor man's super car tho. Yeah, its a chick car. But they go like hell, they're light weight, and compared to "real" sports cars they were cheap. I've known a lot of middle aged men in love with their Miatas. They didn't even wear pink crocs or skirts (not saying some didn't have them in the closet, but that's beside the point)
    default_lmao.gif

Wildcat Diva

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2016
    I would choose neither car. Have no interest in them. Seems like a good way to get car jacked in the city. Maybe a truck or something that is 4WD and can hold all my shit i tend to lug around. See? Practical.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    My Son enjoyed driving the Vette and Porsche to high school once in awhile....getting insurance on those cars for under age drivers was costly...........

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    Not gong to laugh. I have a 2006 Miata with the retractable hard top.
    Loads of fun to drive. No it does not have lots of horse power, but enough for what I want to do with it.
    I don't need that much power, I already know how big my ____ is and don't need to prove it to anyone.

Top Bottom