• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedwitt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Magnolia, Texas
    OK, here's my thoughts on the subject.

After all you went through and the money you spent on getting said license, why in God's name would you let it go?
    I mean, jeez, now you don't need background checks, you can carry across state lines.
    It just don's make sense to me to let go of something you've worked to get.

I will never let mine go.

Just like my CDL, I have a Class AM CDL that means I can pull doubles and triples and have my motorcycle endorsement, I'll have both till I die, end of story.

a

Higgins909

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2016
    Pflugerville
    OK, here's my thoughts on the subject.

After all you went through and the money you spent on getting said license, why in God's name would you let it go?
    I mean, jeez, now you don't need background checks, you can carry across state lines.
    It just don's make sense to me to let go of something you've worked to get.

I will never let mine go.

Just like my CDL, I have a Class AM CDL that means I can pull doubles and triples and have my motorcycle endorsement, I'll have both till I die, end of story.

a
    Is class AM a typo? I thought there was only A B C? Definitely don't want that to expire. I've looked into it these last couple years and it's like a $5,000 course on the cheap side.

DocBeech

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2023
    Paradise
    It's not a huge amount of money and it allows one to carry in more places and carry in some other states should you travel out of state. Additionally the wait doesn't matter since you can permitless carry.
    My students have been getting their Licenses back in about 2 - 3 weeks on average. I had one student get one back 10 days after the class.

ywwuyi

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2024
    Austin
    What does your online progress bar say? Log back in and check, they will tell you your status. Its like the dominos bar... It even tells you when its been sent to printing.
    It says nothing other than allow sufficient time for processing I hope that means it's been mailed out - I guess the fact that I'm not a US citizen might make things slower...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I've been waiting on my renewal for about a month. When I check the website, it says that if there's no progress update, the renewal is complete and has been mailed.

It's been saying that since last week. :(

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2023
    Lakeway
    I let mine lapse when I retired. Two years now. Never had an issue until the ATF check system went down and I had to drive back to Beeville in order to pick up a new gun this month. Who around the Austin area teaches classes?

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I've been waiting on my renewal for about a month. When I check the website, it says that if there's no progress update, the renewal is complete and has been mailed.

It's been saying that since last week. :(
    You just never know. I have always had good luck on renewals

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    I mail my in the day or two after I get the notice. One year I took the renewal class and mailed it in, if I waited a while the law changed and I wouldn't have had to take the class.

Top Bottom