• Total voters

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Neither. I hate both, but for different reasons than most.

Both are far, far too low to the ground for me and my back & hips to want to climb in and out of.

Both are a pain in the ass to load onto a flatbed or trailer without scraping - they require additional ramping / blocking. If you screw up - I know from personal experience that the stupid little air splitter on a Porche is over a thousand bucks to replace.

What would I pick instead? If we're talking money is no object - and thus repair costs and upkeep are likewise no object - then I'd probably go with an Audi A6S - it'll go fast enough for my desires, they're easier to get in and out of, and they benefit from the road hugging all wheel drive system.
    Had an A4 for a while. Pretty comfortable, quiet and deceptively fast. All while getting 36mpg hwy. Traded her in this year before I had to start paying for the maintenance.
    Hurley's Gold

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    My teenage years, 1960's, speed shop/gas station across the street did a lot of work ie tune ups on Corvette's. The owner of the shop taught me to drive and let me take my driving test in his 1968 427, 4 speed Corvette. I passed! I'd take a Corvette! Ronald McDonald House has a raffle every year one of the cars you can win is a C-8. https://rmhccv.org/collector-car-drawing/

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    The C8 is a very capable supercar. But my C6 (and maybe the C7) was still front engine, rear wheel drive with a pushrod engine and a manual transmission if you preferred. And a leaf spring rear suspension. It was a serious performer, especially in the later models with more power. That’s just good old American muscle, applied carefully and well.

Top Bottom