• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    Since this topic was started back in September I have changed the way I view this forum based on others' advice. I don't even go to the classifieds section any more (mostly because of the Houston bumps). I just click on VIEW NEW POSTS and expect to see an interesting for sale title if I scan correctly. Gave me a chance to interact more here in other topics as well.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Since this topic was started back in September I have changed the way I view this forum based on others' advice. I don't even go to the classifieds section any more (mostly because of the Houston bumps). I just click on VIEW NEW POSTS and expect to see an interesting for sale title if I scan correctly. Gave me a chance to interact more here in other topics as well.
    That's what I do. Except for the constantly bumped sale threads. I still have to open them and close them so they aren't "new posts" anymore.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Anyone buy from the guy from Ohio? He doesnt take pay pal, and his only 1 feedback is negative but hes got some mags I would consider but those cash app things bug me.

I would use chase or pay pal but not the others as it is too easy to lose money especially out of state to someone with no real reputation whatsoever.

Last edited:

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I started putting them on ignore and the number of new posts that were simply classifieds dropped dramatically.
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

ETA - I shouldn't leave it at that. Lemme explain. Many times the staff has been asked to do something about the "serial bumpers." I can't speak for the rest but I'm loathe to do anything for two reasons. First, they aren't breaking any rules. They may not be sticking to the spirit of the rules but they don't cross the line into clear noncompliance. Second, all users have the ability to control what they see. If there are too many bumps from particular members, if that bothers you, every member has the ability to filter out those people.

If anyone uses the board enough to be bothered by the serial bumpers then they use the board enough that they can be reasonable expected to learn how to use the features of the board. If you don't know how, ask. I don't turn down "How do I...?" requests.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

ETA - I shouldn't leave it at that. Lemme explain. Many times the staff has been asked to do something about the "serial bumpers." I can't speak for the rest but I'm loathe to do anything for two reasons. First, they aren't breaking any rules. They may not be sticking to the spirit of the rules but they don't cross the line into clear noncompliance. Second, all users have the ability to control what they see. If there are too many bumps from particular members, if that bothers you, every member has the ability to filter out those people.

If anyone uses the board enough to be bothered by the serial bumpers then they use the board enough that they can be reasonable expected to learn how to use the features of the board. If you don't know how, ask. I don't turn down "How do I...?" requests.
    Actually another member suggested it on this thread, or another like it, and I just started using it myself a couple of months ago. It sure cleaned up my "New Posts" every day when I started doing it.

I like to think of TGT as a forum with the benefit of a Classifieds and not a Classifieds with the benefit of a forum.

And I just have to accept that some simply come to TGT to avail themselves of the free classifieds, and if that is the only reason for them being here, they get relegated to my "Ignore" list pretty quickly.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Actually another member suggested it on this thread, or another like it, and I just started using it myself a couple of months ago. It sure cleaned up my "New Posts" every day when I started doing it.

I like to think of TGT as a forum with the benefit of a Classifieds and not a Classifieds with the benefit of a forum.

And I just have to accept that some simply come to TGT to avail themselves of the free classifieds, and if that is the only reason for them being here, they get relegated to my "Ignore" list pretty quickly.
    Wait I thought this place was a meme vault where we talk about guns some times. Oops!

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    There are a few members that are notorious for bumping their threads every day, or those that are simply here to sell and not interact with the rest of the forum. I started putting them on ignore and the number of new posts that were simply classifieds dropped dramatically.
    I do the same as well. Im starting to recognize the regulars here, so Im good with those sale posts. If there’s a name I don’t recognize then I go to their post history and make a judgement call if they should be on ignore or not. A bunch of sales, bumps with no other conversations or participation = ignore

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    What grabs me are sellers who take pics of the pistol they are selling inside their car. It‘s either on the passenger seat, on the console, or on the sellers lap. I see this quite often, and I would never consider an ad like that. It just screams something is not right with the sale.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    What grabs me are sellers who take pics of the pistol they are selling inside their car. It‘s either on the passenger seat, on the console, or on the sellers lap. I see this quite often, and I would never consider an ad like that. It just screams something is not right with the sale.
    Yep flippers, tip toes the illegal sales buisness. The couple I dealt with were "lacking candor" about some part of the deal so I just ignore those folks figuring they are shady. I dont need the bullshit.

No I dont think it should be illegal to sell for a living without a license.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do the same as well. Im starting to recognize the regulars here, so Im good with those sale posts. If there’s a name I don’t recognize then I go to their post history and make a judgement call if they should be on ignore or not. A bunch of sales, bumps with no other conversations or participation = ignore
    Very similar to what I do as well. Or if they have an under 25 post count and buy a membership, I know they only plan of selling or buying and have no interest in participating or contributing to the community of the forum. = Ignore.

Top Bottom