• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Your problem is bigger then just Austin and Houston. Every big city in TX votes blue. With current trends it won't be long until the large liberal urban population centers will out vote the more conservative but less populated rural areas and TX will be no different then CA, WA, OR, NY, etc.

That'll be a sad day if/when it happens.
    Target Sports

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Your own home grown libtards are doing a fine job even without out of towners. Just look at the native Texan this thread is about.

Plus you TX guys do things like go to CA to recruit the current Chief of the Houston PD.

In a sense you’re correct. Bonnet got voted in, and historically, natives aren’t that inclined to vote to begin with, despite what CNN tells you.

The domestic migrants moving here generally are of voting age, more active politically, and are voting for those they associate are more conservative than where they came from, but in reality are more liberal than we’ve had in the last 20ish years.

In short, it’s a combinations things, and the people on this board are generally more conservative and/or libertarian than the Texas population as a whole.

WT_Foxtrot

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    North Texas
    Your problem is bigger then just Austin and Houston. Every big city in TX votes blue. With current trends it won't be long until the large liberal urban population centers will out vote the more conservative but less populated rural areas and TX will be no different then CA, WA, OR, NY, etc.

Been that way for awhile and way overblown. While the inner major cities lean blue (except Fort Worth of course, God bless her), the surrounding suburbs and counties that help make up the greater metro areas lean heavily red unlike in CA. Then of course much of the rest of the state except the Valley goes red by 50-80 points. Heard the same crap going into '16 and how all of a sudden Texas was "purple and up for grabs." Trump won by damn near 10 points. Then CNN woke up and learned it was just a wet dream.

Just pray the dems keep up their hammer and sickle routine and it will get even more red.

Last edited:

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Well I just wrote my Representative to remind him that Ann Richards tried to screw over Gun Owners in Texas and ended up selling Doritos on TV. Also for a reply when constitutional carry is scheduled to come to the floor.

gshayd

Ugliest house on the block.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2018
    Beaumont, Texas
    Texas ain't blue yet.... wave a white flag and pout or start sending mail to Bonnen and your representative. You can go to the Texas House web site to find your representative and Bonnen's e-mail also.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Anyone angry about this needs to save up some money and some vacation, come next election head into his district and do some block walking for any of his primary opponents. Even if he has multiple opponents we just need to get someone to force a runoff and then back them then.

https://www.facebook.com/RepDennisBonnen/photos/a.10151860228066534/10155756306711534/

Bonnen supports "sensible" gun control.
    ...I – and other lawmakers and their families – have been incessantly harassed by fanatical gun rights activists who want to eradicate sensible gun policies.

Last edited:

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    So what’s the actual story. Some activist was canvassing a neighborhood and they’re claiming he’s intimidating a politician’s family?

These republicans are going to give democrats Texas with a bow on top.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I read that Bonnen was threatening to kill every single bill Strickland sponsored if HB 357 wasn't pulled.
    Yeah, it's too bad our legislators act like petulant children and want to punish anyone who challenges their authoritah.

Anyone angry about this needs to save up some money and some vacation, come next election head into his district and do some block walking for any of his primary opponents.
    Be careful not to "intimidate" anyone...

Sublime

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2019
    Dallas
    This is the email Alice Tripp from TSRA replied back to me when I emailed her for clarification of the initial email she sent out via TSRA concerning the incident. TSRA also believes McNutt overstepped the bounds. I asked what McNutt was charged with and what the TSRA rating was for Nevarez. I told her Bonnen was spineless and even if McNutt threatened him (which I still haven't read that he did), Bonnen should have moved HB 357 forward for the lawful 2A residents/supporters of TX.

From Tripp -
    When Session began I was informed by HSPS committee chairman, a friend of Rep. Stickland's, that he and Stickland had agreed that HB 357 would be heard in committee which mean probably voted out. I went to Rep. Stickland's office and he said the same thing.

Then Lone Star Gun Rights decided to start the calls... Several times a week, they did a state wide alert to call the Speaker's office and several House members and demand that the hearing happen immediately. Stickland asked the the calls stop.... that didn't happen...

No one believed for a second that the bill could pass both the House and Senate. One senate version was filed 3 sessions back, it never got a hearing.... and the House bill has 16 out of 90 co-authors (promises to vote on the floor). But if phone calls and demands could make something happen... it would be a done deal at least in the House.

The calls escalated from harassing to threatening... and DPS knew...

I can send you the newspaper article from the Angleton paper telling of the "arrest" of McNutt.

NRA and TSRA put out an alert over the weekend but it's TSRA that's under attack... although we share the scoring of incumbents and candidates with NRA and Bonnen has never voted against a gun bill.

The only tool is some folks "tool box" is a hammer and they assign blame for their inabilities and it's a shame. I have 155 bills on my watch list and 80% are anti-gun. Texas lost 12 R House seats and 2 in the Senate and every appellate justice up for re-election. The D's are marketing their version of "common sense" with Gun Violence Awareness month which causes us to spent political capital changing to gun safety awareness month. This is just the simple stuff .... Last week we found down a bill to do away with Campus carry and there's every kind of gun show loophole etc... we ever saw or hear of...

I have never attacked a legislator, never attacked a group.... I passed bills with every Speaker (R or D) but threats? Are you kidding me... and the treats made it to the media level...

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    There’s more than a few Trump supporters in the closet. I know a few older gays and every one of them said they voted for him. Or so they say.

That includes gays from both Texas and Cali.

Last edited:

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Bonnen was unanimously voted in by the House - to follow the last jerk we had! He (and the House ) are OUR Reps. To autonomously kill a bill is what the last jerk had a habit of doing. And to do that as retaliation on the public for his outrage at someone doing something perfectly legal shows he is unfit to be speaker of the House, even to be a Rep. Maybe he's related to LBJ? It does appear that this session is just more of the same BS to keep taxes on the rise as Gov. needs more to spend.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    This is the email Alice Tripp from TSRA replied back to me when I emailed her for clarification of the initial email she sent out via TSRA concerning the incident. TSRA also believes McNutt overstepped the bounds. I asked what McNutt was charged with and what the TSRA rating was for Nevarez. I told her Bonnen was spineless and even if McNutt threatened him (which I still haven't read that he did), Bonnen should have moved HB 357 forward for the lawful 2A residents/supporters of TX.

From Tripp -
    When Session began I was informed by HSPS committee chairman, a friend of Rep. Stickland's, that he and Stickland had agreed that HB 357 would be heard in committee which mean probably voted out. I went to Rep. Stickland's office and he said the same thing.

Then Lone Star Gun Rights decided to start the calls... Several times a week, they did a state wide alert to call the Speaker's office and several House members and demand that the hearing happen immediately. Stickland asked the the calls stop.... that didn't happen...

No one believed for a second that the bill could pass both the House and Senate. One senate version was filed 3 sessions back, it never got a hearing.... and the House bill has 16 out of 90 co-authors (promises to vote on the floor). But if phone calls and demands could make something happen... it would be a done deal at least in the House.

I can send you the newspaper article from the Angleton paper telling of the "arrest" of McNutt.

NRA and TSRA put out an alert over the weekend but it's TSRA that's under attack... although we share the scoring of incumbents and candidates with NRA and Bonnen has never voted against a gun bill.

The only tool is some folks "tool box" is a hammer and they assign blame for their inabilities and it's a shame. I have 155 bills on my watch list and 80% are anti-gun. Texas lost 12 R House seats and 2 in the Senate and every appellate justice up for re-election. The D's are marketing their version of "common sense" with Gun Violence Awareness month which causes us to spent political capital changing to gun safety awareness month. This is just the simple stuff .... Last week we found down a bill to do away with Campus carry and there's every kind of gun show loophole etc... we ever saw or hear of...

I have never attacked a legislator, never attacked a group.... I passed bills with every Speaker (R or D) but threats? Are you kidding me... and the treats made it to the media level...

Of course the TSRA and the NRA are going to attack McNutt and his organization and any other pro-gun organization, they don't want the competition. And they don't seem to want constitutional carry, since they have done NOTHING to promote it.

It is obvious from the TSRA response that bonehead will keep his NRA 'A' rating despite his anti-gun agenda.

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    Here is an email that I received from McNutt:

unauth_avatar_red.png

Chris McNutt <chrism@txgunrights.org>
    10:36 AM (2 hours ago)

to chrism
    cleardot.gif

I'm deeply saddened that you are being sucked into the anti-gun media's hype, which include the Speakers gun control lobby provided talking points for why he opposes Constitutional Carry as “bad policy.”

Speaker Bonnen's lies have drug my name through mud on the national stage. The entire narrative is a complete hit piece and fabricated exaggeration intended to give the Speaker cover for his actions of killing the bill himself. There is only a grain of truth with lots of outright lies in all of the reports that have circulated thus far.

I was on KLBJ radio in Austin earlier to deliver my first mainstream-media public interview since the media firestorm started and will be on KPRC radio in Houston at 2pm.

I humbly encourage you to research this matter further to find out the truth, but I have the full support of all other grassroots gun rights organizations in Texas: Lone Star Gun Rights, Open Carry Texas, and Gun Owners of America.

Here are some resources you can start with:
    https://www.lsgr.live/articles/bonnen-backstabs-texas-gun-owners
    https://bigleaguepolitics.com/texas...e-troopers-to-intimidate-gun-rights-activist/

Regards,
    Chris McNutt
    Executive Director
    Texas Gun Rights

Cell: (972) 638-7314

ChrisM@txgunrights.org

Attachments

• unauth_avatar_red.png
      unauth_avatar_red.png
      335 bytes · Views: 313

RoadRunner

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2018
    Here
    So does this mean that if somebody wants to kill a particular bill, all they need to do is go to Bonnen's house and demand it get a hearing?

I'M NOT ADVOCATING THIS, I'm just asking. Are these the new rules?

Bonehead killing H.B. 357 had nothing to do with anyone going to his house. He never intended for the bill to get a vote or even a hearing. He is a RINO with an anti-gun agenda.

But he will continue to enjoy his NRA 'A' rating.

OFFascist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Portland, TX
    Here is the take of one of the Grassroots Republicans that I follow.

https://www.facebook.com/texasgrassroots/posts/2202253643358039
    Grassroots campaigns have no money. Incumbents have plenty, and spend it like they have it.

For this reason, it's a common tactic in a grassroots campaign to narrowly target just the neighborhoods around the incumbent's house so that the incumbent knows you marketed and hopefully hears from his neighbors that they're receiving your material.

It's a tactic to make you look bigger than you actually are, and it can be effective because the incumbent doesn't know how narrowly or widely you targeted.

Dennis Bonnen is trying to make it look like he's a victim and his family was in some danger because this tactic was used. He's often incredulous that anyone disagrees with him (only those on "the fringe" disagree with him), so his response really isn't too surprising.

This is a freedom of speech issue where a blockwalker threatened no one and used a common grassroots campaign tactic. If we let Bonnen sell the idea that this lit-drop was over-the-top, then we only help incumbents stay in office.

That's why I'm deeply passionate over this issue.

That, and I'm tired of overwrought cries of injury at someone using their freedom of speech and freedom of writing. The speaker should move to Massachusetts if he wants to clutch his pearls at mere words.

In the meantime, he's killing our liberty here in Texas and getting the gullible who don't yet have the facts to side with him.

seeker_two

My posts don't count....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    That place east of Waco....

From Tripp -

Tripp is cut from the same cloth as Bonnen. She'll say anything to keep up her veneer of power and influence with the Legislature.

Meanwhile, Texas gun owners get a bunch of nothing for their NRA/TSRA dues......not just 357, but all the other pro-rights bills look DOA now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom