• Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Thanks for sharing this info…

“Effective August 1st, 2021, The Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle can again now be used at Project Appleseed clinics.”
    There was a few that had issues early on, where they would discharge or some such. They had a lot of input into that Tipman 22 design.

Appleseed a super group of volunteers.They talk about American Revolutionary History in between range sessions. They really promote proper sling usage- you'll need a GI cotton Garand sling. Big on safety, of course. They teach the fundamentals - great for new or young shooters.

You try to do the old Army AQT test- standing, sitting, prone. If you complete it, you get to become a Rifleman !

Appleseed2-2810570965.jpg
    Guns International

Last edited:

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    They have single-day clinics, but I suggest 2-day to get full effect. reasonable- $40+ 10 for range fee when I went.

Not real popular in Texas. It's fun to go to different ones in different States. They do a long-range one, as well. Pistol was added, too, but not done that one yet. .22 ...or .223 if you have a lot of $$ to burn.

rifleman.jpeg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Funny… never thought about that!

the answer is no

I did buy a stock Ruger bolt charging handle but decided to use the Volquartsen extended one instead… so I’m sending the Ruger charging handle back to Brownells
    So basically, it's not a 10/22. Is it a ghost gun? Or, is it serialized to another manufacturer?

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    So basically, it's not a 10/22. Is it a ghost gun? Or, is it serialized to another manufacturer?
    They do make 10/22 80%ers. Never done one ....yet.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    They do make 10/22 80%ers. Never done one ....yet.

My point is that I believe 10/22 is a registered trademark of Ruger. Even if you start with a 10/22, change everything but the receiver housing, it's still a serialized 10/22. Otherwise it's a .22 caliber rifle somewhat styled after a 10/22.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    So basically, it's not a 10/22. Is it a ghost gun? Or, is it serialized to another manufacturer? serialized… just like the receiver for an AR or another rifle

It’s serialized… had to be shipped to my LGS/FFL dealer

it’s just that this is a Brownells branded receiver (have no idea who makes it for them)…

Just like you can buy Anderson lower for an AR… or a PSA lower or BCA lower… etc etc

hope that helps explain

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    My point is that I believe 10/22 is a registered trademark of Ruger. Even if you start with a 10/22, change everything but the receiver housing, it's still a serialized 10/22. Otherwise it's a .22 caliber rifle somewhat styled after a 10/22.
    In this case… exactly “styled” after a 10/22…:take all the parts apart… put a Ruger branded receiver in it and put all parts back together and it will be a Ruger 10/22

same goes if you buy parts and receivers from Kidd, Powder River Precision, Volquartsen, etc

probably why no one says they built a Ruger 10/22… they just say they built a 10/22

dunno for sure… but don’t care either :)

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    They have single-day clinics, but I suggest 2-day to get full effect. reasonable- $40+ 10 for range fee when I went.

Not real popular in Texas. It's fun to go to different ones in different States. They do a long-range one, as well. Pistol was added, too, but not done that one yet. .22 ...or .223 if you have a lot of $$ to burn.

View attachment 437789
    thank you for suggesting and supporting

however, I gave up going to organized shoots after spending a few years shooting trap (on my company’s team) and shooting precison pistol (bullseye) matches

While both were enjoyable for a spell… ’twas too much time commitment for me… now I just shoot recreationally when I can

I’m lucky to have a few acquaintances I run into at the range once in a while and lucky to have family that shoots with me too occasionally

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    In this case… exactly “styled” after a 10/22…:take all the parts apart… put a Ruger branded receiver in it and put all parts back together and it will be a Ruger 10/22

same goes if you buy parts and receivers from Kidd, Powder River Precision, Volquartsen, etc

probably why no one says they built a Ruger 10/22… they just say they built a 10/22

dunno for sure… but don’t care either :)
    Nothing wrong that. I'm not saying it's bad.

I didn't intend to make a whole new rifle out of my 10/22, it just ended up that way, but it's still a 10/22 due to the receiver. I started out changing out the barrel for a Volquartsen carbon fiber bull barrel.

Iowashooter

Bitter Clinger
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2024
    Iowa
    Nothing wrong that. I'm not saying it's bad.

I didn't intend to make a whole new rifle out of my 10/22, it just ended up that way, but it's still a 10/22 due to the receiver. I started out changing out the barrel for a Volquartsen carbon fiber bull barrel.
    That VQ barrel is on my someday list!

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Is an investment, for sure. I wonder how long they last over the long haul. Particularly since they are bonded....sitting in the truck on a Texas Summer day.

Carbon Fiber Barrel for 10 22 Rifles Volquartsen Firearms.png

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    I build 10/22 off the BRN22 receivers. I have another receiver on the way to do a silver / black build. I’ve used Ruger bolts and BX triggers in the past. Hard to beat that trigger for the price. I enjoy putting 10/22 together more than AR15’s at this point.

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I build 10/22 off the BRN22 receivers. I have another receiver on the way to do a silver / black build. I’ve used Ruger bolts and BX triggers in the past. Hard to beat that trigger for the price. I enjoy putting 10/22 together more than AR15’s at this point.

Definitely cheaper to shoot .... 22lr is mainly what I've been shooting

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I used a CMMG dedicated barrel & slapped it together in less time then it took to get situated at the bench. Mine runs like a stalled dog with Black Dog Machine drums on select fire. I should upgrade the red dots it but I sold my 10/22 & a GSG MP5 for this as I beats them both IMHO.
    Is this what you went with? Are the rest of the parts just AR15 parts? I may go this route since I have all the parts to build a rifle.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Is this what you went with? Are the rest of the parts just AR15 parts? I may go this route since I have all the parts to build a rifle.

I bought an entire upper from Cmmg about 10 years ago for my oldest. Runs like a champ still, lower is just a totally standard AR15. Two pins and an upper swap and it’s a center fire.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!

I went with a shorter barrel & I included the auto sear trip. Your going to want & get the shorter ejection port cover & deflector also.
    WrBo0LLl.jpg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom