Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: gll

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    The news article left out much needed information. Such as why the call was made for him to be there and why the kid is so important. Also the kids reaction. Kid was wanted?
    Officer was called the McDs for something else. That kid/car fit the description of someone he was looking for previously. I will try to find the article

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    The news article left out much needed information. Such as why the call was made for him to be there and why the kid is so important. Also the kids reaction. Kid was wanted?
    I was assuming the officer pulled into the McDowells for a big mick and saw the vehicle that fled from him the previously and initiated the call himself. Situation went down hill from there.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Cop screwed up by the numbers....

1. Called for backup - then initiates contact with the suspect BEFORE requested b/u arrives.

2. Opens the door of the vehicle, surprising the suspect - who, at that point, was NOT under arrest/detention and had NO idea he was being approached.

3. The kid may not have responded correctly, but the act of opening the door without announcing himself was illegal - and most of us would have reacted adversely in the same situation.

4. I see any contact w/the officer by the vehicle as being incidental to the cops stupid choices, and therefore not an intentional act of assault by the kid.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Cop screwed up by the numbers....

1. Called for backup - then initiates contact with the suspect BEFORE requested b/u arrives.

2. Opens the door of the vehicle, surprising the suspect - who, at that point, was NOT under arrest/detention and had NO idea he was being approached.

3. The kid may not have responded correctly, but the act of opening the door without announcing himself was illegal - and most of us would have reacted adversely in the same situation.

4. I see any contact w/the officer by the vehicle as being incidental to the cops stupid choices, and therefore not an intentional act of assault by the kid.
    He could have also parked his cruiser behind the suspect's car. That tends to limit the direction the suspect's car can go in, like in reverse towards the officer and anyone else that might be in that lot.

He also kept shooting after the immediate threat had passed (the existence of which at any point is arguable) and the suspect was fleeing. That put the passenger needlessly in danger.

That guy doesn't need to be an officer.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Which law is that? I'm not familiar with it...

Anyway, the question of justification is based on not what events (aka bad tactics) lead to the use of deadly force, but at the moment deadly force was used was the deadly force justified.

The question is basically "could another reasonable officer in the same situation with the same reasonable beliefs (that this was the suspect in a felony evading) come to the conclusion that the vehicle was striking him or attempting to evade possibly entangling him in the door causing serious bodily injury or death?

I might watch the video later...

Last edited by a moderator:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom