Venture Surplus ad

SAXET gun show - review - is asking how many guns you sold a rude question?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Every time I here something like 'that's really how I am, been completely genuine since post 1',
    I grow more skeptical.

HKJL5D3KYCMVWVC4F3AAYRNUMU.jpg

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    You can find deals very rarely, it doesn't help if youre looking for anything more specific than "a gun"
    Yeah, this I've found to be exactly the case. The reason why I only haggled twice was that I only saw Kahr PM9 twice. It was the only thing I was looking for.
    Welcome to Texas. What part of California did you say you were from? Is a pretty State, for sure.
    Los Angeles, yes, pretty state is what I'm after. been living in TX for a few years now though, it's really comfortable for the most part. Four main complaints are so many police on the streets (since I'm a bad driver), mosquitoes, and the August heat/February freeze, and the Gulf water is muddy. People have been quite friendly here, unlike Florida and Hawaii, maybe the tropics just make you angry.

Every time I here something like 'that's really how I am, been completely genuine since post 1',
    I grow more skeptical.
    Well there's nothing I can do/say to please you.
    If I don't say anything and continue posting as usual - you'll think I just keep trolling.
    If I say otherwise - I'll get a post like yours
    Lose-lose :/

Gordo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2023
    San Antonio
    Yeah, this I've found to be exactly the case. The reason why I only haggled twice was that I only saw Kahr PM9 twice. It was the only thing I was looking for.

Los Angeles, yes, pretty state is what I'm after. been living in TX for a few years now though, it's really comfortable for the most part. Four main complaints are so many police on the streets (since I'm a bad driver), mosquitoes, and the August heat/February freeze, and the Gulf water is muddy. People have been quite friendly here, unlike Florida and Hawaii, maybe the tropics just make you angry.

Well there's nothing I can do/say to please you.
    If I don't say anything and continue posting as usual - you'll think I just keep trolling.
    If I say otherwise - I'll get a post like yours
    Lose-lose :/
    Always.
    This is Texas Gun Talk after all...
    You should see what happens here when someone asks about which is better, 9mm or 48ZAP !

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Takeaways:
    -hard (if not impossible) to haggle
    -everything overpriced, did not find any slick deals, I think I'd rather just buy online, the FTF is still cheaper.
    -cool customized holsters
    -great place to window shop, not really buy anything
    I see things haven't changed since the last (the only) gun show I went to in Houston back in 1981.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    San Marcos Gun Show: March 16-17. $20 entrance fee. So, I'm already out $40 just to walk in the door? I'm out. Instead, I'm thinking I might pop into a few pawn shops, turn over a few rocks, and see if I get lucky. **Your welcome OOC thread**

What do you think the justification for $20 would be? Is it better than the SAXET show?

They suspected you were an ATF agent.
    Maybe the stores did. They're the only ones who were too busy for me to talk to much before I popped the question so I had to almost ask right away.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    What do you think the justification for $20 would be?
    Because they want money.

Is it better than the SAXET show?
    I don't know becasue I'm not willing to find out.

The last Saxet show I attended was years ago and I can't remember if it was in SA or New Braunfels. Either way, it was lackluster with the typical old dudes, dusty rifles, and shiny revolvers they had no intention of selling.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    What do you think the justification for $20 would be? Is it better than the SAXET show?

Maybe the stores did. They're the only ones who were too busy for me to talk to much before I popped the question so I had to almost ask right away.

You obviously understand little about the cost of doing business.

alterspaces

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2024
    Corpus Christi
    You obviously understand little about the cost of doing business.
    Not at all, actually I went to ask about gun sales literally because I understood the cost of doing business, hoping to find that each vendor could make more than the $40 they pay for the tables.

In fact, I'd argue perhaps you don't know what cost of doing business is. The entry fee has nothing to do with cost of doing business. It's basically the cost patrons need to pay to get the opportunity to buy stuff, but the patrons are not there to do business, the vendors are, hence why they pay for table space. The patrons are there to buy. The fee to be able to buy more stuff is not a business cost, it's just an extra cost.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    In fact, I'd argue perhaps you don't know what cost of doing business is. The entry fee has nothing to do with cost of doing business. It's basically the cost patrons need to pay to get the opportunity to buy stuff, but the patrons are not there to do business, the vendors are, hence why they pay for table space. The patrons are there to buy. The fee to be able to buy more stuff is not a business cost, it's just an extra cost.

4 generations of independent businessmen would disagree with you, but whatever. Without an entry fee, you'll have all kinds wandering through the show. You also have things like rent, security, insurance, transporting the various and sundry accessories needed for the show setup, etc. Do you know what it costs them to rent the facility?
    Either way, it doesn't matter - either spend the money or not. Just stop whining, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom