ARJ Defense ad

Sig 9mms are better than Glock 9mms, prove me wrong!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    He used a serpa and a 1911

Serpa's use a lock that is actuated by the trigger finger, and due to the way the human body works, and does thing like pressing buttons, will deposit the finger either directly on, or at the very least much closer to the trigger compared to actual duty holsters like safariland.

Lots of ranges, organizations, competitions, and shooting schools have banned serpas.
    No details.
    You can NOT shoot your leg drawing a properly carried 1911 from a Serpa.
    It is NOT possible.
    No way whatsoever.
    Even Tex knows that.
    Edited to add: Even Younggun knows!
    Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    He carried his 1911 with the safety off which allowed the trigger to be pulled before the firearm had cleared his body. If the safety had been engaged until he was on target the incident wouldn’t have happened.

This is also why Glocks are not safe for EDC.
    He did not "carry" with the safety off, he dis-engaged it at taking his grip.
    Good on ya!

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Are these people I should look for, instructors or something that have evidence to bolster your arguments?

I’m willing to hear them out, but not going to go searching for them. Do they participate here?
    Yeah, don't search....I don't want you mad at me.
    I, too, like Hi-Point.

Joe

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Asckshually...

RE Tex shooting his own dumb ass...

It wasn't because he didn't have his 1911 on safe - it was switchign between guns / holster combos.

He'd been training with a Glock / 5.11 Thumb Drive - then switched to his 1911 / Serpa - it wasn't because he was carrying safety off - he went and made a pretty radical change between both the gun's manual of arms, and the retention holster's manual of arms - arguably picking the most trash-ass holster ever created - the Blackhawk SERPA (which scary enough became the issue holster for the military for a while before they went Safariland)

I've owned both holsters - the Thumb Drive was a decent holster (sad BladeTech did not pick up branded production when 5.11 discontinued it) - the Serpa is hot garbage served on a platter of day old dog shit. The big issue is that the motion of the Thumb Drive is pretty much all one needs to deactivate the safety on a 1911 - and by pushing in on the SERPA button - your finger is pretty much right there to hit the trigger - so the perfect storm of red neck retardation is right there - you sweep the safety off your otherwise perfectly safe 1911 as your finger pushes into the trigger guard and BAM - you Grebner yourself.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Asckshually...

It wasn't because he didn't have his 1911 on safe - it was switchign between guns / holster combos.

He'd been training with a Glock / 5.11 Thumb Drive - then switched to his 1911 / Serpa - it wasn't because he was carrying safety off - he went and made a pretty radical change between both the gun's manual of arms, and the retention holster's manual of arms - arguably picking the most trash-ass holster ever created - the Blackhawk SERPA (which scary enough became the issue holster for the military for a while before they went Safariland)

I've owned both holsters - the Thumb Drive was a decent holster (sad BladeTech did not pick up branded production when 5.11 discontinued it) - the Serpa is hot garbage served on a platter of day old dog shit. The big issue is that the motion of the Thumb Drive is pretty much all one needs to deactivate the safety on a 1911 - and by pushing in on the SERPA button - your finger is pretty much right there to hit the trigger - so the perfect storm of red neck retardation is right there - you sweep the safety off your otherwise perfectly safe 1911 as your finger pushes into the trigger guard and BAM - you Grebner yourself.
    What I’m getting from this is that his injury was the direct result of shooting a Glock.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Asckshually...

Ding, ding, winner, winner, chicken d....you know, the thing...
    Except for the "trash ass" comment-ya big furry bastard!
    Plus points for "red neck retardation", as well as "Grebner yerself"!

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    So... I don't think I googled Tex Grebner earlier...
    I scroll an app called CocoFun....
    Look what just showed up!

Everything online is connected and controlled....
    I just wish the assholes at Google would stop making EVERY ad be for the thing I ALREADY BOUGHT!

I wonder if I'll get targeted for 30 Super Carry Sigs?

Joe

CarlS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2023
    Austin
    I had preferred my SIGs to any other handgun since acquiring them around '04. However, I carried a G26 about 90% of the time until splitting about even after getting a Shield9 5 years ago. Recently, I'm appreciating the fact that I shoot a Glock (particularly aG34-3/rmr but including my G26) better from a draw in sub 15m practical exercises than the DA/SA 220(45), 220ST(45), 226(9,357,40), 228(9) or 229(357). I'm still more accurate with the SIGs so I'm only considering selling the 229 because I shoot it least.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    I did like my 365 legion a lot until today at 1200ish rounds the extractor broke. I understand parts fail but this irritates me. I ordered another if it fails within 1K after replacement I’ll never own another sig.
    1711837259612.jpeg

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom