• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • angus49

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2023
    PipeCreek, Texas
    My Father in Law recently passed. He had a Sig P239 that his wife shot quite a bit - but she has a hell of a time racking it - etc. She wanted an easier pistol for her to deal with and I immediately thought of a Shield EZ. Went to Academy to buy her one (don't give me any straw man shit) and the actually well informed counter guy pointed me to the S&W Guardian. Any thoughts on that?
    Have you looked at the 5.7? Almost no recoil and it's 20-plus rounds. Ruger, Smith, and Palmetto now have them a lot more reasonably than FN.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    I had been considering the Keltec PMR 30 for Mom before demintia made that a no-go. 30 rounds of 22 mag ( Speer makes an impressive 22 mag round ) little recoil and pleasant to shoot.

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    The thing with the Equalizer is that it melds an EZ with a Shield Plus - IIRC it runs on Shield Plus mags but otherwise has the functionality of the EZ series guns. Not a bad idea, they could've done without the billboard on the slide and just made it look like a Shield EZ, and called a Shield EZ Plus to stick with naming conventions.

Another option to maybe look at - the Walter PDP-F - supposed to be easier to rack (designed for females and weaker-handed shooters) than the originals. Narrower grip. Takes the same double stack mags - so you can have 15's or 18's on tap. Good ergonomics, and giant slide serrations to help grip the slide to rack it.

Top Bottom