ARJ Defense ad

Sig 9mms are better than Glock 9mms, prove me wrong!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Because
    CAG/The Unit/SOCOM/SFOD-D/JSOC/Delta/Seal Team 6/SOF/Etc… all traded in their Sigs and 1911’s for Glocks.

I could list a number of other agencies from Texas DPS and others that got rid of their Sig P series from the P220’s to P226’s, but the above is enough to show that the Glock is far superior than the Sig in real world use vs those that just carry a side arm made by Sig, like most of the US Military and some police departments.

At work, the ones who carry Sig M17/18’s are the taskers on the ground. The ones with Glocks are going out doing the actual missions.

View attachment 437445
    Thank you for proving that 5.56 is the superior rifle cartridge and 9mm is the superior cartridge for handguns.

Will stop a lot of future debates.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    Thank you for proving that 5.56 is the superior rifle cartridge and 9mm is the superior cartridge for handguns.

Will stop a lot of future debates.

But the 7.62 NATO (.308) is the most effective round, be it in a bolt action sniper rifle (M24), semi auto counter sniper rifle (M110A1), battle rifle M14/21), or machine gun (M240B). The 5.56 is just pea shooter that fuelers, mechanics, clerks, cooks, and others carry. I mean the 5.56 was made for the Air Force to have light rifle, with no recoil, because they were not strong enough for a .308… like the SEAL’s with their M60E4’s and Mk48’s in 7.62. You can’t spell Wimp, without an MP, and the weakest MP’s have 5.56 M249 SAW’s not M240’s or M134’s in 7.62 like direct action units.

(This like a tolling threat right?…).

ItzGene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2022
    Plano
    I had a P365 and I shot it fine until I started doing timed defensive drill. Then it all went to garbage! Two trainers told me the gun was too small for me. When I replied I wanted a small gun they handed me a Glock 26 with a pinky finger extension. Instantly my shooting improved 100% on the spot! I also had a 320 and started IDPA shooting. When I told them I was going to use a 320 they asked me if I had any experience with holsters and 320’s. I said no, they said get a Glock! I did.

69ChevelleLSX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2019
    Texas
    p226 legion trumps all glocks
    p210 trumps all glocks
    A plastic M17 trumps all glocks
    Sig 1911’s Trump all glocks
    A Broken metal gun trumps all glocks.

Glock fan boys are worse the 6.5 creedmoor fan boys.
    I own quite a few Glocks they cycle well, but plastic is for Barbie dolls not firearms.

WAA

I ❤️ Texas
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2022
    Slab City
    Designed to carry like a .380 and almost mimic a 9mm, the .30 Super Carry was actually designed by Federal Premium as a cartridge for ladies and transsexuals. The .30sc solves a non-existant problem. It does, however, attract those who think everything new is necessarily better.
    And?

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    But the 7.62 NATO (.308) is the most effective round, be it in a bolt action sniper rifle (M24), semi auto counter sniper rifle (M110A1), battle rifle M14/21), or machine gun (M240B). The 5.56 is just pea shooter that fuelers, mechanics, clerks, cooks, and others carry. I mean the 5.56 was made for the Air Force to have light rifle, with no recoil, because they were not strong enough for a .308… like the SEAL’s with their M60E4’s and Mk48’s in 7.62. You can’t spell Wimp, without an MP, and the weakest MP’s have 5.56 M249 SAW’s not M240’s or M134’s in 7.62 like direct action units.

(This like a tolling threat right?…).

I've got a friend who is DPS who is really disappointed with the 9mm P320 DPS switched to, from the .357 Sig chambered 226. He bought his old service pistol when they transitioned to the new one. Anecdotally, he said they have experienced poorer performance in actual shootings with the 9mm over the .357s because they were originally supposed to go with a specific bonded bullet, but when the guns were switched they switched duty loads at the last minute to a cheaper, less performing round. Penetration through auto glass and door skins has not been as good. He didn't know how true it was, but he said he's heard ruminations about DPS on the hunt for a replacement for both the P320 and the 9x19.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I've got a friend who is DPS who is really disappointed with the 9mm P320 DPS switched to, from the .357 Sig chambered 226. He bought his old service pistol when they transitioned to the new one. Anecdotally, he said they have experienced poorer performance in actual shootings with the 9mm over the .357s because they were originally supposed to go with a specific bonded bullet, but when the guns were switched they switched duty loads at the last minute to a cheaper, less performing round. Penetration through auto glass and door skins has not been as good. He didn't know how true it was, but he said he's heard ruminations about DPS on the hunt for a replacement for both the P320 and the 9x19.
    1709395088528.png

1709395112875.png

The Model 610. Cure what ails ya!

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine

Yup, leave it to Austin to fix what wasn’t broken in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sasquatch

30 Super Carry Post Whore 2K Champ
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Yup, leave it to Austin to fix what wasn’t broken in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The talk I heard was of M&P's in .40 or .45 but who knows. Could be they go to another 9mm because money talks. I think they'd wind up with new guns anyway, as they've started to phase in optics and weapon lights and their older guns were not optic cut.

Top Bottom