• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    So we’ve got another trip planned, figure I’d post a thread about the inevitable shitshow :laughing:

It’s not for a few weeks, but here’s the skinny:
    My carmaker customer is holding a massive press event about an hour inland from San Diego, centered around desert off-roading. It’ll be the entire second week of April and I’ll be repping our company since we’re a supplier and our brand will be on all of the vehicles.

I’ve reserved a nice AirBnB in San Diego to stay at, huge fenced yard for The Boys to run around, and we’ll stay an extra few days to make a little vacation out of it. Company pays for nearly all of it so that’s a plus.

Here’s the fun part. There’s no way we’re subjecting The Boys to that drive. But we roll deep, as in we don’t pack light.

So Mrs. Pronstar and Dani the au pair will fly out with the boys…while I leave two days prior and drive the loaded Suburban with all of our crap.

The Boys have never flown before, and to set everyone up for a successful trip, they’ll only have to travel with a diaper bag on the plane.

Afterward, they’ll fly home and I’ll make the drive. Which I actually enjoy when alone…with a car full of miserable people and kids, not so much.

The Fam can drive up to Orange County and Riverside county to visit friends/family while I’m working.

Particularly my mom…she’s not gonna be with us much longer, and because we all got sick as shit on the last shitshow, I mean trip, she wasn’t able to meet Rowdy, our youngest. So it’s important for us that she at least gets to meet him.

And when I’m not working, we’ll take the kids to the San Diego Zoo (it’s world-class amazing), Sesame Street-land, Lego Land, the beach, maybe the Wild Animal Park.

So what’s the over/under on the fucking Suburban leaving me stranded…we’re 2 for 3 based on the last road trip we’ve taken with it. I’m running out of things to replace :laughing:
    It'll be good, this time?

This gentleman is near the San Diego Zoo. Beech Street.

Actually have purchased parts from him...

Guns International

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    IMG_2056.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    Aaaaaaand we’re off!

Didn’t get out of the house until 7pm.

Thought I’d get a room in Carlsbad, but everything decent was sold out. I didn’t want to unpack the Suburban, but also didn’t want it to get broken into so I kept driving.

Made it to El Paso around 5am, found a room at TownPlace Suites (Marriott property) in El Paso, looked reasonably safe so I didn’t feel the need to unpack the Suburban.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I regret not stopping in Tucson for dinner. This was the best I could do an hour outside of town.

IMG_2076.png

Thought this was a cool TOAD, you don’t see these old Fords anymore and for good reason LOL

It’s a manual and only has 25k miles, owner was super cool

IMG_2072.jpeg
    IMG_2073.jpeg

Rolled in about 130am. Got everything unpacked. This place is pretty nice, my boys are gonna destroy it :laughing:

IMG_2077.jpeg
    IMG_2078.jpeg
    IMG_2080.jpeg
    IMG_2081.jpeg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Here’s a game called “what’s my rental car?”

Other than a badge on the key fob, I had no idea what this was…

IMG_2086.jpeg
    IMG_2087.jpeg
    IMG_2088.jpeg

…turn out, it’s a Dodge Hornet. But Dodge doesn’t appear anywhere, inside or out. It’s like a generic car

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    You've not heard about the Hornet yet?
    They've been advertising it pretty hard.

I guessed it from the first picture.

Why did you need a rental?

Top Bottom