Hurley's Gold

Sig 9mms are better than Glock 9mms, prove me wrong!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Interesting, not what I just read:

View attachment 441673
    Lol

These sites thrive on getting free guns to write about. Let people know they can get a $200 gun that outperforms $500-$1000 guns and you can bet all those free goodies to try out will disappear.

HiPoint refuses to pay off the media manufacturers and it allows them to keep costs down. People who shoot them know better than to believe the biased crap on the gun marketing sites. They should have to label their reviews as “paid advertisements”.
    Military Camp

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    1710893240275.png

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    This line of thinking is the reason for just about every death or injury in the industry I work in.

It’s also the same like of thinking that leads to people texting and driving because they’ve “done it for years and never had an accident. Those other people just aren’t as good at it”.

People become accustomed to dangerous situations, they begin to ignore the risks of the situation, and eventually get injured or killed because of it. I’ve seen the same thing in the military and did the same in the military. Luckily, the dice landed correctly long enough that I was out before I faced the consequences.

Glocks simply are not safe for EDC. Grebner shot him self because he became complacent with the safety on his 1911, basically turning it in to a Glock. If he had used it properly he wouldn’t have shit himself.

A properly built firearm with manual safety is perfectly safe to carry and a Serpa holster is perfectly safe. But Glocks are dangerous. And that’s if you are lucky enough that it doesn’t blow up in your hand when you pull the trigger.
    There is no risk, and acceptable risk.
    I find the assumed risk acceptable.
    At what time does luck become skill?
    For the record, I actually hate Glocks.
    I only own eight.

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I have a G17, with original barrel, that has more than 100k rounds, possibly as much as a quarter million, through it. I shoot lead exclusively through it. (My design and build of the mold)
    I have, with competition, and fun shoots, put North of 10k rounds through the G36.
    If these Glocks are gonna blow up, they're taking their sweet time.

Joe

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Agree, a friend has the X Macro and just raves about how great it is. I got a chance to shoot it about 3 weeks ago , surprisingly snappy for what it is and that was disappointing. I won't be giving up my Beretta 92x compact anytime soon.

Funny enough when I had both a 92 and the X-Macro, I compared mags. The Macro mag was almost dimensionally identical to a 92 full size mag. Same width, almost the same length, the X-macro mag oddly enough tapered further down the body. The 92's 15 round mag was actually a big longer than the 17 round X-Macro mag. Were it not for the dimples in the bottom of the 92 mag, I think the X-Macro spring & follower would've allowed the Beretta mag to hold 18 rounds. X-Macro springs are stiff as all hell from the factory though - it really took force, using a LULA to seat rounds 16 and 17 in the X-Macro mag. 15 loaded up just fine. The last two were always a bitch.

The neatest thing about the 365's are how thin the grips are, but honestly, I think that leads to the snappiness of them. The Beretta 92's are pussycats to shoot. Of course being heavier helps, but the junk in the Beretta trunk - like a finely curved Italian woman's ass - makes it handle a lot more pleasantly.

20220924_162731.jpg

20220924_162302.jpg
    20220924_162236.jpg
    20220924_162322.jpg
    20220924_162339.jpg
    20220924_162350.jpg

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There is no risk, and acceptable risk.
    I find the assumed risk acceptable.
    At what time does luck become skill?
    For the record, I actually hate Glocks.
    I only own eight.

Joe
    Luck becomes skill (knowledge/maturity) when you stop carrying a dangerous weapon known for exploding in the users hand and unintentionally discharging rounds and start carrying something for its quality without regard to the overhyped advertising of lesser (though far more expensive) products.

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Luck becomes skill (knowledge/maturity) when you stop carrying a dangerous weapon known for exploding in the users hand and unintentionally discharging rounds and start carrying something for its quality without regard to the overhyped advertising of lesser (though far more expensive) products.
    Gecko45?

Joe

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Can you detail how Tex shot himself?

Joe

He used a serpa and a 1911

Serpa's use a lock that is actuated by the trigger finger, and due to the way the human body works, and does thing like pressing buttons, will deposit the finger either directly on, or at the very least much closer to the trigger compared to actual duty holsters like safariland.

Lots of ranges, organizations, competitions, and shooting schools have banned serpas.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Can you detail how Tex shot himself?

Joe

He carried his 1911 with the safety off which allowed the trigger to be pulled before the firearm had cleared his body. If the safety had been engaged until he was on target the incident wouldn’t have happened.

This is also why Glocks are not safe for EDC.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I never owned a Sig, but when the P365 came out my LGS showed one to me, but it was too small for me.
    Later when other variants of it came out the wife and I went to the range and rented a P365X. She was considering replacing her Ruger and I had heard so much talk about the 365 so we gave it a spin.

She hated it right of the bat, so I shot out the rest of the 9mm that they supplied with the rental. It was ok, but nothing that inspired me.
    We finished out our time at the range, her with her SR9c and me with my G20.

I am not saying that the Sig was bad, it just did not ring our bells.

On another note, I have owned several 9mm, but once I got my first CZ, my 9mm search was over.
    My EDC is still my 10mm G20 though.

Top Bottom