Target Sports

South Carolina to secede over gun confiscation.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/04/south_carolina_lawmakers_intro.html

South Carolina lawmakers have introduced a bill that would allow them to secede from the U.S. if the federal government attempts to confiscate legally purchased firearms.

Three Republican representatives introduced the bill Thursday. It would allow the state's General Assembly to meet "to consider whether to secede from the U.S. based on the federal government's unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment..." if the "federal government confiscates legally purchased firearms in this state."
    Gun Zone Deals

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    If the Second Amendment is gutted de facto, I believe Texas would have grounds to leave the union. The treaty by which Texas joined the union had underlying assumptions, one of which was that the Constitution would be abided by.

For the Second Amendment to be gutted by a means other than that legally specified (e.g., a subsequent Constitutional Amendment), would be an abandonment of the Constitution. And thus grounds for declaring the treaty broken.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    If the Second Amendment is gutted de facto, I believe Texas would have grounds to leave the union. The treaty by which Texas joined the union had underlying assumptions, one of which was that the Constitution would be abided by.

For the Second Amendment to be gutted by a means other than that legally specified (e.g., a subsequent Constitutional Amendment), would be an abandonment of the Constitution. And thus grounds for declaring the treaty broken.
    if that were the case, I would hope all the libs would abondon ship.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Remember, liberals & Demoncraps have never seen a gun control law that they didn't like. Every gun control law I can remember being introduced in Federal and state legislatures have been by Demoncraps! They will never quit! Never! How folks that own firearms could ever think of voting for these rat bastards is beyond me, but they do, and in every damn election!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I think it goes beyond gun control...it’s simply control.

The government - and by definition liberal/progressives - knows what’s best for everyone else. In all aspects of life.

Disagreement simply means you aren’t smart enough to realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The government - and by definition liberal/progressives - knows what’s best for everyone else. In all aspects of life.
    I would state it more generally.

I think anyone who actually aspires to high political office suffers from mental problems that lead them to believe they know what's best for everybody. Right-wing, left-wing, centrist - it doesn't matter where people lean politically. If you actually want wide-ranging (i.e. national) political power, you have an unhealthy desire to mess about in the business of other folks.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I would state it more generally.

I think anyone who actually aspires to high political office suffers from mental problems that lead them to believe they know what's best for everybody. Right-wing, left-wing, centrist - it doesn't matter where people lean politically. If you actually want wide-ranging (i.e. national) political power, you have an unhealthy desire to mess about in the business of other folks.

Agree .
    I've always believed, anyone who wants a position of power, probably doesn't need nor deserve it.

Grundy1133

Born on a Monday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2018
    Gainesville, TX

true story!

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    South Carolina--or any other state--isn't going to succeed. That's happened once in our history, and it's not going to happen again. Even Texas, which has the greatest chance of surviving on its own, will never leave the Union. It can't afford to, nor can any other state.

Such titles are misleading and only add to the hysteria. Three lawmakers introducing a bill that only states the state can consider leaving (which it already can) doesn't mean it will do so. There is dubious legality towards unilateral secession. In Texas v. White, the United States Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional. In most cases, it's pure hyperbole...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...u-s-a-four-step-guide/?utm_term=.e20e35b6e08d

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    If states were to secede again, it would need to be a well thought out system. Economically, it would be a disaster for any state to leave on its own. This is just beating a drum to indicate people are tired of the utopian idea the liberals think is a reality. A revolution would be much more likely than another civil war or secession. In the end, I put my family first regardless of what happens in my lifetime.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    South Carolina--or any other state--isn't going to succeed. That's happened once in our history, and it's not going to happen again. Even Texas, which has the greatest chance of surviving on its own, will never leave the Union. It can't afford to, nor can any other state.

Such titles are misleading and only add to the hysteria. Three lawmakers introducing a bill that only states the state can consider leaving (which it already can) doesn't mean it will do so. There is dubious legality towards unilateral secession. In Texas v. White, the United States Supreme Court ruled unilateral secession unconstitutional. In most cases, it's pure hyperbole...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...u-s-a-four-step-guide/?utm_term=.e20e35b6e08d

Mighty bold word there - never.

Many states could afford to leave the union, including Texas.

robinray649

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Tulsa
    I would also expect Oklahoma to follow suit. Pretty much most of the gun violence would end if being a ps liberal/commycrat was declared a threat to national security. If anyone noticed most of the mass gun shooters are ps liberal/commycrats.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    I've thought long and hard on the matter (for at least 3 minutes), and I've come to the conclusion there likely would never be individual state secession, but I can see a strong case for a new union.

Top Bottom