• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Five minutes ago, I heard on channel 13 that two HS students in Sweeny TX refused to stand as the pledge to our flag was given. The School Administration checked with their lawyers who advised them that show of disrespect was protected by law and they caved in. Now, students don't need to stand for the Pledge to the Flag.

I'm sorry, this really got my goat. My eyes tear up when you guys tell about friends or family or even yourselves who paid a price for service to our country. I have stories of my own and recognize names on the "Wall" from Viet Nam. Now, the little bastards can disrespect those sacrifices as symbolized by the Stars and Stripes if they wish.

As a retired teacher, I often say that school Administrators do what is best for themselves and what makes their job easier. In doing that, they fail to do what is RIGHT and PROPER for kids and our communities. My stand would be "Fine .....sue us but you'll need to do just that. The boys will stand during the pledge or you can send them to another school. WE respect our nation's flag here!"

Worse yet, the parents of the two boys have let us all down. If my kid pulled a stunt like that, he would see first "HAND" how I feel about it. After the initial butt busting, I'd give two choices. 1) Stand and show proper respect for our flag or 2) Know what it's like to have your life become a living Hell!

That's the trouble with kids. They are so protected that they aren't afraid of anything. I feel that a certain amount of fear about consequences is normal and acceptable.

Damn it, I'm pissed!

Flash
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    HHHHMMMMM.....what do you mean? Snicker!

If I was running the show, the little shits would be suspended and have their graduation delayed until they turned 25. I would drag the fight out until they gave up but that's how I am. I won't quit, ask for quarter nor give any. The fight will continue until someone doesn't get up.

Flash

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Yeah, it's unfortunate some people do these things for the spotlight, while others do it for their political beliefs. Saddening. I would be mad if I found out that one of my sons did the same. But, I can honestly say I'm not surprised with the way everything else has been going in society.
    snopes.com: Mexican Flag at Montebello High School

Well technically this was Mexico once....

But we beat the shit out of them and won this land so get the **** over it already.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    "I Believe we should force everyone to show respect for this nation and it's wise policys". Our leader President Obama and his government deserve the utmost respect and any dissension should first be met with an attempt at re-education and when that does
    Not work (and it never wirks) then jail and maybe expulsion. The flag is just the start.

Students are the first step. If they can't be forced to say the pledge and stand then we need to punish them before this insanity spreads to the adult population.

drummingchevy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Houston
    ROGER4314
    That's the trouble with kids. They are so protected that they aren't afraid of anything. I feel that a certain amount of fear about consequences is normal and acceptable.

Damn it, I'm pissed!

Flash
    I agree 100% with this. The paddle truly needs to be reinstated and made a staple in the public education system.

However, I'm not aware of any legislation that requires one to stand if able during the pledge. On the other hand, I have numerous family members who are currently serving in the military and some retired who are veterans, and I am outraged at this behavior. One of these relatives was my grandfather who passed away in December. He served in Europe during WWII and was a teacher there at Sweeny High School. I can't imagine how he would feel if he were alive today to hear this news.

The Mayor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here the problem. We complain that we are lossing are rights, but they have that right not to stand. I'm in the military and have served for 13 years and I hate the fact that some people on base hear the natianl anthem and make a mad dash the car of building just so they don't have to stand a salute. If they are military I can get in thier ass , but the civilian employes or dependents there not much I can do. Which brings me back to my point it is there right and I fight for that freedom so people can disrepect the flag and burn it if they want. That is their choice.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    We could always cut their throats. I figure a few people bleeding out on the gym floor in front of the student body would likely do the job.

If these little shits don't have enough patriotism to appreciate what this country has done for them, let em die... After a while the real Americans will assume control.

End of problem.

EDIT: Obviously this post is dripping with sarcasm and dark humor. Even I don't believe we should cut their throats. It's pretty sad individual that doesn't have any patriotism for his country... no matter what country is home.

The Mayor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We could always cut their throats. I figure a few people bleeding out on the gym floor in front of the student body would likely do the job.

If these little shits don't have enough patriotism to appreciate what this country has done for them, let em die... After a while the real Americans will assume control.

End of problem.

I work with a lot of people in the military who have been asked did you join becuase of patriotism? Half said no Im only here to pay for college. When Amercica start forceing people to be patriotic we will be come china!!!!!

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    One should not have to be forced to be patriotic toward their country. Weak and worthless people who want others to do everything for them should be eliminated from society. Good Americans are patriotic. Good citizens of all countries should be patriotic.

That doesn't mean that we think everything we do is right or even agree with our politicians. Patriotism is a characteristic carried high by people of substance.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Those are all good points but children do not have the life experience to use in making decisions about their lives. That is when responsible adults are supposed to step in and make the correct decisions for the kids. The young ones say they hate that but as a 22 year teacher, I can testify that when you, as an adult fail to stand tall, make the right decision and FORCE the kid to do right, they will despise you for it.

The adults at the Sweeny homes/school failed miserably.

Flash

The Mayor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just asking cuase I am one of the people who joined for college and I do this for a pay check and not patriotism. I was raised by my mother and father and I come from a long line of military men in my family. I just saying we have rights and we should allow them thier rights.

iibao

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    San Antonio
    Those are all good points but children do not have the life experience to use in making decisions about their lives. That is when responsible adults are supposed to step in and make the correct decisions for the kids. The young ones say they hate that but as a 22 year teacher, I can testify that when you, as an adult fail to stand tall, make the right decision and FORCE the kid to do right, they will despise you for it.

The adults at the Sweeny homes/school failed miserably.

Flash

The Sweeny homes/school failed miserably because they let the kids exercise their rights? Maybe the two students know where this country is heading. Freedom is a beautiful thing, but it has an ugly side, too.

Top Bottom