ARJ Defense ad

Sig 9mms are better than Glock 9mms, prove me wrong!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I will always be grateful to Tex Grebner for having the guts to post that video.
    I have carried a 1911 in a Serpa. I am certain I know what he did wrong, and I am comfortable with a Serpa.
    I carry a 45 Glock in a Serpa every day.
    (No Sigs :) )

Joe

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I will always be grateful to Tex Grebner for having the guts to post that video.
    I have carried a 1911 in a Serpa. I am certain I know what he did wrong, and I am comfortable with a Serpa.

Joe
    I really think you should reconsider your choices in EDC equipment. People often say “I know what they did wrong” or “it’s perfectly safe when properly used” but it’s just a cover for poorly designed and dangerous equipment. It’s easy to find a list of NDs at a much higher rate than other available options.

Glocks simply aren’t safe for EDC use.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas

Joe

Dont forget to put some sticks, shell casings, and draw strings in the holster.

I mean a Glock in a SERPA, it's not like you're gonna make it more dangerous

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine

Joe

Did someone say Tex G??
    982ea59aae622ecd076719f992336a22.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    I really think you should reconsider your choices in EDC equipment. People often say “I know what they did wrong” or “it’s perfectly safe when properly used” but it’s just a cover for poorly designed and dangerous equipment. It’s easy to find a list of NDs at a much higher rate than other available options.

Glocks simply aren’t safe for EDC use.
    No.
    I seem to recall, Tex, in an aftermath video, detailed what he did to shoot himself.
    Essentially, violate one rule for the safe carry of a 1911, and violate one of the 4 Rules of Gun Safety. (Technically two...)
    I will accept, that the Condition One, cocked-and-locked 1911 is far safer than Glock "Safe Action".
    A G36 in a Serpa serves, and has served, my purposes quite well for the past 21 years.

Joe

red442joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2022
    Michigan
    Something I realized recently about Glocks, and about the assertion that Glocks are "un-safe", as compared to Sigs.
    The whole pull the trigger to take-down a Glock...
    I fully understand the mix up in order of the 1-"remove magazine"
    2-"Eject chambered round"
    3-"Pull trigger", before pressing back the slide slightly, then pushing down the locking bar , then letting the slide go forward.
    As opposed to, say, take-down of a Sig 226.
    Getting 1 and 2 reversed is where Glock take-down gets screwed up, then the screaming about "OH MY GAWD, YOU GOTTA PULL THE TRIGGET?!?!?!"
    I understand how that gets messed up.
    What I DON'T understand....why, why, oh why the-ephing-WHY must retards point the Glock at their hand when pulling the trigger?
    Ya gotta be smarter than the parts.

Joe

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    No.
    I seem to recall, Tex, in an aftermath video, detailed what he did to shoot himself.
    Essentially, violate one rule for the safe carry of a 1911, and violate one of the 4 Rules of Gun Safety. (Technically two...)
    I will accept, that the Condition One, cocked-and-locked 1911 is far safer than Glock "Safe Action".
    A G36 in a Serpa serves, and has served, my purposes quite well for the past 21 years.

Joe

This line of thinking is the reason for just about every death or injury in the industry I work in.

It’s also the same like of thinking that leads to people texting and driving because they’ve “done it for years and never had an accident. Those other people just aren’t as good at it”.

People become accustomed to dangerous situations, they begin to ignore the risks of the situation, and eventually get injured or killed because of it. I’ve seen the same thing in the military and did the same in the military. Luckily, the dice landed correctly long enough that I was out before I faced the consequences.

Glocks simply are not safe for EDC. Grebner shot him self because he became complacent with the safety on his 1911, basically turning it in to a Glock. If he had used it properly he wouldn’t have shit himself.

A properly built firearm with manual safety is perfectly safe to carry and a Serpa holster is perfectly safe. But Glocks are dangerous. And that’s if you are lucky enough that it doesn’t blow up in your hand when you pull the trigger.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    This line of thinking is the reason for just about every death or injury in the industry I work in.

It’s also the same like of thinking that leads to people texting and driving because they’ve “done it for years and never had an accident. Those other people just aren’t as good at it”.

People become accustomed to dangerous situations, they begin to ignore the risks of the situation, and eventually get injured or killed because of it. I’ve seen the same thing in the military and did the same in the military. Luckily, the dice landed correctly long enough that I was out before I faced the consequences.

Glocks simply are not safe for EDC. Grebner shot him self because he became complacent with the safety on his 1911, basically turning it in to a Glock. If he had used it properly he wouldn’t have shit himself.

A properly built firearm with manual safety is perfectly safe to carry and a Serpa holster is perfectly safe. But Glocks are dangerous. And that’s if you are lucky enough that it doesn’t blow up in your hand when you pull the trigger.
    Glocks are fine for EDC. You may not be comfortable carrying a Glock, but that doesn’t mean the gun is a problem.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Glocks are fine for EDC. You may not be comfortable carrying a Glock, but that doesn’t mean the gun is a problem.

People say starting fluid is perfectly fine for inflating tires until they are maimed by an exploding tire.

You can claim it’s safe if you do it right, but that doesn’t really make it safe. It just means you’ve been lucky.

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    People say starting fluid is perfectly fine for inflating tires until they are maimed by an exploding tire.

You can claim it’s safe if you do it right, but that doesn’t really make it safe. It just means you’ve been lucky.

What data points are used as the basis for chalking up to being lucky?

Havok1

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2021
    US
    It’s not hard to find the data on how dangerous Glocks are.

Glock failure and injury statistic

That’s not data though. All you did is show that despite Glocks “perfection” marketing, like every other product that humans have ever produced, the most popular handgun in the world is in fact, not perfect. However, it is in no way evidence that the gun is any less safe for EDC than any other gun. I actually think there is a solid argument that Glocks are safer for EDC than many other guns.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Busy rookies
    Top Bottom